Enchanted 1/9-1/29-Updates/Questions

Jadn13

4 hours ago, Rebels82 said:

We will be on the 1/19 sailing. Have you heard an estimate of how many will be on that sailing? Thanks.

Based on the past couple of cruises I would estimate anywhere between 1400 and 1800

• Like 1

I solved that problem in Oct/Nov on the Grand Princess by using a little"eyeglass keeper" with clips. Mine looked like a beaded necklace and kept my mask "around my neck" if I took it off to eat. I tossed it over my shoulder to keep it from filling with crumbs.  

I saw people doing that early in the serious masking days back in 2020…..Great idea.  May have to try that 😊

1 hour ago, gerig said:

I am from the frigid north but because I have cruised so many times I am just happy to be back cruising I don't care where we go and if ports are cancelled and more sea days become the itinerary so be it.  We are just lucky to be cruising.  

We're from Florida and it still doesn't make any difference to us if we stop at any of the ports either. We've seen them all before many times & just enjoy time on the ship. 

I think I remember snow. ❄️❄️

It's been a long time ago. 

• Like 5

On 1/12/2022 at 5:29 PM, rnelson678 said:

No worries.  The cabin is nearly all the way forward, but it's still on the Port side of the ship so not directly facing forward.   I was surprised how little wind there was.  In fact, at night, we kept the door open and I would have liked a stronger breeze for sleeping.  A guess at the size is 5x12.  

Unfortunately, I didn't take any photos of the interior. (I'll ask DH)  But no, there wasn't a separate room.....just a square-sized room for the couch, coffee table, bed and desk.  Tons of closet space.  If I could afford the regular price, I would get this room again in a heartbeat.  Location was perfect.  

Here are a couple more photos from the balcony....

rainbow.jpg

sunset.jpg

Hi again!  Just wondering from your photo taking the picture of the rainbow to your right, that is s110, did you ever happen to peek over there or talk with your neighbors to see what the balcony was like?  I didn't know if the white metal was obstructing AND if the balcony was the same size as yours.  Thanks.  I have a hold on that room for 40 days in 2023, so I just want to make sure all will be good.  Thanks for your picture of the balcony...it helped my husband feel the balcony would be good.  Just worried now that we will have a white wall on a portion of our balcony .  Thanks again so much.  Mary

On 1/13/2022 at 3:19 PM, Steelers36 said:

Will the weight eventually impact upon the integrity of the bridge structure I wonder?  I am also aware - and have seen - similar situations are various places around the world.

SIde note to Steelers, I saw your signature, but email missing and message app disabled.  We're scheduled on the Regal 10/14/22 followed by the 14 day Island RT out of Rome.  email me at connieb127 at yahoo.com  Haven't decided on our 5 day inbetween.

2 hours ago, Jadn13 said:

Just confirming that the turn around test will be done on Weds…more details to follow

ECB390C0-B91A-44CB-93B0-B27C66709DEC.jpeg

So what happens if one of you test positive, but show no symptoms? Also are you able to get back on and pack up your stuff yourself?  Thanks.

We are on the Sky Princess on 1/22 out of Ft. Lauderdale.  We are in Group A, green line, but no time was given.  What time were you able to board.  AND what night was lobster night in the MD?  We want to book two specialty dining but not on lobster night.  Thank you.

21 minutes ago, knot knormal said:

We are on the Sky Princess on 1/22 out of Ft. Lauderdale.  We are in Group A, green line, but no time was given.  What time were you able to board.  AND what night was lobster night in the MD?  We want to book two specialty dining but not on lobster night.  Thank you.

Your second formal night is JAN 27 and that is when they serve lobster.  You can get better lobster anytime in the CG.

11 hours ago, Jadn13 said:

Just confirming that the turn around test will be done on Weds…more details to follow

ECB390C0-B91A-44CB-93B0-B27C66709DEC.jpeg

It appears that the testing will be in the terminal. 

Let us know what they say about people who wish to leave the ship to go shopping? 

10 hours ago, mellon1 said:

So what happens if one of you test positive, but show no symptoms? Also are you able to get back on and pack up your stuff yourself?  Thanks.

-I brought two self tests with me to actually test the day prior(I don’t like surprises)

-We are packing up before we test, (we change cabins)

-If you test positive someone will pack for you.

-Asymptomatic people are currently quarantined.

-Positive asymptomatic people will not be able to continue and have to leave.

Edited by Jadn13

8 hours ago, knot knormal said:

We were Group A 11:30-12:00 and we started to board at 11:40

Edited by Jadn13
  • Like 2

Replacement port of Grand Turk 7am-12:45 

It took the Captain 2 attempts to dock this morning due to heavy winds.

You are allowed to get off and explore 

(beautiful beach, Margaritaville is fun but not much to do outside the port area) 

We are here today with the Carnival Freedom 

D0AF5393-83A3-4E71-AB87-9E395F289599.jpeg

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jadn13 said:

I didn’t notice this prior so it might be new?!

Emerald deck 8 also has fire doors closed, midship starboard side 

7A4EAFA5-E0EE-4B51-A233-860F119E267A.jpeg

Hmmmm.

We were supposed to be in that area. I wonder where they'll move us if it's user for quarantine reasons?

5 hours ago, MissP22 said:

It appears that the testing will be in the terminal. 

Let us know what they say about people who wish to leave the ship to go shopping? 

This got me thinking......We're on a 25 day TA/Baltic cruise booked as a 25 day cruise.  Some people are only doing the TA part and some are only doing the Baltic part. 
Will those of us on the 25 day sailing have to test in between the two parts even though we are booked as one sailing and not B2B?

Edited by suzyed

1 hour ago, Jadn13 said:

Replacement port of Grand Turk 7am-12:45 

It took the Captain 2 attempts to dock this morning due to heavy winds.

You are allowed to get off and explore 

(beautiful beach, Margaritaville is fun but not much to do outside the port area) 

We are here today with the Carnival Freedom 

D0AF5393-83A3-4E71-AB87-9E395F289599.jpeg

Drink Local - go past the Port hangouts and head down the beach to Jack's Shack.  Hopefully we are there in less than 2 weeks now

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, suzyed said:

This got me thinking......We're on a 25 day TA/Baltic cruise booked as a 25 day cruise.  Some people are only doing the TA part and some are only doing the Baltic part. 
Will those of us on the 25 day sailing have to test in between the two parts even though we are booked as one sailing and not B2B?

I have the Baltic cruise on hold. I am concerned with testing- I looked into flying into all the countries & you need a negative test taken within 2 days of arriving, I don't know if that includes coming in on a ship. Do you know anything about testing for the ports?

19 minutes ago, suzyed said:

The notice we received talks about “remaining onboard”so I would plan to test in between each section

• Thanks 1