Allure of the seas January 8 - live ish

2 hours ago, colesc15 said:

No idea what the drink is since the waiter didn't bring what I wanted it tastes like a bunch of alcohol so that will be okay in my book 

20220109_120800.thumb.jpg.dd562fb1a7f5d8a6ca97eebecbf195f1.jpg

As you can see, lots of motion in the ocean today 

20220109_115814.thumb.jpg.6ab78551bc723d65ba5fe2dcc9664664.jpg

Is it BYOS ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, colesc15 said:

If you want one that lasts through a frozen drink, yes lol. 

We got a Margarita Machine for Christmas, now we can make frozen Margarita anytime we want at home.  We use plastic straws 🍹🧉

1622812198-nostalgia-margarita-and-slush-machine-1-gallon-1622812167.jpg?crop=1xw:1xh;center,top&resize=480:*

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, colesc15 said:

I will say, the voom internet has bend impressive. I've been on the pool deck and streaming the packer game and haven't once had it buffer. I switched the surf package from my phone to my tablet for the game and used my wife's free 24 hours of wifi for being diamond on my phone while I'm using the voom on the tablet. You can definitely notice a speed difference but the basic is still quick enough on my phone to do the basics. I doubt it would steam though. 

I would imagine that VOOM was designed for a lot more cruisers.   You are probably getting the same bandwidth as 3 or 4 people when the ship is full.  Enjoy!

• Like 2

Looks great and we were on Allure in November with 2800 pax on board and it seemed a little more crowded than what you are seeing but was never the less fantastic. Service was spot on and someone always available to get your drinks. If you go to guest relations they will =give you the exact pax number for your cruise.

Good luck for all your adventures and I'm green...

I wonder if that lack of sunbathers is all due to Covid-caused pax counts or to comfort in he wind? The earliest time of the year we were ever on a cruise was on a Royal Caribbean cruise that departed somewhere around February 16.  I could lean far forward while standing and be held up by the wind! It was kind of fun and I remember laughing! Of course this was maybe 20 to 23 years ago.  A lot of times they lock the doors now if the wind is strong. There are often just certain spots on the outer decks that are super windy due to glass wind breakers or just the deck layout. With a temperature of only 75 F (notmally a great temp but can be a bit cool on a ship), in a real good wind, it’s only pleasant if  you can find a place with sunshine that is blocked from wind.

We are on board as well. Chops was great at lunch and they made all our specialty dining reservations. All for 7 or 7:15. The Silk dining room is closed as well as the Brazilian grill. Looked in the Grande dining room and they are moving tables apart. One crew member told us that we were about 2000, another said 1600. 
we parked within 200’ of the check in and the lot is still half empty now. There were no tests to get on board except your proof of negative test. Surprised they did not do temperature check. 
like a ghost town

• Like 2

It is a little eerie at times. At 5:00 on a sea day and sitting on pool deck we saw only 4 others from our vantage point. 3 out of 4 elevator rides we are only ones on. Walked up and right onto zip line. Some had done it 4 times in a row.

• Like 1

Thanks for posting while you are on vacation.  We board on the 22nd.  I’d be thrilled to get a seat at the solarium.  We are late sleepers and usually can’t get a lounge chair!

I’ll be following your adventures!  I’m gaining weight just looking at your food and drinks. 

Don’t see anyone real formal yet. No jackets.

was impressed today in the Park Cafe. A couple came up to a table with an unavailable sign for social distancing. She pushed it to the other end and they both sat down and began eating. A minute later a manager came up and moved them to another table.  Cleaning going on everywhere. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, erinsmom03 said:

LOL!!! I wonder how many of us got the 🐝 reference? Haven't seen anything as entertaining on CC since those threads!

Once I zoomed in and saw that the emoji was a bee, I got it!  Previously I thought it was an airplane.  I need better glasses. 🤣  

Edited by derorim
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, fndumb said:

Don’t see anyone real formal yet. No jackets.

was impressed today in the Park Cafe. A couple came up to a table with an unavailable sign for social distancing. She pushed it to the other end and they both sat down and began eating. A minute later a manager came up and moved them to another table.  Cleaning going on everywhere. 

But yet they will seat tables of two in MDR 18 inches apart.

I just stopped by guest services and asked for passenger count.   2,311.  Except for around the pool on deck 15 at peak hours crowds not an issue.  (Deck 16 closed due to weather).   Was so windy we didn’t stick around anyway.   At main dining many empty tables by us.   The aqua theater show tonight canceled due to weather and rescheduled to Thursday.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, mein18 said:

I have yet to see when dress your best nights are this cruise. Has anyone heard or seen it posted anywhere? Figured it would have been on the app somewhere.

We were told at dinner that tomorrow is the first formal night.  

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, SMN said:

I just stopped by guest services and asked for passenger count.   2,311.  Except for around the pool on deck 15 at peak hours crowds not an issue.  (Deck 16 closed due to weather).   Was so windy we didn’t stick around anyway.   At main dining many empty tables by us.   The aqua theater show tonight canceled due to weather and rescheduled to Thursday.  

I was on Allure one year in January and it was a constant wind storm the entire week. They had one Aqua show while docked in St Maarten and one shortly after departure from there. All the rest were cancelled.

36 minutes ago, SMN said:

That's so hard to believe for how empty every area is.

15 minutes ago, mein18 said:

That's so hard to believe for how empty every area is.

Thanks for keeping us up to date.  We will be on Allure Feb13.    Can you please post a picture of the entertainment at a glance?  I am curious to hear if any of the shows are impacted.