Has Infinity summer been cancelled

york survey

3 hours ago, zitsky said:

When you look at a cruise and a category is unavailable, how do you know when it’s just full or when Celebrity is playing games?

I’m on Oct 12 sailing and categories are unavailable or guarantee.

Wish I knew.  I was on another Cruise booking site and on some of these cruises they were offering balconies and other categories (just not Suite or above), then again I did not try to book through them so their information may have been out of date.

5 hours ago, canderson said:

Agree.  Between that and what X just invested in Connie, a sale in the near term seems very unlikely.

The soft furnishings were already in stock, the dry dock work to the hull was essential for certification and insurance purposes.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Definitas said:

We love those corner FVs and have been lucky enough to have one several times (as a couple). I would rather sail in an old FV than an IV on an Edge class

So right, I would take an FV on M class over the CS on M class any time.  I had one on a NE/Canada cruite on deck 8 and wow that was great.

1 hour ago, BigAl94 said:

The soft furnishings were already in stock, the dry dock work to the hull was essential for certification and insurance purposes.

I recall noting "Granted, much of the materiel may have been warehoused in anticipation of a revolutionizing job, but the labor alone to do this job must have been considerable."

Further, not all of the scheduled mechanical work was directed toward certification or insurance.  If you will recall, had time permitted, there was even a hydroblast and paint job scheduled... in X colors.

21 minutes ago, Beachlover1989 said:

How do you know Eclipse is taking over from Infinity?  We're supposed to be on Infinity for Antarctica in Feb 23.

I don't know exact dates of the cutover.  I know that I was waiting for the X South America schedule for 2023-2024.  Cruises were published recently.  I'm on the Dec 23, 2023 Patagonia cruise.  I was expecting the Infinity, but it turned out to be the Eclipse.  I'm pretty happy.  I think it's an improvement.

I liked the itineraries for the Infinity spring 22 sailings, but I've regarded the odds of actually sailing as fairly slim.  I was also a bit concerned about going on the first restart trips on a ship which seems like it would be the bottom of Celebrity's priorities.  

We are on for 20 Oct out of Barcelona for 11 nights. We booked the same in 2020 and it was cancelled.

I would be very unhappy and disappointed if Celebrity cancel this for anything other than a new outbreak/variant situation where they have no choice.

I look at it this way. Both us and Celebrity take a risk here.  They put a cruise out and we support them by taking up the risk with them. If they can just willy nilly cancel, sell ships, refurb ships etc then why can a passenger not do it when they feel like it ? Its a contract in my mind .. an undertaking in good faith ....

I will demand my full deposit back and Celebrity will not see me again ...

I asked Celebrity, and was told today, that: 

“We inform you that in this moment we do not have a official communication regarding this topic. The cruise is confirmed for this moment.

If will be new information regarding this topic, please be aware that you will receive a notification by email regarding this.”

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, phe8800 said:

“We inform you that in this moment we do not have a official communication regarding this topic. The cruise is confirmed for this moment.

If will be new information regarding this topic, please be aware that you will receive a notification by email regarding this.”

That's as clear as mud!!!

8 minutes ago, york survey said:

That's as clear as mud!!!

I've said a million times...you are wasting your time calling reservations expecting to get pre-pre-emptive inside info. When the letters go out to customers is when reservations agents find out. 

Edited by Jeremiah1212
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, phe8800 said:

Well at least you got an answer.  Not a helpful one.  But at least an answer.  Not so much different than the Magic 8 Ball response.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Well at least you got an answer.  Not a helpful one.  But at least an answer.  Not so much different than the Magic 8 Ball response.

There has been lots of speculation.  Maybe X knows and they won’t tell us.  Or they just don’t know.

I would like to see the Infinity replaced.  It’s too old and not refurbed.  But I just want to cruise.  I’ll be happy on the Infinity if that is what X wants to do.

This does not take away from the mystery of it all. Infinity still shows a full complement of available bookings, both Europe and South America/Antarctica sailings, now through November 2023. It would seem all is well. Dare we rock the boat anymore? I am certainly planning on Barcelona to Venice in April '22 and Antarctica in February '23. A celebratory Bluefish Martini in hand. 

20 hours ago, Beachlover1989 said:

How do you know Eclipse is taking over from Infinity?  We're supposed to be on Infinity for Antarctica in Feb 23.

Not one single person who has responded here "knows", they are surmising, assuming, wishing and hoping.  The Magic 8 Ball is still resting.