Booking another cruise...

idwt13

Hi guys, i'm new to the site, but I have been on a Carnival Cruise in the past which me and my wife loved. (June 05- Imagination; it was our honeymoon) I am booking a new cruise on the Triumph for beginning of December '06. It will be going to San Juan, St. Thomas and St. Maarten. I had a couple questions about it.

I am going to be booking a guaranteed balcony...you are guaranteed to get a balcony and nothing less, right? How are the balconies on the Triumph? Do they get blocked by any lifeboats?

Also, how is the daylight in these places, because I live in PA and I know it gets dark early in December.

And what are the best excursions for each place?

Thanks for the help.

These ports are in the same time zone as us but they don't observe DST. It really doesn't matter all that much because fo St Maarten & St Thomas you get back on the ship before it gets dark. San Juan is the only evening port and they have a great nite life happening within walking distance of the pier. I can't tell you where to go we were on the Triumph with kids and didn't hit the clubs. In St Thomas we did SNUBA, if you have ever thought you might like to try SCUBA, do this it was awesome!!! St Maarten is the best eastern port for shopping great prices on electronics and liquor.

Hi guys, i'm new to the site, but I have been on a Carnival Cruise in the past which me and my wife loved. (June 05- Imagination; it was our honeymoon) I am booking a new cruise on the Triumph for beginning of December '06. It will be going to San Juan, St. Thomas and St. Maarten. I had a couple questions about it.

I am going to be booking a guaranteed balcony...you are guaranteed to get a balcony and nothing less, right? How are the balconies on the Triumph? Do they get blocked by any lifeboats?

Also, how is the daylight in these places, because I live in PA and I know it gets dark early in December.

And what are the best excursions for each place?

Thanks for the help.

The further south you go the less drastic the shift in the amount of daylight between summer and winter. So while in PA you may have 9 hours of daylight in December in the Caribbean you'll have 11 hours or so.

Archived