LIVE for the Horizon… just kidding the Liberty 1-8-21

MeganGC1983

1 hour ago, MeganGC1983 said:

The grinch is not a clown. He just doesn’t like people… AB is the whole circus just needs some elephants. 

The Saints tried to bring him in two years ago just before the playoffs. He was instructed not to bring an entourage. Of course he showed up with a camera crew filming him walking into the building. Then he started live streaming from the locker room. That was the end of it. 

8 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

The Saints tried to bring him in two years ago just before the playoffs. He was instructed not to bring an entourage. Of course he showed up with a camera crew filming him walking into the building. Then he started live streaming from the locker room. That was the end of it. 

I’m not sure why he was officially released yesterday. Probably red tape… maybe they are trying to get him help. He was at the Nets game. Probably used his fake vaccine card to get in. If he tries to get on the Liberty Saturday, I’ll be that Karen to report him. 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, dcsham said:

You seem like a great writer with a terrific personality!  My wife and I are sailing this Saturday January 8 on the Panorama out of Long Beach, we have the home E-med tests ready for Thursday morning, then we will hit the road for the drive down to Southern California. Staying at the Long Beach Hilton pre-cruise with their park and go package. We usually stay at the Hotel Maya but they have been booked full for months. Have a great time!

Thank you! Hope you have a fabulous cruise and enjoy!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I’m not sure why he was officially released yesterday. Probably red tape… maybe they are trying to get him help. He was at the Nets game. Probably used his fake vaccine card to get in. If he tries to get on the Liberty Saturday, I’ll be that Karen to report him. 😆

I suspect they haven't released him because they don't want him to turn around and sign with a team that they may face in the playoffs.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1

Hey!  I'll be on this cruise also!  (Lord willing and the COVID doesn't strike.)  I'm flying in on Friday and staying at the Holiday Inn for the night.  Then come Saturday I'll be on board the Liberty, ready for 8 days of masked fun.  🙂

Looking forward to seeing you there!  Kevin

• Like 1

While I am unable to cruise right now, I am following several live reviews from pre holidays to post holidays and it seems like the spike in COVID cases on board the ships were all during the holidays when capacity was way up.

This week on all the reviews I am following capacity has gone from 1800 down to 800-900 per ship!

That's almost like having the ship to yourself!

I will be interested to learn what capacity is on this Liberty sailing.  No matter what I know Megan will provide us with a fantastic review!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Christmas left yesterday. Today I’m packed-ish and getting documents ready. Still hiding out and doing work things solo. The laminator is out and suitcase scale, so things are getting pretty serious.
 With Spirit boost, I’m allowed up to 50 lbs. 😬 I’m pushing it. You think my kids will accept pictures of souvenirs this time?! Probably not… they’ve been talking all week about which stuffed animals we will be able to locate on this cruise.

If you are new to my reviews, you need to know that 2 cruises ago, on the Magic BC/BR (Before Covid/Before Reviews), we ended up not debarking in Grand Turk, and that’s where we were going to get the kids something. Instead they ended up with mermaids and a grinch from the fun shops. Last cruise (Mardi Gras),they all requested stuff animals. Ya know from the Caribbean, world wide known for stuffed animals, right?! Well in Amber Cove, I found an ocean themed stuffed animal line that they all loved… so they are hoping to grow their count. 😝

9B77162D-72E0-4E0C-A8D2-061FCECA632E.jpeg

8D2310B2-8C9A-415F-9892-973144225E41.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, beansatw said:

Hey!  I'll be on this cruise also!  (Lord willing and the COVID doesn't strike.)  I'm flying in on Friday and staying at the Holiday Inn for the night.  Then come Saturday I'll be on board the Liberty, ready for 8 days of masked fun.  🙂

Looking forward to seeing you there!  Kevin

Wahoo! Let’s go!!

20 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

@MeganGC1983....I would think that your packing for this cruise would be faster and smoother than last since you haven't been home that long....except for the decrease in luggage....my vote is leave the heels at home!

Heels are out. I’m on that same page. I’m taking more OTC medicine and also binax Covid tests in case we don’t feel well. I’m taking an extra curling rod because last time, it wouldn’t work. Then I heard if you turn it down, it will work. I was too intoxicated last time to think of that. 😆obviously rocket science after the pub crawl. And I scared poor Stewart trying to plug it in, in the hallway. 😆 Can the Liberty really touch the Mardi Gras with the cocktails, Big Chicken and shenanigans?! Maybe not, but I’m gonna try. 

• Like 5

Current Google search… I’ve been experiencing some snorkeling anxiety since the rough waters at Isla Mujeres (see Cancun Planet Hollywood review)… and then when we took the kids to Pensacola on Fall Break, I had a shark encounter in knee high water. I’m obviously working through it one Google search at a time.  

ECFC9F61-7A2B-4ADF-AE3A-A637BD23E639.png

50241487-D47C-46DC-A14D-13A1B9BC0200.jpeg

D53DA194-BBD5-40EF-9357-83B7C458BDCE.jpeg

Edited by MeganGC1983
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Current Google search… I’ve been experiencing some snorkeling anxiety since the rough waters at Isla Mujeres (see Cancun Planet Hollywood review)… and then when we took the kids to Pensacola on Fall Break, I had a shark encounter in knee high water. I’m obviously working through it one Google search at a time.  

ECFC9F61-7A2B-4ADF-AE3A-A637BD23E639.png

50241487-D47C-46DC-A14D-13A1B9BC0200.jpeg

D53DA194-BBD5-40EF-9357-83B7C458BDCE.jpeg

I hear "duh-duh, duh-duh, duh,duh,duh duh" from Jaws!  Sharks scare me so much, I could walk on water if I saw one😱

• Haha 3

@MeganGC1983...if you are planning on snorkeling on your upcoming cruise the best port for this activity will be Grand Turk.  You can snorkel right from shore over by where the whale statue is - the far right side of the beach when you exit the ship.  NOTE you will want water shoes it is rocky.

Grand Turk is known for the "wall" where you go out and the drop off is down to 800 feet and deeper.

Plenty of good snorkeling before you hit the wall.

Don't know about Amber Cove we only got off the ship and walked around right in port.

San Juan we did the forts and downtown Old San Juan.  LOVE the cruise into the port of San Juan and leaving so pretty!

Will be interesting what the water temps are this time of year as well.

1 hour ago, Hogladyrider said:

@MeganGC1983...if you are planning on snorkeling on your upcoming cruise the best port for this activity will be Grand Turk.  You can snorkel right from shore over by where the whale statue is - the far right side of the beach when you exit the ship.  NOTE you will want water shoes it is rocky.

Grand Turk is known for the "wall" where you go out and the drop off is down to 800 feet and deeper.

Plenty of good snorkeling before you hit the wall.

Don't know about Amber Cove we only got off the ship and walked around right in port.

San Juan we did the forts and downtown Old San Juan.  LOVE the cruise into the port of San Juan and leaving so pretty!

Will be interesting what the water temps are this time of year as well.

We aren’t going there. 😆 This is an ABC cruise. 😩

The roll call is a buzz with upgrades and Covid positives so canceling and nerves about testing and excursion talk. Meanwhile, my health has been assessed. 

102E4233-88A4-45E4-9F4C-8C3BA4B30032.jpeg

My health and DW's assessed too...again...

Now how come they never ask me for a drink assessment?

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Roscoe13 said:

My health and DW's assessed too...again...

Now how come they never ask me for a drink assessment?

We all need a drink assessment… or maybe we don’t. 🤔 I’ve been sober all week. Keeping the immune system strong. I am starting to get pretty thirsty. Water doesn’t hit as hard as margaritas.  
26 hours until Covid testing. 49 hours until we hit the road. 

• Like 2

I have 3 Amazon packages that are suppose to come tomorrow before the mail hold starts. And I’m starting to get nervous about them. Only one is of significant importance… oldest child needs an apron for a social studies project due next week. Found out about it last night. C’mon apron. Can she even have a colonial job without it?! 🤦🏼‍♀️

5F8460D4-F12F-4008-A9B5-183F5286F3F7.jpeg

• Haha 1

I have 3 Amazon packages that are suppose to come tomorrow before the mail hold starts. And I’m starting to get nervous about them. Only one is of significant importance… oldest child needs an apron for a social studies project due next week. Found out about it last night. C’mon apron. Can she even have a colonial job without it?! 🤦🏼‍♀️

If your mail hold is anything like mine you still have about a 50/50 chance of still having it delivered even after tomorrow.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

If your mail hold is anything like mine you still have about a 50/50 chance of still having it delivered even after tomorrow.

Noooo! My mail lady is on it. Rural routes are much more personable than you city slickers. 😉 Even if the USPS slips up, our lady takes care of it. I even bring her back souvenirs. 

• Like 8