Binax home kits - 2 in box

czexrus

14 minutes ago, czexrus said:

Thank you for anyone’s help. I tried calling them but the recording says to call back and I’m getting worried since we are leaving in 2 days. 

Hopefully you’ve purchased the correct “telemedicine” Binax Now tests which include online proctoring of your test by the certified lab with results emailed to you. (You can buy these at EMed.com which does the telemedicine proctoring).

It’s my understanding that the Binax tests sold in pharmacies may not be the “telemedicine” ones.

In any case, the two packs can be used one per each of two people though you’ll have to register separately for your proctored test. Note however, that many people buy the six pack so that they’ll have a practice, actual and backup test (in case of problems with the actual proctored exams.

Here’s a good video about doing the Binax test:

Thanks so much!!! I did get the correct ones with the telemedicine requirement. Just wasn’t sure on if it was “1 box per passenger” or “1 box for 2 passengers” since 2 tests in each box. 
great idea on having extras!!! Thanks so

much 

6 minutes ago, czexrus said:

Thanks so much!!! I did get the correct ones with the telemedicine requirement. Just wasn’t sure on if it was “1 box per passenger” or “1 box for 2 passengers” since 2 tests in each box. 
great idea on having extras!!! Thanks so

much 

Watch the video - very helpful!

26 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

Is there an expiration date on these test kits?

In other words, we cruise late March (as of now), can I order now (to ensure they ship on time) and still use in late March.

Good question.

YES but some existing ones have extensions of “use by” dates and there was additional extension requests in process. Best to contact EMed regarding current status.

23 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Good question.

YES but some existing ones have extensions of “use by” dates and there was additional extension requests in process. Best to contact EMed regarding current status.

Researched online and "my interpretation" of what I read was 12 months, so I ordered for my March cruise based on the 12 mos and based on the anticipated delay on shipment.

After reading your response,,,, I may have moved too quick. 😲

Too late, order has been made. I guess we'll find out. I'm just glad I found your post and comments. Thanks.

19 minutes ago, czexrus said:

Yes there are expirations… I ordered and received them within 3 days; I’m in ny. 

What was your experience with the expiration? Was it 3 days after you received the kit? 30 days? 90 days? 180 days?  That kind of general information would be helpful for those in the future when planning to order.

4 hours ago, klfrodo said:

Is there an expiration date on these test kits?

In other words, we cruise late March (as of now), can I order now (to ensure they ship on time) and still use in late March.

The kits that have been shipping now (in the past couple of weeks) have an expiration date in November 2022, so presumably the ones you just ordered (per your later comment) will be fine.   The expiration date on these kits is the full 12 month expiration date.   

The older kits originally had a shelf life of 9 months, but stability data convinced the FDA that the kits were good for 12 months, so the kits with 9-month expiration dates were given a 3-month extension.

22 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

The kits that have been shipping now (in the past couple of weeks) have an expiration date in November 2022, so presumably the ones you just ordered (per your later comment) will be fine.   The expiration date on these kits is the full 12 month expiration date.   

The older kits originally had a shelf life of 9 months, but stability data convinced the FDA that the kits were good for 12 months, so the kits with 9-month expiration dates were given a 3-month extension.

Thank you

Last Question

When eMed sends the email confirming the Negative test results, will showing the e-mail on my smartphone to the port people be good enough? or, do I have to print out a hard copy of the e-mail to present to the port agent?

26 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

Last Question

When eMed sends the email confirming the Negative test results, will showing the e-mail on my smartphone to the port people be good enough? or, do I have to print out a hard copy of the e-mail to present to the port agent?

you can print out or just show them on your phone..