**** CARNIVAL COVID TESTING THREAD #2 **** JANUARY 6, 2002

CeleBrat

58 minutes ago, theanoy said:

I'm over 50 years old and have only received one booster shot.  Do I test 72 hours before cruise or 48 hours.  Thanks.

For most places, 72. John Heald has confirmed numerous times, even if eligible for second booster, they only require 1. 

This may differ for Europe and Canada. 

1 hour ago, 1kaper said:

For most places, 72. John Heald has confirmed numerous times, even if eligible for second booster, they only require 1. 

This may differ for Europe and Canada. 

Thank you

• Like 1

On 7/6/2022 at 8:37 PM, thisfamilycruises said:

Would you mind letting us know once you get on the ship if you had any issues using this test?  Thank you!

I was going to have my friend use OnPoint. 

Better have a Plan B.  

• Thanks 2

On 7/17/2022 at 10:07 PM, audcc77 said:

I was going to have my friend use OnPoint. 

Better have a Plan B.  

I cant see the video. Can you fill me in on what happened? This is what we planned to use. 

9 minutes ago, tap_out said:

Yeah I'm at work and youtube is blocked on my computer lol can I get a cliff notes version? 

Sure!  These two vloggers who travel all the time decided to use OnPoint.  Scheduled an appointment for the morning they were leaving to catch a flight to their cruise.  Appointment was for 9:30am.  They check their email that morning at around 8:45 and find they received an email notification at 7:30am that morning from OnPoint stating that their appointment was modified to 8:30am.  An email was sent, no answer.  OnPoint had their cell numbers, no text or call regarding modification.  They waited till 9:30, hoping that OpPoint would honor their initial appointment.  Didn't happen.  Fortunately, they had scheduled a CVS appointment which covered them.  Waited an hour on hold till a human answered and they were told no refund even though services weren't rendered. 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, tap_out said:

I cant see the video. Can you fill me in on what happened? This is what we planned to use. 

If you look up “JJ Cruise” on YouTube you can see it.  

Basically, they had tests scheduled for the early morning before getting on a plane.

At 4:00 a.m. OnPoint changed their appointment to 90 minutes  earlier so they obviously missed the appointment. 

Luckily they had back up at CVS but not sure if they paid for them.  

Tried to get refund from OnPoint and despite reaching out on social media and phone calls, and waiting on hold for hours,  OnPoint ignored them.  

I have EMed tests but I’m saving them for later.  I’m going to see if my local Walmart drive thru testing is still free as that’s what I have used previously. 

• Like 1

I read on a Carnival Facebook group that South Carolina residents are not allowed to use OnPoint for proctoring. Does anyone know if this is correct? I can’t seem to find anything online that states this. 

• Like 1

Heard from Azamara today that they no longer require pre cruise testing unless the country you are leaving from requires it.  We leave from Italy so will no longer have to find a testing site before boarding. A bit of a relief really.

• Like 3