In quarantine on Equinox. Ask me anything. I’m bored.

Parkerson

Just now, AliceS said:

My question is, would you cruise now, if given the choice?

That’d be a hard NO.

But that’s easy for me to say as I sit in quarantine feeling poorly. I’m sure there are hundreds on board that would go again tomorrow. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Parkerson said:

<my snip> 

May as we’ll start ordering drinks from Food Services. 

Cheers to you 🙂  as someone who's currently at home recovering from the big C (vaxxed & boosted like you, it's mild for me). I'm thoroughly enjoying your reports (sorry about the situation obviously). 

Anyhow, around 5 PST I'll be raising a glass to you & yours!   Thank you for your reports!

4 hours ago, Mojo65 said:

Hi all, I am Parkesons Canadian neighbour, I will try and answer some questions also, I am trying to read through it all, I am on page 4….but I will let u know my story as my husband who is negative is with me….I’ll post this to make sure it works as cruise critic can be a pain and I will do another post….feel free to ask anything !!!

Hi fellow Canadian.  I hope you also have a mild case and that your husband can remain negative.  When did you test positive?   Were you feeling sick or was it contact tracing?   I am definitely interested to learn how they will handle your flight home.  Have they told you yet?  Wishing  you and your husband a safe trip home.

On their website, they say … “If you test positive for COVID-19 onboard during your cruise, Celebrity Cruises will cover the cost of your onboard COVID-19 medical treatment, land-based isolation, and private air transfer home for you and your traveling party, if required.”  

Edited by luv2cruise0611
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, cruise kitty said:

Cheers to you 🙂  as someone who's currently at home recovering from the big C (vaxxed & boosted like you, it's mild for me). I'm thoroughly enjoying your reports (sorry about the situation obviously). 

Anyhow, around 5 PST I'll be raising a glass to you & yours!   Thank you for your reports!

I'm raising a glass to Parkerson as we speak.😀

• Like 4

Just now, luv2cruise0611 said:

Hi fellow Canadian.  I hope you also have a mild case and that your husband can remain negative.  When did you test positive?   We’re you feeling sick or was it contact tracing?   I am definitely interested to learn how they will handle your flight home.  Have they told you yet?

You should really start from page 1...

• Like 8

I'm really enjoying the photos you have posted showing your meals, Parkerson.  

IF I am quarantined on the January 9th cruise, I will order the same delicious looking (and/or sounding) items.  

.....Or, maybe these things will be available in the MDR and I can just skip the covid???  

Time will tell.

You are certainly taking your quarantine in stride and with good humor.   Kudos to you!    It's never fun to feel sick.    And, I'm sure it's no fun to have your movements restricted.    

You have made the best of a bad situation.

Can't wait to see what you order for breakfast.    

The best to you!   Get well soon.

Triple masked and staying that way---  yours truly Jimmybean

Edited by jimmybean
missed word
  • Like 1

Thank you all for your diligent and informative updates.  So disappointing to end a vacation like this. I’m sure many of the quarantined have waited a very long time to be able to cruise again. 

Wishing you all a speedy recovery and safe travels home. 

59 minutes ago, Parkerson said:

I just told my neighbors that I feel a bit better this evening. My first day was the worse, so looking back at that, I am better. This annoying cough and runny nose though. 😡

Thank you for your thread and informative posts.  Wish I could send you a bottle of Pennsylvania Ginger Brandy to help with your recovery!

10 minutes ago, Parkerson said:

That’d be a hard NO.

But that’s easy for me to say as I sit in quarantine feeling poorly. I’m sure there are hundreds on board that would go again tomorrow. 

Thank you SO much for everything.  We just decided to cancel our Jan. 9th cruise on the Equinox.  Partly as we are planners and you cannot right now and partly as we have another cruise booked for Spring Break we can apply the FCC towards.

Many prayers for a speedy recovery and another cruise on the house with all the trimmings!

Wondering What had happened with suite guests, that would be a big move from an expensive one bedroom down to deck 6.

I canceled my sailing on the Apex tomorrow, infinite balcony, and so did many passengers (according to our roll call) because they were worried about having to leave their iconic suite to go to quarantine.

wishing you a speedy recovery and easy travel home!

1 minute ago, nesila said:

Wondering What had happened with suite guests, that would be a big move from an expensive one bedroom down to deck 6.

I canceled my sailing on the Apex tomorrow, infinite balcony, and so did many passengers (according to our roll call) because they were worried about having to leave their iconic suite to go to quarantine.

wishing you a speedy recovery and easy travel home!

If I were in the Iconic Suite I would make sure I took handcuffs with me so I could chain myself to something immovable and ride out the quarantine.😎

• Like 2
  • Haha 15

Just now, Ipeeinthepools said:

Even with all of the learnings from @Parkerson. I'm still planning on being on the January 30 sailing of the Equinox.

Right now, I'm profoundly glad that I don't have to make that kind of decision.  My next cruise isn't until April.

2 hours ago, sunseeker551 said:

Thank you to all those reporting their experience being quarantined. I'm a little disappointed to hear how you're being treated.  Aren't these ships sailing at reduced capacity?  I would have thought they'd have the manpower to do more for you (and without long waits) but I'm guessing maybe there are a lot more people in quarantine than we realize.  

We're due to sail in 2 weeks and after reading this thread and those on Facebook's Celebrity Captains Club, I think we're going to have to cancel.

I hope you all have a speedy recovery and a safe trip home.

reduced capacity AND importantly reduced staffing.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, canderson said:

You should really start from page 1...

I have read it all from page 1.  This is an excellent and informative thread.  And I very much appreciate & thank Parkerson for starting this thread and answering everyone’s questions as to what happens on the ship when quarantined. My question was directed to Parkerson’s Canadian neighbour, Mojo65 … who early on in this thread, did not know how her trip home would be handled. She has since shared her experience.  Thank you Mojo65. And thank you Parkerson.  Wishing everyone a safe trip home and a speedy recovery.

Edited by luv2cruise0611
  • Like 5

36 minutes ago, bnurick said:

Thank you SO much for everything.  We just decided to cancel our Jan. 9th cruise on the Equinox.  Partly as we are planners and you cannot right now and partly as we have another cruise booked for Spring Break we can apply the FCC towards.

Many prayers for a speedy recovery and another cruise on the house with all the trimmings!

Just make sure you ask them to apply it immediately, as it can take some time!