Enchanted 1/9-1/29-Updates/Questions

Jadn13

23 minutes ago, littleboy said:

I was thinking of taking a tour in dominica on my FEB 18 cruise how did people enjoy tours there did they feel safe

We did the river tubing and had a blast. The tour guides were awesome.   Felt safe, 10  per van with about 40 total on the tour. After the twisty mountain road, it was nice to relax on the river

• Like 2

Today it was announced that we are not allowed to dock in St Thomas due to our Covid numbers (no numbers were given) 

We are swapping St Thomas for a sea day and adding Grand Turk on what was a Sea Day.

Those infected have been quarantined along with close contacts. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Jadn13 said:

Today it was announced that we are not allowed to dock in St Thomas due to our Covid numbers (no numbers were given) 

We are swapping St Thomas for a sea day and adding Grand Turk on what was a Sea Day.

what day / date will you be in Grand Turk ?  we will be there in about 2 weeks  on the REGAL - it's our only port, so hoping you get to dock and us also

14 minutes ago, voljeep said:

what day / date will you be in Grand Turk ?  we will be there in about 2 weeks  on the REGAL - it's our only port, so hoping you get to dock and us also

We will be in Grand Turk Monday, possibly,  depending on our Covid threshold. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Jadn13 said:

That sucks but when you cruise these days, you need to be flexible and ready for anything 

32 minutes ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

That sucks but when you cruise these days, you need to be flexible and ready for anything 

No biggie for us we had no plans to leave the ship in St Thomas. It’s a definitely go with the flow situation right now.

it’s just more of a reminder to keep space as much as possible so we don’t test positive on turn around day.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Familycruzer11 said:

Appreciate everyone’s contributions to the thread.  Would it be possible to confirm if there are non alcoholic beers available? (Odouls, Heineken zero). We sail on Enchanted 2/8 Thank you 

I scanned the App and didn’t see any listed but I’ll ask a bartender directly tomorrow. 

• Like 2

We were on the NYE cruise that ended on 9th.  We rarely had anyone on the elevators.  And actually we didn’t feel like we had to wear a mask very much except for walking in the common areas on 5,6,7, into and out of DR and Lido, or on excursion bus, and sitting in the theatre if you went to a show or presentation.  

We stayed on pool deck everyday so outdoor no mask, and once you sat down in DR or Lido you could take it off. With the low capacity you rarely came upon a large number of people.

Always felt safe.

We were asked by our room steward if we wanted turn down service and we said yes.

Funny thing was in Lido you would get up and start walking to go get something and then the ooops moment - turn around and go back to table to get your mask. HaHa

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rebels82 said:

We will be on the 1/19 sailing. Have you heard an estimate of how many will be on that sailing? Thanks.

Haven’t heard yet. It took till Day 2 to get actual numbers for the current  sailing.

I have a theory that it may be more than this sailing because we were moved next cruise from an aft dolphin cabin  which is the deck being used for quarantine (cabins set aside are based on passenger numbers) 

Again, just a theory

It still remains to be seen if the Enchanted Princess will be allowed to dock in St. Thomas on our February 28 booking.  Having just been there December 31, we won't be too disappointed if we can't because we always spend to much at Kay's and need a break.  In addition, Grand Turk was taken off our itinerary on our November 6th itinerary and we would like to get back there again.

1 hour ago, Jadn13 said:

Haven’t heard yet. It took till Day 2 to get actual numbers for the current  sailing.

I have a theory that it may be more than this sailing because we were moved next cruise from an aft dolphin cabin  which is the deck being used for quarantine (cabins set aside are based on passenger numbers) 

Again, just a theory

Is the entire aft on Dolphin being used for quarantine? If you don't mind saying, what cabin were you moved from? Were you given a comparable or better one in exchange?

I feel that if you get bumped from a desired cabin, you should at least be offered a meta upgrade. Many of us take a lot of time choosing our cabins even if they are in a "lower" category.

33 minutes ago, hllwdcruiser said:

Is the entire aft on Dolphin being used for quarantine? If you don't mind saying, what cabin were you moved from? Were you given a comparable or better one in exchange?

I feel that if you get bumped from a desired cabin, you should at least be offered a meta upgrade. Many of us take a lot of time choosing our cabins even if they are in a "lower" category.

I just went exploring and none of the aft cabins on Dolphin-deck 9 are currently being used for quarantine. I was originally in D601 which sits right outside a set of fire doors. Even if this cabin isn’t in the Q zone I could understand leaving it empty.

We were moved to Aloha-deck 12 which is fine with us, we are currently on Riveria-deck 14. We are still trying to figure out what area we prefer on this class of ships. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Jadn13 said:

I just went exploring and none of the aft cabins on Dolphin-deck 9 are currently being used for quarantine. I was originally in D601 which sits right outside a set of fire doors. Even if this cabin isn’t in the Q zone I could understand leaving it empty.

We were moved to Aloha-deck 12 which is fine with us, we are currently on Riveria-deck 14. We are still trying to figure out what area we prefer on this class of ships. 

Thank you for the info!

You seriously have the best attitude as things shift and change during your sailing.

Perhaps because we are from Florida too, we also will not be too disappointed if our cruise in February ends up missing some or even all ports. We really do cruise just for the ship experience. Going to beaches is certainly not a priority and we've been spoiled by our close proximity to the islands for land based vacations. 

That being said, I have 100% empathy for the disappointment of those traveling from the frigid cold and looking forward to a day at the beach or a tour of a tropical paradise.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, gardenbunny said:

We were on the NYE cruise that ended on 9th.  We rarely had anyone on the elevators.  And actually we didn’t feel like we had to wear a mask very much except for walking in the common areas on 5,6,7, into and out of DR and Lido, or on excursion bus, and sitting in the theatre if you went to a show or presentation.  

We stayed on pool deck everyday so outdoor no mask, and once you sat down in DR or Lido you could take it off. With the low capacity you rarely came upon a large number of people.

Always felt safe.

We were asked by our room steward if we wanted turn down service and we said yes.

Funny thing was in Lido you would get up and start walking to go get something and then the ooops moment - turn around and go back to table to get your mask. HaHa

I solved that problem in Oct/Nov on the Grand Princess by using a little "eyeglass keeper" with clips. Mine looked like a beaded necklace and kept my mask "around my neck" if I took it off to eat. I tossed it over my shoulder to keep it from filling with crumbs.  

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Familycruzer11 said:

Appreciate everyone’s contributions to the thread.  Would it be possible to confirm if there are non alcoholic beers available? (Odouls, Heineken zero). We sail on Enchanted 2/8 Thank you 

Hello- I asked the bartender outside Princess Live and he told me they carry Heineken Zero 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jadn13 said:

for the sailing on Jan 19 we were booked in D304, a handicap accessible cabin.  I noticed recently that our cabin # had change to a similar cabin on Baja deck.  Almost exact same location near the elevators.  Now I understand why.  🙂 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grego said:

It still remains to be seen if the Enchanted Princess will be allowed to dock in St. Thomas on our February 28 booking.  Having just been there December 31, we won't be too disappointed if we can't because we always spend to much at Kay's and need a break.  In addition, Grand Turk was taken off our itinerary on our November 6th itinerary and we would like to get back there again.

We're on the Feb. 28th cruise, too, and St. Thomas would be the only port we'd miss.  We're doing a b2b so we'll have a second chance to visit.  DH hasn't been to St. John so that was our plan for the day.  We'll be happy to be cruising again and won't complain about any port we miss.  We want sunshine, blue seas and relaxing days at sea.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hllwdcruiser said:

Thank you for the info!

You seriously have the best attitude as things shift and change during your sailing.

Perhaps because we are from Florida too, we also will not be too disappointed if our cruise in February ends up missing some or even all ports. We really do cruise just for the ship experience. Going to beaches is certainly not a priority and we've been spoiled by our close proximity to the islands for land based vacations. 

That being said, I have 100% empathy for the disappointment of those traveling from the frigid cold and looking forward to a day at the beach or a tour of a tropical paradise.

I am from the frigid north but because I have cruised so many times I am just happy to be back cruising I don't care where we go and if ports are cancelled and more sea days become the itinerary so be it.  We are just lucky to be cruising.  

• Like 5