OBC for UK veterans

Clagmeister

I am new to Princess  and wish to claim military OBC as a former member of the British Army and have the form. Other Cruise Lines have accepted the Defence Discount Card as proof of service. Is this the same with Princess Line? 

Thank you for the replies. I had already read the requirements of the form and understand who is entitled to the OBC. My question was simply to those who had experience of applying in the UK and had used the Defence Discount Card as proof of entitlement. This has been accepted on my sailings with Cunard and P&O in the past.

I received this credit for an upcoming cruise.

I managed to find an old document that had my service number and name on it and an MOD address

Good luck with the Defence Discount Card, worth a try. Otherwise contact the MOD and get an official letter or confirmation of your service.

The process took about two weeks with Princess and just prior to Christmas.

Showed up as OBC on my booking confirmation.

18 minutes ago, robins11 said:

I received this credit for an upcoming cruise.

I managed to find an old document that had my service number and name on it and an MOD address

Good luck with the Defence Discount Card, worth a try. Otherwise contact the MOD and get an official letter or confirmation of your service.

The process took about two weeks with Princess and just prior to Christmas.

Showed up as OBC on my booking confirmation.

Thanks. If the DD card won't do then as mentioned I will use a copy of the letter from the Military Secretary sent to me on retirement a lifetime ago.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/9/2022 at 9:41 PM, Clagmeister said:

Thanks. If the DD card won't do then as mentioned I will use a copy of the letter from the Military Secretary sent to me on retirement a lifetime ago.

Did you have any luck with theDD card? I have my military records but not an actual letter of confirmation.