**** CARNIVAL COVID TESTING THREAD #2 **** JANUARY 6, 2002

CeleBrat

2 hours ago, acsfl said:

Can anyone confirm that only one booster is required to be able to do the test 3 days before? Both me(55) and my daughter(16) each have the 2 regular vaccines and one booster. 

I went ahead and rescheduled the test for 2 days. I'm not taking any chances. We leave Saturday and so now we'll test Thursday. We tested 3 days ahead in March, but the CDD hadn't updated their recommendations yet.

4 hours ago, acsfl said:

Can anyone confirm that only one booster is required to be able to do the test 3 days before? Both me(55) and my daughter(16) each have the 2 regular vaccines and one booster. 

We're eligible for our second booster (have been since it was "approved"), but have not taken it yet. Most recently we've sailed twice in March, once in April, and again last Friday. Each time we've taken our test three days out - no issues. This is one of those "little things" that Carnival has apparently decided not to clarify.

Tom

• Like 1

CARNIV Now tests are still done onboard even when you pretest 72 hours before boarding, making passenger pay $150.  My healthcare insurance pays for testing off the ship I wonder if its covered onboard but doubt it because that is another way they cash in on passengers, vaxed or not. Anybody know from recent experience? And has anyone ever been able to present a religious waiver or exemption? My present doctor won't even do a medical exemption for me. Guess its time to find a new doctor.

Vaccine-Exemption-Religious-Practical-Supporting-Documents-PDF.pdf

Edited by TravelDiva1955
punctuation correction and added a research document

I just received the can't cruise letter.  

"Dear Carnival Guest:

Thank you for your patience while we processed all bookings that required a vaccination exemption for your sailing.  
We have received a vaccine attestation and/or exemption request that indicates that either you, or a member of your traveling party, will not be fully vaccinated at least 14 days prior to sailing. As you know, exemptions are very limited and capacity-controlled based on the total number of vaccinated guests projected to be on your sailing.   Unfortunately, we have reached our limit and are not able to clear your booking to sail.  We sincerely apologize for this disappointing news. The reservation for all guests booked in your stateroom will be cancelled and a full refund will be processed to your original form of payment. 
We remain optimistic that requirements for cruising from the U.S. will continue to evolve and our approach to future sailings will become more flexible.  We hope you will consider rescheduling your cruise as we have ship itineraries open through 2024. To reschedule, please contact 1-800-CARNIVAL, your Personal Vacation Planner or your Travel Advisor. 
All of us at Carnival appreciate your understanding and look forward to welcoming you aboard in the future."

No sweat off my back I already cruised about 5 times prior to the pandemic and do not believe in vaccines. Happy safe sailing to all.  

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, bolk said:

If I sail on Saturday. When is the earliest I can be tested

It depends on a number of factors. 
Where are you sailing (Canada cruises are different)?

Are you fully vaxxed with one booster?

8 minutes ago, TravelDiva1955 said:

No sweat off my back I already cruised about 5 times prior to the pandemic and do not believe in vaccines. Happy safe sailing to all.  

Just curious, but what is it about vaccines that you don't believe in?

Tom

• Like 2

On 5/23/2022 at 2:01 PM, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

We're eligible for our second booster (have been since it was "approved"), but have not taken it yet. Most recently we've sailed twice in March, once in April, and again last Friday. Each time we've taken our test three days out - no issues. This is one of those "little things" that Carnival has apparently decided not to clarify.

Tom

To add to Tom's comment - it looks to me like VeriFLY is directing everyone to the longer window as long as they have the 2 shots and ignoring booster status for the 16 year old guest coming with us, who is eligible but has not had a 3rd shot. 

In fact, it's allowing more than 3 days out, telling us we can test after 5pm on the Thursday (today in our case) before our Monday cruise. That's the same window it is giving my family, all of whom has had all the boosters (3rd shot for our teen, 4th shot for DH and for me). 

This makes me a teensy bit nervous as it does not seem to necessarily align strictly with the Carnival website's posted rules, but frankly I do not see the port people throwing a fit, or even noticing, if your VeriFLY account says you are fine.  VeriFLY seems to be our new all powerful god of Covid records. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Just curious, but what is it about vaccines that you don't believe in?

Tom

Maybe does not believe they exist?  Smallpox was not eradicated in this way but rather by nature's randomness? Rabies has not been defeated in the animal and the bitten human population through a combination of proactive and reactive administration of a carefully chosen and managed substance but again, via the spontaneous and poorly understood miracles of the universe?

They are all just placebos? Saline solution with fraudulent labels? A money grab by the pharma and insurance companies offering no value to the end user?

Part of a children's make-believe story? Like fairies? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

In fact, it's allowing more than 3 days out, telling us we can test after 5pm on the Thursday (today in our case) before our Monday cruise. That's the same window it is giving my family, all of whom has had all the boosters (3rd shot for our teen, 4th shot for DH and for me). 

I noticed that extra day (evening prior to 3rd day) offer as well. I decided not to bite, we weren't in a jam logistically anyway. We just got off the Liberty on Monday, and tested again on Tuesday for our Friday return weekend trip!  I must say, after getting off a ship, I was a tad anxious awaiting the results  🙂 

Tom

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I noticed that extra day (evening prior to 3rd day) offer as well. I decided not to bite, we weren't in a jam logistically anyway. We just got off the Liberty on Monday, and tested again on Tuesday for our Friday return weekend trip!  I must say, after getting off a ship, I was a tad anxious awaiting the results  🙂 

Tom

This current surge is hitting a lot of my vaccinated friends and colleagues who previously evaded. No joke for sure.

• Like 1

We had appointments at Walgreens yesterday and whoops, Walgreens system is down.  I was told this has happened before and will probably be running again in a couple hours.  I scrambled and fortunately CVS in North Carolina was operational (wasn't a few days ago) and I snagged appointments for the end of today.  Good thing because I received a call saying Walgreens wasn't going to do tests for a while. Yikes!

• Like 1

Hello all.   Not sure why I can’t get my head around this.

I am sailing on a Monday.   Fully vaxxed and 1 booster.   I believe that is 3 days ahead.    So can I get tested on the Friday or can we do Thursday?    We will be in SC prior to the cruise so will test there but if we happen to test positive we will probably stay in the area instead of driving down to PC but would like to test as early as possible. 

thank you 

6 minutes ago, MikeNKim said:

Hello all.   Not sure why I can’t get my head around this.

I am sailing on a Monday.   Fully vaxxed and 1 booster.   I believe that is 3 days ahead.    So can I get tested on the Friday or can we do Thursday?    We will be in SC prior to the cruise so will test there but if we happen to test positive we will probably stay in the area instead of driving down to PC but would like to test as early as possible. 

thank you 

Friday

TESTING REQUIREMENTS

Except where destination requirements differ*, guests who are up to date with their vaccines may take their test within three days prior to sailing. Up to date means a person has received all recommended COVID-19 vaccinations, including any booster dose, when eligible. Example: If the sailing is on Saturday, guests who are up to date with their vaccines may take their test as early as Wednesday and as late as Saturday, if guaranteed to receive results in time for check-in.

Have Fun. Be Safe. | COVID-19 Guest Protocols | Carnival Cruise Line

Edited by Cruise, J.D.
  • Like 1

Thank you.   I did see this but for some reason,  I’m not confident on what is the earliest I can test?    Is there anyone here who has cruised on a Monday what day did you test?    Thank you.    Sorry I’m just not getting this.  

39 minutes ago, MikeNKim said:

Thank you.   I did see this but for some reason,  I’m not confident on what is the earliest I can test?    Is there anyone here who has cruised on a Monday what day did you test?    Thank you.    Sorry I’m just not getting this.  

I found it confusing too.  I counted the day we were leaving in the count.  So leaving on Saturday I counted it Sat, Fri, Thur.  Thursday being the first day I could test.  But I was wrong.  It was Wednesday.  For a Saturday cruise it was Friday, Thur, Wed.  
So for Monday it would be Sunday, Saturday, Friday.  Friday being the first day you can test, 3 days out. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 1kaper said:

I found it confusing too.  I counted the day we were leaving in the count.  So leaving on Saturday I counted it Sat, Fri, Thur.  Thursday being the first day I could test.  But I was wrong.  It was Wednesday.  For a Saturday cruise it was Friday, Thur, Wed.  
So for Monday it would be Sunday, Saturday, Friday.  Friday being the first day you can test, 3 days out. 

Thank you so much.   I know I must sound like a idiot I just wasn’t getting it.    Friday it is.  🤗

3 hours ago, MikeNKim said:

Thank you so much.   I know I must sound like a idiot I just wasn’t getting it.    Friday it is.  🤗

Don't feel like an idiot.  I wasn't sure either and the explanation cleared it up for me.  Thanks for asking the question.  

I’m having trouble too. We are traveling with a friend of my teen who is fully vaccinated but not boosted. VeriFLY app told them the could test 72 hours out and we are in that window but saying they can’t upload results yet.

1 hour ago, KmomChicago said:

I’m having trouble too. We are traveling with a friend of my teen who is fully vaccinated but not boosted. VeriFLY app told them the could test 72 hours out and we are in that window but saying they can’t upload results yet.

If the person is eligible for the first booster but hasn't gotten it, then they are not up-to-date with their vaccines and 72 hours is not right.  From Have Fun. Be Safe. | COVID-19 Guest Protocols | Carnival Cruise Line:

If a guest is fully vaccinated but not up to date with their vaccines (i.e., is eligible for a booster but has not received one), they must take their pre-cruise COVID-19 test within two days prior to sailing.