Anyone on or just off Freedom of the Seas

I have B2B scheduled on FOS out of Miami, Jan. 17th and 21st and seems like this is one of just a few ships out of Miami that hasn't cancelled. Before making my decision to go or not was wondering what capacity looks like and if anyone has heard of positivity rates or any other info.

Edited by sabrefan15

Just got off the FOS Dec 31st I don’t know the exact numbers of passengers but I can tell you there was never a line anywhere.  We were very fortunate that there were no show cancellation and the entertainment was amazing.   The crew did a great job keeping everything clean and sanitized.  If I was booked on the 17th I would not hesitate about going!

• Thanks 1

There is a blogger that got Covid during the NYE Freedom cruise which is on YouTube.  I'll post the link.  Also, FOTS sailings out of Miami tend to be shorter cruises so not as much a chance there will be as many cases as larger ships on longer itineraries.  I cruised FOTS back in September with no issues but that was before the new variant, Omicron started doing its thing.  Traditionally cruises after the holidays have fewer passengers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m currently aboard Freedom.  Been here since January 3 and staying until the 17th so long as I pass two more tests.  Last week we had 2200 guests and for this weekend it’s 1400 according to the crew.   I was told they expected 2300 to board on this past Friday so a lot of cancellations and/or people tested positive before boarding.  It’s pretty quiet aboard.  Some crew tested positive on the first cruise and went into quarantine on Vision but they have no significant impacts to service.  No numbers were provided.  No announcements about any positive guests so far.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Anton said:

I’m currently aboard Freedom.  Been here since January 3 and staying until the 17th so long as I pass two more tests.  Last week we had 2200 guests and for this weekend it’s 1400 according to the crew.   I was told they expected 2300 to board on this past Friday so a lot of cancellations and/or people tested positive before boarding.  It’s pretty quiet aboard.  Some crew tested positive on the first cruise and went into quarantine on Vision but they have no significant impacts to service.  No numbers were provided.  No announcements about any positive guests so far.

Thanks for the update. If you happen to be at guest services, can you ask how many are scheduled to be on the 17th and 21st cruises. 

On 1/9/2022 at 1:28 AM, FlashFire said:

I'm going on the 14th and would be really curious how many they're expecting for that cruise, if you don't mind asking for me.

Would appreciate it if you could ask about passenger count for sailings on 17th and 21st.

Just now, dreamer7787 said:

@AntonAre shows happening on FOS? There's currently none listed in the daily planner, but I know that can be very fluid right now.

They have had at least some if not most shows.  I don’t follow them closely since I have seen them all multiple times lately.  Ice shows are running normal, the production shows seem normal.  They have no piano singer in Schooner Bar but have a truly excellent pianist instead.  He’s been busy.

I heard we have 1400 people on this current cruise.  They have noticeably tightened up on some things over last week’s cruises.  Windjammer had almost all tables open previously but now they have returned to maybe 40% open.  MDR has more tables closed to keep space between occupied tables.

1881 guests expected for the January 14 cruise according to the crew prep announcement just a minute ago.  We have 11 back to backs.  They expect similar numbers for the upcoming cruises.  Lots of crew transfers this morning for vacation.  We got some back from the Vision yesterday who finished quarantine.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Anton said:

1881 guests expected for the January 14 cruise according to the crew prep announcement just a minute ago.  We have 11 back to backs.  They expect similar numbers for the upcoming cruises.  Lots of crew transfers this morning for vacation.  We got some back from the Vision yesterday who finished quarantine.

Thanks for the info, looking forward to the trip and hopefully some warmth.

On 1/12/2022 at 9:00 AM, Anton said:

They have had at least some if not most shows.  I don’t follow them closely since I have seen them all multiple times lately.  Ice shows are running normal, the production shows seem normal.  They have no piano singer in Schooner Bar but have a truly excellent pianist instead.  He’s been busy.

Thanks for the update! I'm sailing the 24th and and have a first time cruiser with me. I've been worried about it not being a great experience for her. 

On 1/8/2022 at 5:57 PM, loomabunch said:

Just got off the FOS Dec 31st I don’t know the exact numbers of passengers but I can tell you there was never a line anywhere.  We were very fortunate that there were no show cancellation and the entertainment was amazing.   The crew did a great job keeping everything clean and sanitized.  If I was booked on the 17th I would not hesitate about going!

Thank you for the added confidence, tested negative and ready to board tomorrow 

5 hours ago, TxStacey said:

Ill be on the 21st sailing provided DH and I test negative on Wednesday!  We cannot wait!

Us too. 

it will be our honeymoon cruise. We were married on odyssey but needed this as our honeymoon with only the 2 of us.l and no guests or family. 

• Like 1

On 1/9/2022 at 12:02 AM, livingonthebeach said:

There is a blogger that got Covid during the NYE Freedom cruise which is on YouTube.  I'll post the link.  Also, FOTS sailings out of Miami tend to be shorter cruises so not as much a chance there will be as many cases as larger ships on longer itineraries.  I cruised FOTS back in September with no issues but that was before the new variant, Omicron started doing its thing.  Traditionally cruises after the holidays have fewer passengers. 

That was really good to watch... it has made my decision to not cruise until this is over easy... I so wanted to cruise this year as not been holiday since July 2019 due to covid .... I cannot cruise with all these restrictions. I really thought we would be able to go this year but with restrictions and all this still going on as I cannot pay my hard earned cash for this kind of holiday... so disappointed that I am not going AGAIN...

6 hours ago, life is to be happy said:

And that blogger will already be back on Freedom this weekend if he has a negative test result.

"all these restrictions" are really not that bad...it's being safe and distance with everyone else and we all stay healthy.  We cruised in Oct and actually got married on Odyssey and it was amazing even with restrictions.  A mask and social distancing is not going to stop us for cruising!!!!

2 1/2 more days until Freedom!!!

• Like 2

23 hours ago, thjeepster said:

Hello. 
anyone one that’s on today?  Can you ask how many they are expecting for the next sailing??…please. 

It’s for the 21st. 

thanks in advance !!!

I am on now for b2b so will also be on 21st. Being told there is around 1500 on this sailing and everything seems dead. Had a hot tub last night with just 3 from our group in it last night and buffet was quiet for breakfast this morning. I will ask later today how many are expected for next sailing. 

9 minutes ago, sabrefan15 said:

I am on now for b2b so will also be on 21st. Being told there is around 1500 on this sailing and everything seems dead. Had a hot tub last night with just 3 from our group in it last night and buffet was quiet for breakfast this morning. I will ask later today how many are expected for next sailing. 

Perfect!!  Thank you so much!

I appreciate you very much for doing this!

I hope you are having an amazing cruise so far!

Edited by thjeepster
edit