Allure of the seas January 8 - live ish

Hi all, 

Boarding Allure today and figured I would do a live report for anyone who wants to follow along in these crazy times! Thankfully allure wasn't one that got canceled, as we were already in Florida when they announced the others. 

When we landed yesterday, it was nearly a 100 degree temperature difference from - 20 with the wind chill. 

My wife and I are late 20s and recently turned diamond. I'm more nervous of this cruise than she is, but, I hate most people to begin with, so I've been training for covid and social distancing my whole life. Lol. 

From passengers on the ship this week, it sounds like the passenger count will be down to about 1,500 and on an oasis class ship, that's going to be crazy if true. 

Stayed at the hard rock last night and it's a gorgeous property

20220107_151133.thumb.jpg.99dea620b93687883e3982fb9d767301.jpg20220107_151344.thumb.jpg.568011b0f6da9613de243644bb68e2d5.jpg20220107_151348.thumb.jpg.e3683a1da9534ad24f693a520b2361d6.jpg20220107_151353.thumb.jpg.092bf45f776b6b47f77ef97e1f9dd733.jpg20220107_171205.thumb.jpg.cd91475608d9835427855dc8f355f2e6.jpg20220107_185547.thumb.jpg.68b4dd18dfde3091050cf1c76fa127b4.jpg20220107_193116.thumb.jpg.3a8e772ce365848f90fc32de34980d1b.jpg

Boarding was originally 10:30 but pushed back to 12:30 so few more hours. 

Operation covid stay away from me commences soon! Ask any questions you want! No promises how live I'll keep this! 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Thank you and keep it coming! (We are booked Feb. 5 on Allure and I have been on the phone three times this week to get a name on a reservation only to be told the cruise is Code Red - call back in two days, then call back in five days.) We cruised Allure in December and it seemed a bit short on the staff and entertainment was a bit short; otherwise it was good.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fabric_fabric said:

Thank you and keep it coming! (We are booked Feb. 5 on Allure and I have been on the phone three times this week to get a name on a reservation only to be told the cruise is Code Red - call back in two days, then call back in five days.) We cruised Allure in December and it seemed a bit short on the staff and entertainment was a bit short; otherwise it was good.

Yeah we don't really know what to expect. What I do know to expect is the pool deck and plenty of drinks with the drink package. We'll also be in specialty dining each night as well with the dining package.. No mdr or Windjammer for us

• Like 5

We will be on the Allure today too so looking forward to another a perspective. If that is the passenger count, it will be crazy!! I was figuring maybe around 3,000 which would be 50%. How are you figuring 1,500?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, colesc15 said:

Yeah we don't really know what to expect. What I do know to expect is the pool deck and plenty of drinks with the drink package. We'll also be in specialty dining each night as well with the dining package.. No mdr or Windjammer for us

That’s the best attitude! It was still a fairly good cruise - not memorable but good. We will stay away from Windjammer because of the number of people. The food was good. The pools are great, and when all else fails grab a cold one and put your feet up. Enjoy!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mein18 said:

We will be on the Allure today too so looking forward to another a perspective. If that is the passenger count, it will be crazy!! I was figuring maybe around 3,000 which would be 50%. How are you figuring 1,500?

Passengers on the Allure that got off today posted that's what staff was indicating for our sailing. We won't know the true number until onboard but I would suspect 2,000 or less. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, colesc15 said:

Passengers on the Allure that got off today posted that's what staff was indicating for our sailing. We won't know the true number until onboard but I would suspect 2,000 or less. 

I saw that after replying here. Will be a strange experience but one I am sure we can get used to quickly 

13 minutes ago, mein18 said:

I saw that after replying here. Will be a strange experience but one I am sure we can get used to quickly 

In October in Odyssey there was about 1,800 and it was wonderful having the piano bar to yourself, going to the pool mid afternoon and have your pick of chairs, etc. Oasis class never feels crowded at full capacity so I'm interested to see how this feels 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, colesc15 said:

Boarding Allure today and figured I would do a live report for anyone who wants to follow along in these crazy times! Thankfully allure wasn't one that got canceled, as we were already in Florida when they announced the others. 

Thank you so much for doing this.  I will be following with great interest. We are booked on the January 22 Allure sailing and I am on the fence of whether to go or cancel.  I sway one direction, then the other and haven't made a decision. It's complicated by the fact that we are sailing with friends, with different TAs, and who knows if we make decision to not sail because of protocols if we can both be successful at getting refunds. Friends have not sailed since Covid, but we were on Summit in early December and it was wonderful and we felt very safe.  I hope you have a wonderful time!

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, colesc15 said:

In October in Odyssey there was about 1,800 and it was wonderful having the piano bar to yourself, going to the pool mid afternoon and have your pick of chairs, etc. Oasis class never feels crowded at full capacity so I'm interested to see how this feels 

If you are at Sabor or the sabor bar near the aqua theatre can you ask if they still have Negra Modelo?  Not the regular, but the dark (Negra).   They also used to have it at boleros.  Just wondering if they still carry it on the ship as we have a cruise on allure in a few months and it is one of my favorite beers.  Fingers crossed!   Tnx.  

My son and his two friends are already onboard (on by noon) for today's sailing and he said there were no lines at all. Their cruise cards are in the room which will not be ready until 2:00 pm, so limited access to any food and drink.

• Like 1

Our boarding was supposed to be 10:30 so 12:30 and we showed up a little before noon and walked right on and at giovanni's now. Initial response to how many onboard is 2k but will likely be less. They gave us this letter when boarding 20220108_123517.thumb.jpg.5919d3f558ce9a4709a38711f4942196.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, fabric_fabric said:

Hi fabric_fabric, what does Code Red mean? I want to add someone to our reservation for a Feb 6 cruise on Oasis but have not called yet. Does it mean you can't add people to a cabin, or they are not taking new bookings at all, or does it mean something else?

2 hours ago, acstall said:

Thank you so much for doing this.  I will be following with great interest. We are booked on the January 22 Allure sailing and I am on the fence of whether to go or cancel.  I sway one direction, then the other and haven't made a decision. It's complicated by the fact that we are sailing with friends, with different TAs, and who knows if we make decision to not sail because of protocols if we can both be successful at getting refunds. Friends have not sailed since Covid, but we were on Summit in early December and it was wonderful and we felt very safe.  I hope you have a wonderful time!

I'm on the same sail and looking forward, especially with the outside temp of 30.  Sailed Mariner in early December and had a blast even with all of the H&S protocols.  There was aura of the Holiday season on board.  Even with the lower paxs count, the pool area was pretty crowded. Tons of teenagers and kids.

My biggest problem was with the Orlando airport--it was a total zoo with people and kids going every which way and difficulty finding my reserved van/transport to take me to the port.  Talking about lack of social distancing especially going through security on the way back.

2 hours ago, acstall said:

37 minutes ago, flyguyjake said:

4.95% and it's still sailing so that tells us that Symphony must have been much greater. What percent warrants a cancellation?

I guess they will be making an early stop somewhere to let off quarantined sick crew.

Edited by Jimbo