Has Infinity summer been cancelled

york survey

2 hours ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

TheShoot says "Anyway ... lets hope we can all still go cruising !"

I'll raise a Bluefish Martini to that and hope things become clearer.

Mystery, incompetence, conspiracy. A novel in forum form. We should be reading this on a ship.

I'll raise a.....

Can you tell me what a Blue Fish Martini is?  Google isn’t helping.

We booked a b2b in the fall using fcc from a cruise we canceled with cruise with confidence. If these cruises are canceled, we stand to lose about $8000 according to current cruise with confidence rules. Fingers are crossed. This whole thing makes me very nervous. Fingers crossed that they’re just trying to limit capacity rather than cancel infinity’s season. 

2 hours ago, JanaAZ said:

We booked a b2b in the fall using fcc from a cruise we canceled with cruise with confidence. If these cruises are canceled, we stand to lose about $8000 according to current cruise with confidence rules. Fingers are crossed. This whole thing makes me very nervous. Fingers crossed that they’re just trying to limit capacity rather than cancel infinity’s season. 

Any cancellation is far from ideal but I’m sure you will not loose that kind of money.  When eclipse had some cruises last week celebrity offered some “lift and shift” options 

I think we should know more this week 

12 minutes ago, york survey said:

Any cancellation is far from ideal but I’m sure you will not loose that kind of money.  When eclipse had some cruises last week celebrity offered some “lift and shift” options 

I think we should know more this week 

I hope you’re right. I don’t think they have this cruise next year. If they cancel things they better give me back my money or at least give me an extension to use it. 

38 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Then your Google is not working properly

Lovely answer. Such a negative attitude.

Blue Martini

• 2 oz Vodka
  • 0.5 oz Blue Curaçao
  • 0.5 oz Cocchi Americano
  • 2 Orange bitters

Shake with ice and strain.

• Orange, for garnish

That's it, with tiny little variations here and there. It's very pretty, but I don't much like the taste, but I'm not a good person to go by. I don't really much like alcohol. best part is the garnish

24 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

Lovely answer. Such a negative attitude.

Blue Martini

• 2 oz Vodka
  • 0.5 oz Blue Curaçao
  • 0.5 oz Cocchi Americano
  • 2 Orange bitters

Shake with ice and strain.

• Orange, for garnish

That's it, with tiny little variations here and there. It's very pretty, but I don't much like the taste, but I'm not a good person to go by. I don't really much like alcohol. best part is the garnish

Thanks.  Any idea where this drink got it’s start?

Not saying that the Eclipse cancellations are related to the Infinty sailings, other than it, the Infinity, and the Solstice were grouped together as three with delays in starting this year. Now the Eclipse is basically being further delayed. Maybe indicative of something, maybe not. 

4 minutes ago, Qwltngcruiser said:

Not saying that the Eclipse cancellations are related to the Infinty sailings, other than it, the Infinity, and the Solstice were grouped together as three with delays in starting this year. Now the Eclipse is basically being further delayed. Maybe indicative of something, maybe not. 

The eclipse is also caught up in the issues with Australia. 

22 hours ago, zitsky said:

Can you tell me what a Blue Fish Martini is?  Google isn’t helping.

Actually Z, a Bluefish Martini is my creation. Guppy99 is nowhere close to the answer but a good try it was. The name has nothing to do with the Gin/Vodka/Dry Vermouth portions of liquor used and you do not bastardize those liquors with anything else. It's Gin or Vodka, and Vermouth if you use it. The name Bluefish Martini comes from the garnish I use. Typically, olives, lemon twist or cocktail onions are used. When onions are used, it becomes a Gibson. My garnish is two Queen olives with the pimento removed. I stuff one olive with fresh, good quality bleu cheese. Using pre-stuffed olives is disgusting and therefore immoral and illegal and you will go to hell. The other olive is stuffed with an anchovy, folded in half and un-rinsed. There will be 1/8" to 1/4" of tail hanging out. Both gorged olives are placed in a chilled Martini glass and the liquor is gradually poured over the olives. A light slick of oil and tiny remnants of bleu cheese will appear - dirty martini like - now you know that you are about to experience something special.

It is very much a unique drink, Z. You not only have to like Martinis you have to like bleu cheese and anchovies as well. My experience has been, not many folks do. But for those of us who enjoy all three, well, you know. Raise a glass if you do.

Edited by Spif Barwunkel
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

Thanks.  Any idea where this drink got it’s start?

Hmmmm. Martini goes back to the 1880's.   The blue martini came about with the introduction of Blue Curaçao. Almost any vodka cocktail combo nowadays is called a martini. I have no idea why that is. Simplicity I suppose, since the rise of the "martini bar"

6 minutes ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

Actually Z, a Bluefish Martini is my creation. Guppy99 is nowhere close to the answer but a good try it was. The name has nothing to do with the Gin/Vodka/Dry Vermouth portions of liquor used and you do not bastardize those liquors with anything else. It's Gin or Vodka, and Vermouth if you use it. The name Bluefish Martini comes from the garnish I use. Typically, olives, lemon twist or cocktail onions are used. When onions are used, it becomes a Gibson. My garnish is two Queen olives with the pimento removed. I stuff one olive with fresh, good quality bleu cheese. Using pre-stuffed olives is disgusting and therefore immoral and illegal and you will go to hell. The other olive is stuffed with an anchovy, folded in half and un-rinsed. There will be 1/8" to 1/4" of tail hanging out. Both gorged olives are placed in a chilled Martini glass and the liquor is gradually poured over the olives. A light slick of oil and tiny remnants of bleu cheese will appear - dirty martini like - now you know that you are about to experience something special.

It is very much a unique drink, Z. You not only have to like Martinis you have to like bleu cheese and anchovies as well. My experience has been, not many folks do. But for those of us who enjoy all three, well, you know. Raise a glass if you do.

Ok.  I’d try it if presented but not sure I would make it.

By the way, @LGW59 is no longer allowed to answer any alcohol questions.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

That's utterly disgusting (although much more appropriately named)....and there are dozens of recipes for blue fish martinis. The one I chose, seems very popular. It's a pretty blue. 

34 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

That's utterly disgusting (although much more appropriately named)....and there are dozens of recipes for blue fish martinis. The one I chose, seems very popular. It's a pretty blue. 

Actually G99, there are no other recipes for a "Bleufish" Martini. And,, many folks feel the same about this concoction. 

1 hour ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

I'll raise a glass to that! I've had blue cheese stuffed olives and anchovy stuffed olives but never together. Excellent idea!

4 hours ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

Using pre-stuffed olives is disgusting and therefore immoral and illegal and you will go to hell.

Ok. Noted! I feel the same way about those cheap neon red maraschino cherries in Manhattans. Gotta go gourmet with deep dark red ones like Luxardo.

7 hours ago, Qwltngcruiser said:

Celebrity stated Eclipse coastal sailings cancelled because Santa Barbara is closed, San Francisco has challenging rules regarding vaccination and Astoria the same.  With no date for the ports fully reopening seems good Celebrity cancelled now.

1 hour ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Celebrity stated Eclipse coastal sailings cancelled because Santa Barbara is closed, San Francisco has challenging rules regarding vaccination and Astoria the same.  With no date for the ports fully reopening seems good Celebrity cancelled now.

I can't recall which thread it was where the folks posting were accusing Celebrity of waiting for final payment, and then just after canceling.  Now it would seem this is an example where that specifically is not the case, but no doubt some will complain about that as well.

As for there being a disconnect between the website going silent on some future cruises which some people have reserved, well it seems possible to me that there is in fact a problem or a bulk reservation or a charter but it's too early to make any final decisions, so they have shut down taking reservations until such time that some things can be worked out.  Sometimes things occur, but it can take 60 days or more to finalize so that next steps can be determined.

I'm not sure why anyone would expect otherwise since everyone clamors for the next wave of sailings to be announced.  As much as two years ahead of time, but you don't expect there to be any changes?  How does that possibly make any sense?