Are jeans appropriate in the MDR?

brwneyedgirl72

Just now, Steelers36 said:

OP's Q has been answered.  What is the point of debating jeans for post after post when we all know folks can wear jeans in the DR for Smart Casual and the OP did not even intend to wear them on a D2I/Formal Night? 

Point made. Well done, sir. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, john watson said:

Presumably that is the thinking ladies have with the back pockets area removed you cant see the problem as they approach. What the Maitre'd needs is a rear view mirror near the entrance if you know what I mean.

Regards John

Obviously this is one of the extremes that some of the younger women might go to for attention. I seriously doubt if they would be seen on a Princess cruise but the Maitre D' does have the option of turning them away simply for having holes in them.

7 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

OP's Q has been answered.  What is the point of debating jeans for post after post when we all know folks can wear jeans in the DR for Smart Casual and the OP did not even intend to wear them on a D2I/Formal Night? 

It just shows that CC is getting back to normal and having these debates rather than constant talk of Covid.  :classic_wink:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

On 1/12/2022 at 6:43 PM, brisalta said:

I hope your suit is better tailored than that one. The way the trousers are scrunched up indicates those are a poor fit.

One has to wonder at the year you were born. Have you seen the new suits worn by young men today? The trousers are cut so slim that some bunching is inevitable when the leg is moved forward, as in the photo in question.

Before you feel the need to correct me as you seem apt to do to others on this forum, please take note that I have been in the fashion business for my entire career with several years devoted to high end menswear.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hllwdcruiser said:

One has to wonder at the year you were born. Have you seen the new suits worn by young men today? The trousers are cut so slim that some bunching is inevitable when the leg is moved forward, as in the photo in question.

Before you feel the need to correct me as you seem apt to do to others on this forum, please take note that I have been in the fashion business for my entire career with several years devoted to high end menswear.

IF I had such a suit, it wouldn't be slim anyway.  I'm pretty much the opposite of "slim".  JC Penney used to call it "husky".  :classic_tongue:

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Rick&Jenny said:

On our New Years Majestic cruise, guys were wearing shorts to the MDR for dinner and no one said boo about it. We had a traditional 7:20 pm  seating.

I’ve also seen men wearing shorts, specifically cargo shorts with sneakers or flip flops into the main dining room on the Emerald. Definitely a first for me. Surprisingly, many are middle-aged and up, rather than the young men.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hllwdcruiser said:

Really slim suits are not a new concept.

I come from a long line of tailors. I have seen slim suits that are well tailored and properly fitted.

Edited by brisalta