I tested positive

4 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

I wonder if the reason they’re not testing you is because you’re already quarantined with someone who has already tested positive. 

I’m sure that Royal just doesn’t want to increase their official count that has to be reported. 😡

Edited by D4
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Rosy Season said:

Oh I definitely understand why they do that.  

And yes, that time has come . This needs to shut down for a few weeks.

Thank you for all your honest information. I hope you all get home soon, safe and sound. You have made me feel like a made the right decision to postpone our January 3rd cruise a couple days ago.

• Like 4

So I got an upgrade to a Junior Suite which I paid extra for and now I'm quarantined and not even in the room.  They are claiming that they won't give me that extra money back.  *Maybe* a partial refund.  If they don't do what's right here I"m taking these pictures up the entire media chain. 

This is the kind of behavior that makes me angry.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

I wonder if the reason they’re not testing you is because you’re already quarantined with someone who has already tested positive. 

Yes that's exactly it.  They don't want to inflate their covid numbers so why test me?  I'm already quarantined, it wouldn't change anything except their covid count.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Rosy Season said:

I just went to put trash in the hall and saw 8-10 people coming through with the hazmat army.  New recruits to Covid Row on 6.  So 6 isn't full yet but they did just open the wall to the new hallway for more rooms.

Hang in there and thanks for all your reporting.  You know you've been there too long when terms such as "hazmat army" and "covid row" become the norm.........😢

• Like 4

2 hours ago, vandy said:

I agree- it’s the passengers who are spreading this.  RC has the right plan but can’t implement it when people are so careless.  There should be 0 unvaccinated onboard IMO. 

Vaccinated people spread the virus just as much. And many people are asymptomatic so they don't know they are spreading it.  

• Like 4

Cruise ships have to many places onboard where people are in closed in areas and to close to each other. Hate to use the word because people get crazy when you say super spreaders, but that's what  looks like is happening now.

On a cruise ship there is just no way to avoid other people.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 4

OMG! What a nightmare for you! We were on Freedom 3 weeks ago. Deck 8 midship. We accidently got off the forward elevator & walked through a quarantined area complete with the red hazmat bags in the hall as you described. It was disgusting & surreal! We couldn't use the forward elevators or forward stairs for the duration of the cruise. The staff covered the situation up by saying that there were no covid cases on the ship & staff was being quarantined there when arriving. 

I'm truly hoping that you expose your story! As a result of hearing this, I'm about 98% sure we'll be canceling our B2B on Allure next week! We've been on the fence but wouldn't like to be treated like a caged animal.....

Good luck with your return home. Hope that you stay safe🙏

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

On a cruise ship there is just no way to avoid other people.

Regardless, airport, port terminal, entering ship, muster Station, MDR, Wj, etc.

Impossible to social distancing.

Especially on a cruise ship.

Stay Safe!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rosy Season said:

So I got an upgrade to a Junior Suite which I paid extra for and now I'm quarantined and not even in the room.  They are claiming that they won't give me that extra money back.  *Maybe* a partial refund.  If they don't do what's right here I"m taking these pictures up the entire media chain. 

This is the kind of behavior that makes me angry.

That is utterly stupid of Royal!

I hope they do the right thing and refund your upgrade cost or a prorated portion of it

And even if they handle that right, I sincerely hope you’ll share your pictures with news media and the CDC.  That’s the only way the true reality of what is happening on your ship (and other ships) will get attention.

The suits at Royal will just try to spin sailings like yours as “This just shows that the procedures we put in place work.  We test passengers and crew that need it and we are equipped to move them to quarantine cabins where we take care of all their needs … medical, food, etc.  Cruising is safe.” 

I recommend taking lots of pictures so you can prove these conditions were ongoing and not just a one time occurrence before garbage was picked up.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, D4 said:

You said they sent workers to pack your things.  That’s the first time I’ve heard that.  The posters in the last couple weeks said they were given a half hour or hour to pack before they’d be taken to the quarantine room.

When reading that, I thought there’s no way I could be packed in less than one hour.  

Just one more example of how inconsistently they are handling this.

Yep.  Sent us straight to the covid ward.  And then I had to keep calling guest services because they weren't sending people to get our stuff.  It was HOURS later.  All we had was what was on our person when we went down to get tested.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, hometoosoon said:

Then why are vaccinated testing positive? I know dozens of people who have contracted it, who are vaccinated, and spread entire vaccinated family. This vaccination does nothing to stop the spread. It helps keep you from getting ICU sick. Let’s look at Australia…they have very high vaccine rates, yet last week their cases were up 119,111%. That is a comma. It’s going to spread, vaccinated or not.  

Just now, vandy said:

Unvaxxed def have worse outcomes.  No unvaccinated should be onboard for that reason alone. Vaxxed need to do more than just vaccinate with omicron, wear and mask and don’t get in each other’s face in bars and nightclubs.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, D4 said:

When you open your door to put out your red bag, you should take pictures of that disgusting hallway.  And then share them with news media, the CDC, and us.  Also tell the news media and CDC how they’re not testing people such as you and so many others to keep their counts lower.

I appreciate you sharing all this information with us.

I appreciate the info as well but how dose trying to torpedo the cruise lines help? This person chose to cruise during a world wide pandemic on a cruise ship in close quarters with hordes of humanity and happened to be among the unlucky ones to catch covid. Expecting the lines to prevent covid on board is ridiculous. It's a virus that spreads easily and there are unscrupulous passengers who will forge vaccine and testing documents, not to mention port countries with large numbers of cases. How can the lines be the ones to blame? They are trying to manage this mess as best they can. No one is forced on a cruise; while it's unfortunate that some will contract covid on cruises, everyone knows the score and those worried about covid should stay home and not cruise. Plenty of blame to go around but blame solves nothing and the facts remain the same. People have choices, choices have consequences, blaming others for personal choices and predictable outcomes and avoiding looking in the mirror isn't fair. The cruise lines aren't the enemy here. They are quite literally try to stay afloat and survive.   

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

I appreciate the info as well but how dose trying to torpedo the cruise lines help? This person chose to cruise during a world wide pandemic on a cruise ship in close quarters with hordes of humanity and happened to be among the unlucky ones to catch covid. Expecting the lines to prevent covid on board is ridiculous. It's a virus that spreads easily and there are unscrupulous passengers who will forge vaccine and testing documents, not to mention port countries with large numbers of cases. How can the lines be the ones to blame? They are trying to manage this mess as best they can. No one is forced on a cruise; while it's unfortunate that some will contract covid on cruises, everyone knows the score and those worried about covid should stay home and not cruise. Plenty of blame to go around but blame solves nothing and the facts remain the same. People have choices, choices have consequences, blaming others for personal choices and predictable outcomes and avoiding looking in the mirror isn't fair. The cruise lines aren't the enemy here. They are quite literally try to stay afloat and survive.   

Business doesn't get to stay afloat at the expense of public health.  I'm not TRYING to torpedo anyone.  If me relaying what is happening in real time is "torpedoing" them, then they are doing something wrong all on their own.  

No one is blaming them for covid but if they chose to sail during a pandemic they shoulder responsibility too.  Especially living up to what we all agreed to.  If they don't like the facts, they need to change them.  Me simply relaying the facts of what's happening is not my fault.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

And leniency goes both ways.  Throughout all of this, they are STILL trying to nickel and dime me for everything.  Like the medical bill that was supposed to be free with a positive case. I have to argue with guest services about every little thing and it's exhausting.  Like the $300 upgrade for a room that I'm not even in.  And it was not a Royal Up upgrade.  Or the internet that they're giving every one else as complimentary but I have to pay for since I made the mistake of already buying it.  There are some things they could do for goodwill and they don't want to, so why should I show that same behavior to them?

Edited by Rosy Season
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Rosy Season said:

Business doesn't get to stay afloat at the expense of public health.  I'm not TRYING to torpedo anyone.  If me relaying what is happening in real time is "torpedoing" them, then they are doing something wrong all on their own.  

No one is blaming them for covid but if they chose to sail during a pandemic they shoulder responsibility too.  Especially living up to what we all agreed to.  If they don't like the facts, they need to change them.  Me simply relaying the facts of what's happening is not my fault.

I'm sorry this is happening to you and feel empathy for your situation and can understand the frustration. I would probably feel similar if I were going through this ordeal. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

be interesting as to how many lie on the health questions. 

I'm sure more do than don't. It's even easier now that you can wear a mask to cover symptoms like a runny nose.  Nobody is going to fly or drive to port with symptoms and not lie on the questionnaire. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, D4 said:

I agree with what Rosy just posted in a response to this.

If people like her don’t get the truth out about what is occurring on cruise ships, the truth will not get out!  Royal will put a positive spin replying to news reports saying they’re prepared and fully equipped to deal with any Covid cases that arise onboard.  

That is a lie!  It is a sh@@show.  They are wildly inconsistent in how they deal with positive cases.

The cruising public deserves to know what is really happening on board cruise ships!

I love cruising and want the cruise lines to survive.  But they need to own what is happening on their ships!

Passengers are who butters the cruise lines bread. They are doing the best they can during these trying times. People are painting them as some kind of monster when it's anything but that. They are literally fighting for their existence while they burn through cash that they had to barrow. I can understand their position/challenges as well. These are trying times for everyone.    

• Like 13

5 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Go with the rapid antigen test, it is far less capable of finding lingering covid.  As to the pre boarding questioner,, 

Let's be honest. The OP can still pass on the virus on the ship. So, I ask everyone else besides you two...Are these two part of the problem with the virus getting on and spreading on the cruise and thus causing some of the issues on the cruise and also the closing of ports? Or am I not looking at this clearly?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Sigma Cruiser said:

Let's be honest. The OP can still pass on the virus on the ship. So, I ask everyone else besides you two...Are these two part of the problem with the virus getting on and spreading on the cruise and thus causing some of the issues on the cruise and also the closing of ports? Or am I not looking at this clearly?

I personally was on a b2b cruise so if I caught it, it was definitely from the ship because I was fine last week.  My daughter, could've got it anywhere but the timing of symptoms suggests it was from the ship.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Rosy Season said:

I personally was on a b2b cruise so if I caught it, it was definitely from the ship because I was fine last week.  My daughter, could've got it anywhere but the timing of symptoms suggests it was from the ship.

He’s talking about someone trying to go on a cruise 8 days post positive test & someone giving tips on how to “fake” a negative test.   You haven’t done anything wrong, just referring to start of this thread & the kind of people who are causing this mess on board. 

Royal can def do better but passengers not adhering to protocol have been the cause of cases onboard. Crew doesn’t leave ship. 

• Like 1