Check in question

Hi all — here’s another check in question I hope someone can help me with.  We are booked to set sail Jan. 16. I’ve hesitated to check in (elderly parent concern mostly, but a smidge concerned about Covid protocols…). Supposedly I can cancel up to 48 hrs. prior to sail date,  but can I cancel once I’ve checked in?  Would love to get some things done in advance, but really torn as to whether I should check in at this points.  Thanks in advance!

On 1/4/2022 at 4:52 PM, travellgirl said:

I just did the check in for our January 31 cruise.
About how long does it typically take to validate the vaccination records?

Thanks so much. 

It doesn't matter. 

Even if you don't check-in or upload your vax card, they'll still let you on the ship as long as you have it when you board.  (And even if you do upload it and it's "validated" you still have to have the physical card with you at boarding time.)

3 hours ago, dixiejen said:

Hi all — here’s another check in question I hope someone can help me with.  We are booked to set sail Jan. 16. I’ve hesitated to check in (elderly parent concern mostly, but a smidge concerned about Covid protocols…). Supposedly I can cancel up to 48 hrs. prior to sail date,  but can I cancel once I’ve checked in?  Would love to get some things done in advance, but really torn as to whether I should check in at this points.  Thanks in advance!

Go ahead and check in.  

It's not like checking into a hotel, where you're committing to taking the room.  It's really just like a "pre-registration"... like if you're having elective surgery and you fill out all the paperwork for the hospital the week before the procedure.  

It's just clerical stuff... contact info, passport info, vaccination info, credit card info, etc.  Nothing is actually "activated" until you check in at the terminal.

• Like 2