Is Rotterdam internet good enough to do a Binax test?

MikeandBobNC

We are booked on B2B cruises - Rotterdam the first week - Celebrity the second.  We will board the Celebrity ship the same day we disembark Rotterdam, which means we will need to do a Binax test while on board Rotterdam.  Has anyone had any experience with trying to do a Binax test on Rotterdam?  Is the internet connection strong/good enough to pass the audio/video tests and stay connected to complete the tests?  Thanks ahead of time for any information you can share.

• Like 1

I live in a rural area with satellite internet. My connection was not sufficient for the video portion of the Binax test so I would not count on the ship's internet for the test. However, in port you maybe able to connect to a different source.

Have you tried asking Celebrity if they will provide a test under these circumstances?

Good luck!

If it's anything like the the wifi we just had on Koningsdam, there is no way it will work to do the test.  I had the basic surf package and my fiancé bought the streaming package and they were both slow (mine was much slower).  It had trouble with even loading websites at times, so I doubt it will be able to stream video to do the test.  I would recommend doing it in port if you can or as soon as you get off the Rotterdam.

If you have a smartphone, you should have a strong signal when the Rotterdam returns to Ft Lauderdale.  You should be able to do the Binax test using your smartphone while still on the Rotterdam.

Bob

39 minutes ago, bobjoek said:

If you have a smartphone, you should have a strong signal when the Rotterdam returns to Ft Lauderdale.  You should be able to do the Binax test using your smartphone while still on the Rotterdam.

Bob

I agree. Our signal today in Fort Lauderdale was strong. All our emails came flooding in. Ding.. Ding.. Ding.. A zillion times when we woke up! 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, bobjoek said:

Bob

That's a good idea, although I would have a Plan B just in case.

I would inquire on the ship about being added to the list of folks needing a test before departing from the ship.  We did that last month, we explained we had to fly to Canada when departing, and they graciously added us to the list of those needing testing.

37 minutes ago, MikeandBobNC said:

Thanks for all the info.  I am definitely working on a plan B.  

When I got off Rotterdam yesterday there was a testing station set up for those that needed it. I believe it was outside the terminal building and there was a bit of a line.