Allure of the seas January 8 - live ish

17 hours ago, mein18 said:

Quite a strong sea breeze on the beach yesterday. Most at our hotel hung at the pool as opposed to the beach. Started to get cool when the sun started to set. Quite cool later in the evening hower it is all relative compared to some of the temps at our homes.

Looks like all shows are a go this week except for Mama Mia show. They are going to have a shortened musical with just the songs.

That's great news, would prefer to see the entire show but I'd take it.  Onboard the Allure on Sunday, don't mess her up too much 😁

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TickledBlue said:

That's great news, would prefer to see the entire show but I'd take it.  Onboard the Allure on Sunday, don't mess her up too much 😁

Agree. I'd like to see the entire show again but the music from the show would be a reasonable second best option. I've seen Abbacadabra on the ships a couple of times. I really like Abba's music.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, colesc15 said:

It also looks like msc seashore and indy were also denied as all are going away from the island now

We’re on Indy and we were not denied entrance into Nassau this morning.  There were 40 knot winds between 6-7am.  Watched the Pilot disembark in crazy waves and head back in.  None of the three ships got into Nassau this morning and it had nothing to do with Covid!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, pstone1 said:

We’re on Indy and we were not denied entrance into Nassau this morning.  There were 40 knot winds between 6-7am.  Watched the Pilot disembark in crazy waves and head back in.  None of the three ships got into Nassau this morning and it had nothing to do with Covid!

They already cleared that up...

18 hours ago, CRK9313 said:

I'm set for Allure on February 13, assuming it goes forward. We were on Jewell out of Cyprus in July and it was max 25% capacity, which was great. Just got off a NY cruise on Carnival Mardi Gras which was closer to 80 percent and was kind of a madhouse at times, although fun. Have a great week!

2 hours ago, TickledBlue said:

Not enough on board to mess much up. Appears we are fully staffed, probably at the expense of the cancelled cruises. So empty it's rare to share an elevator with anyone else.

Hope it all continues for you next week too.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mein18 said:

Not enough on board to mess much up. Appears we are fully staffed, probably at the expense of the cancelled cruises. So empty it's rare to share an elevator with anyone else.

Hope it all continues for you next week too.

Sounds good. Enjoy!

11 minutes ago, mein18 said:

Did anyone hear yet what our final passenger count is? I know the rumors were somewhere between 1,500 and 2,000.

I have to imagine it is closer to the lower end of that rumor.

I've heard numbers from as low as 1500 up to 2,800 but I don't see it possible to have over 2k onboard. I'm guessing at the crown and anchor event they will have a count 

I will say, the voom internet has bend impressive. I've been on the pool deck and streaming the packer game and haven't once had it buffer. I switched the surf package from my phone to my tablet for the game and used my wife's free 24 hours of wifi for being diamond on my phone while I'm using the voom on the tablet. You can definitely notice a speed difference but the basic is still quick enough on my phone to do the basics. I doubt it would steam though. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, colesc15 said:

I've heard numbers from as low as 1500 up to 2,800 but I don't see it possible to have over 2k onboard. I'm guessing at the crown and anchor event they will have a count 

I have to agree, 2k at most.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, colesc15 said:

I will say, the voom internet has bend impressive. I've been on the pool deck and streaming the packer game and haven't once had it buffer. I switched the surf package from my phone to my tablet for the game and used my wife's free 24 hours of wifi for being diamond on my phone while I'm using the voom on the tablet. You can definitely notice a speed difference but the basic is still quick enough on my phone to do the basics. I doubt it would steam though. 

I am on pool deck now myself and voom is quite fast. 

Hopefully your Packers game is better than my practice squad Eagles game last night.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3