Are there any stats about where the positive COVID cases on ships are coming from?

jacob22

2 hours ago, nocl said:

We will see I just filed an FOIA request with the CDC asking for number of covid cases identified on each ship in US waters from Dec 5 until Jan 9.  With the information to be provided by ship by week or in any other format that allows one to determine the same information.

Lets see what I get in the next 20 days.

Not quite the detail the OP requested, but a good start to see if there's any deal in place with the lines.  Good play.

11 hours ago, nocl said:

We will see I just filed an FOIA request with the CDC asking for number of covid cases identified on each ship in US waters from Dec 5 until Jan 9.  With the information to be provided by ship by week or in any other format that allows one to determine the same information.

If this thread becomes unavailable, please advise at email in sig line how you make out and what info you were able to obtain.  You've asked in a way that would argue against reactions, but...

11 hours ago, nocl said:

If this thread becomes unavailable, please advise at email in sig line how you make out and what info you were able to obtain.  You've asked in a way that would argue against redactions, but...

11 hours ago, nocl said:

If this thread becomes unavailable, please advise at email in sig line how you make out and what info you were able to obtain.  You've asked in a way that would argue against redactions, but...

11 hours ago, nocl said:

I just asked for by ship by week.  Comparing between lines.

Who exactly asked for that data? have not seen any reports.

Based on the data that was in 21-00115 should not be any problem supplying the data.

A different request had the e-mails that included those going back and forth about trying to test the Passengers of the Royal Princess before letting them off on March 7..  I was actually on that cruise and was off of the ship, before they stopped passengers from leaving.

Krysten Sinema.  Pretty much was told the data should be available for numbers by ship, cruise and whether passenger or crew.  Suggestion was next summary data will include the above.

11 hours ago, nocl said:

Did you ask for crew vs passengers by chance?

10 hours ago, cangelmd said:

I’m 2 weeks out and have already started reducing contacts

Have you definitely decided to go or are you going to wait until the 48 hour window to decide ?  A lot can happen at this point in 2 weeks.

3 weeks out and I wish I knew where I could go get Omicron right now and be clear before our sailing.  
No intent to cancel, but will be reducing contacts for ~10 days prior to the cruise. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, D C said:

3 weeks out and I wish I knew where I could go get Omicron right now and be clear before our sailing.  
No intent to cancel, but will be reducing contacts for ~10 days prior to the cruise. 

Such a weird thing to say...

But so VERY understandable.  A strange sign of the times.

We also keep thinking that it would be a relief just to get the inevitable over with!

Best of luck either way it goes for you pre-cruise.  

12 hours ago, nocl said:

I wonder if similar data is available for convention hotels... the Consumer Electronics Show just ended in Las Vegas... it is a bit like a cruise ship... hundreds or thousands generally hanging out for days in a facility with hotel rooms, restaurants etc. Do they keep track or in anyway deal with positive cases. I have no idea...  My guess would be that there is no data and no controlling authority..but I don't honestly know

32 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Have you definitely decided to go or are you going to wait until the 48 hour window to decide ?  A lot can happen at this point in 2 weeks.

I don't know about cagelmd, but my original plan was to wait until sometime in early Feb (before my Feb 14 sailing) to make a decision. But I went ahead and canceled...rescheduling in late August... yeah I know hurricane season. Once the indoor masking policy was official..in writing.. I thought that this requirement is likely to linger past being necessary. They wouldn't want to be accused of opening things up too soon... so even if the peak is reached by mid January and by mid Feb... things have calmed down.. I think the tighter rules will linger. We have another sailing late April..so I hope by then we will be back to pre Omicron policies.

50 minutes ago, D C said:

Have you had a cold recently? Some say it may improve your odds of not getting C19. 

T Cells From Common Colds Cross-Protect Against COVID-19 Infection (scitechdaily.com)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, nocl said:

I just asked for by ship by week.  Comparing between lines.

Who exactly asked for that data? have not seen any reports.

Based on the data that was in 21-00115 should not be any problem supplying the data.

A different request had the e-mails that included those going back and forth about trying to test the Passengers of the Royal Princess before letting them off on March 7..  I was actually on that cruise and was off of the ship, before they stopped passengers from leaving.

I think the confusion in requests is a member of Congress usually has an aide simply call the agency and request the data.

As I said before, can see no reason the complete data by ship and/or cruise should not be published