I tested positive

Yesterday, I tested positive for Covid. I have slight cold symptoms. I am supposed to cruise in 8 days. Will they allow me to go? Chances are, I will still test positive even though I will be past the 5 day quarantine rule. (I hear you can get a positive test result for 90 days) Can I show them the date of my positive test result to be allowed to get on the ship?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Saoa0318 said:

Unless the health questionnaire has changed, you will not be able to answer no to the signs and symptoms in the last 14 days question. You will be denied boarding.

I'm sorry, but this answer is not official........ until after you've consulted the magic 8-ball.

Edited by soremekun
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm sorry this has happened to you - but regardless of when you first came down with Covid and tested positive, you won't be allowed on the ship if you still test positive.

If I were you, I would simply relax, get well, and accept the cruise is toast - reschedule for a later date.

Edited by mek
  • Like 7

if you have tested positive and before the cruise test negative, is that an automatic no go?  Not sure why it would be as long as you test negative before the cruise.  And being vaccinated and the rapid test, I think there is a good chance you test negative.  No reason not to cruise.  

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Rosy Season said:

A lot.  We're sitting here counting how many crew are being off loaded onto Vision of the Seas - already at 90.  They catch it from passengers.  On top of the 50 from earlier this week!

That's not the passengers either.

I agree- it’s the passengers who are spreading this.  RC has the right plan but can’t implement it when people are so careless.  There should be 0 unvaccinated onboard IMO. 

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Rosy Season said:

A lot.  We're sitting here counting how many crew are being off loaded onto Vision of the Seas - already at 90.  They catch it from passengers.  On top of the 50 from earlier this week!

That's not the passengers either.

Geez, is there any crew left on your ship?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, mek said:

Just another example of why the pre cruise questionnaire is so pointless.  Just rely on the Covid test being negative and nothing else. (realizing that also has flaws.)

They could temperature check at the port then test if you are running a little high. Heck, they temp checked us at Money Bar in Cozumel- an outdoor bar on the water.

5 minutes ago, vandy said:

I agree- it’s the passengers who are spreading this.  RC has the right plan but can’t implement it when people are so careless.  There should be 0 unvaccinated onboard IMO. 

☹ its not like the vaccinated are getting and spreading covid .. smh..

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, mek said:

Just another example of why the pre cruise questionnaire is so pointless.  Just rely on the Covid test being negative and nothing else. (realizing that also has flaws.)

Not really.  If it's found out that you lied on it, they'll be able to deny all benefits.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rosy Season said:

The final count was 108 just now.

What ship are you on?  Probably means if they tested crew again  tomorrow there would be 30 or 40 more..........and who knows how many passengers right now are positive walking around with it too.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 3