Has Infinity summer been cancelled

york survey

20 hours ago, Cat4158 said:

I’m in the UK. I used the link on the Celebrity Facebook page to send a message. I had a response within a few hours and the responder took my reservation details and moved our Infinity cruise to The Edge. He then moved the cruises that were linked to mine (we were travelling with friends) and ensured that all our cabins were next door to each other as previously. This was within 24 hours of notification that our cruise had been cancelled. Might be worth you trying the same way if you can’t get through on the phone. The responders name is Jack if that helps. Good luck - I hope you get sorted. 

Hi Cat.  Thank you so much for your response.  As we never got any correspondence from Celebrity we were at a complete loss as to how to contact them, however, we got some very helpful information from a lady in celebrity yesterday who gave us a contact number.  We finally got through last night and have been moved to the Reflection for a 10 day cruise which we are very happy about as we specifically wanted to visit Dubrovnik.   Thankfully all has been finalised today for us.  I dealt with Jack a couple of years ago and he was really helpful.   Enjoy your trip on The Edge which looks amazing.  

• Like 1

Their Lift and Chift program did not work for us. Seems we had to good of a deal with the 11 day cruise in October. So what the hell, jump on Beyond's 10 day greek islands cruise in september. Maybe last cruise with them. We are pleased to announce the cancellation of your  Infinity cruise...( in my words)

Tried again to Lift and Shift our reservation to the 10 night Reflection on 6/24. After waiting 45 minutes, the representative agreed to our request and told us it was taken care of. There was no choice of specific cabin, we were simply assigned one that was equivalent to our concierge C2 (but forward rather than the aft we selected on the Infinity). 

Next, we attempted to get my dad's (age 82) cruise Lifted and Shifted since we have been doing all the arrangements for him including paying the deposit. We were told by the representative that he would have to call, which he will not be able to do. So, we asked for a supervisor. About 5 minutes later the same representative came back on and said that since we went through a travel agent, we would have to have our TA call to request the changes for both us and Dad's. I asked to speak to a supervisor anyway, and when he came on he said he could not access or change our reservations since they were transferred to a TA. I find this hard to believe after reading several cruisers on this topic stating that they Lifted and Shifted on their own. Plus, the first representative DID say she lifted and shifted our reservation.

Any thoughts on this? I've left a message with our TA. 

15 minutes ago, kjb1466 said:

Tried again to Lift and Shift our reservation to the 10 night Reflection on 6/24. After waiting 45 minutes, the representative agreed to our request and told us it was taken care of. There was no choice of specific cabin, we were simply assigned one that was equivalent to our concierge C2 (but forward rather than the aft we selected on the Infinity). 

Next, we attempted to get my dad's (age 82) cruise Lifted and Shifted since we have been doing all the arrangements for him including paying the deposit. We were told by the representative that he would have to call, which he will not be able to do. So, we asked for a supervisor. About 5 minutes later the same representative came back on and said that since we went through a travel agent, we would have to have our TA call to request the changes for both us and Dad's. I asked to speak to a supervisor anyway, and when he came on he said he could not access or change our reservations since they were transferred to a TA. I find this hard to believe after reading several cruisers on this topic stating that they Lifted and Shifted on their own. Plus, the first representative DID say she lifted and shifted our reservation.

Any thoughts on this? I've left a message with our TA. 

Yes, if you booked your cancelled cruise thru a TA, the Lift and Shift should be requested by the TA.

But at least now, you know that the Reflection sailing is attainable.  And maybe your TA can get you a C2 cabin at a location more to your liking.

11 hours ago, mahdnc said:

Yes, if you booked your cancelled cruise thru a TA, the Lift and Shift should be requested by the TA.

But at least now, you know that the Reflection sailing is attainable.  And maybe your TA can get you a C2 cabin at a location more to your liking.

Our TA handled it last night. It took her over an hour, and she messaged me throughout the process to keep me updated and ask about cabin locations, none of which were good, in my opinion. In the end, we got Sky Deck 10 VERY Forward. Not thrilled with this, but just glad she was able to take care of my dad's cruise also. 

Thanks so much for your replies to my posts!

11 hours ago, zitsky said:

I did not realize that someone with TA can lift and shift by calling Celebrity directly.

I know I read a post or two on this thread with people indicating that they called Celebrity, made the changes, and then their TA followed up. That's exactly what we were able to do with our cruise yesterday. But, in the end, the supervisor said it couldn't be done. ?? Yet, when my TA contacted Celebrity last night, the Lift and Shift for us was in the computer! The TA was able to change the cabin, and then did the Lift and Shift for my Dad. 

Personally, I think they can do almost anything they choose to do. Some may play by the rules while others bend them. 

3 hours ago, kjb1466 said:

I know I read a post or two on this thread with people indicating that they called Celebrity, made the changes, and then their TA followed up. That's exactly what we were able to do with our cruise yesterday. But, in the end, the supervisor said it couldn't be done. ?? Yet, when my TA contacted Celebrity last night, the Lift and Shift for us was in the computer! The TA was able to change the cabin, and then did the Lift and Shift for my Dad. 

Personally, I think they can do almost anything they choose to do. Some may play by the rules while others bend them. 

Glad it worked out for you.  We didn’t like our choices.  Does this mean you’re a rule breaker now?  😊

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, kjb1466 said:

Our TA handled it last night. It took her over an hour, and she messaged me throughout the process to keep me updated and ask about cabin locations, none of which were good, in my opinion. In the end, we got Sky Deck 10 VERY Forward. Not thrilled with this, but just glad she was able to take care of my dad's cruise also. 

Thanks so much for your replies to my posts!

I am also glad to see that it worked out. 

Obviously you will want to monitor your sailing to see if any better located C2's open up esp around final payment time where your apt to see some cancellations. 

• Thanks 1

Very pleased with my lift and shift.  Moved to 7 night edge from 7 night infinity. Exactly the same dates so no issues with time off work. Got a little refund (£70) as the flights were cheaper. Ports not as attractive but likely to be changed/swooped over the coming months anyway.  Just pleased to be cruising 

• Like 1

Was booked on Infinity’s September 17 sailing from Ravenna to Rome which is on the list as being eligible for Lift and Switch.  My TA called Celebrity and gave them the Reservation Number that is on my booking confirmation and it now comes up as a cruise on the Equinox out of Ft Lauderdale to the Caribbean departing the same day and with the same stateroom number as the Infinity Cruise.  I went on to my cruise planner and sure enough the booking now shows a Caribbean Cruise.  Of course Celebrity is saying that this is not an eligible cruise.  No resolution to this point.

37 minutes ago, blackfly said:

Was booked on Infinity’s September 17 sailing from Ravenna to Rome which is on the list as being eligible for Lift and Switch.  My TA called Celebrity and gave them the Reservation Number that is on my booking confirmation and it now comes up as a cruise on the Equinox out of Ft Lauderdale to the Caribbean departing the same day and with the same stateroom number as the Infinity Cruise.  I went on to my cruise planner and sure enough the booking now shows a Caribbean Cruise.  Of course Celebrity is saying that this is not an eligible cruise.  No resolution to this point.

Facepalm 🤦🏻‍♀️ 

Has anyone that has recently done a lift a shift able to book any extras through cruise planner, anything I try to book is greyed out and says to contact Celebrity. Celebrity are saying it’s an IT issue I wondered if it was just our booking or anyone who was lift and shift? 

50 minutes ago, blackfly said:

If you have your documentation with the original cruise information on it, I’d start with that and tell them YOU didn’t make any changes. I’m sure their records have some indication of who and when the changes were made. It might be encoded and only an IT person can see it, but I’d start forcing the detective work to show it was changed in error 

15 minutes ago, MattandTony1 said:

Has anyone that has recently done a lift a shift able to book any extras through cruise planner, anything I try to book is greyed out and says to contact Celebrity. Celebrity are saying it’s an IT issue I wondered if it was just our booking or anyone who was lift and shift? 

We had to deal with FCC from a different cruise to be applied to  the cruises that were canceled. For me, until those fcc are applied, I can’t book anything. I wonder if the same applies to L&S 

1 hour ago, blackfly said:

You confirmation shows destination right?

Edited by zitsky

3 hours ago, MattandTony1 said:

I did a lift and shift from Infinity 4 June to Reflection 3 June and was able to purchase a shore excursion through cruise planner yesterday. 😊

Edited by PurpleTraveller
  • Thanks 1

On 1/12/2022 at 12:10 AM, MattandTony1 said:

I’m really interested in what is happening now with these sailings, we are due on in July and just looking at the availability and as above they are only showing inside guarantees we only booked this a few weeks ago and there was quite a few cabins left. 

Hoping it’s just a change of ship.

Booked Silhouette for May yesterday ship practically full. Celebrity agent said demand for all European cruises has gone through the roof due to passengers cancelling Caribbean cruises.

1 hour ago, the penguins said:

Booked Silhouette for May yesterday ship practically full. Celebrity agent said demand for all European cruises has gone through the roof due to passengers cancelling Caribbean cruises.

I think lots of UK cruisers are wanting to cruise but not wanting the hassle of flying this year, especially long haul (us included). Not one suite room left on our Canary Island October cruise…

29 minutes ago, chemmo said:

I think lots of UK cruisers are wanting to cruise but not wanting the hassle of flying this year, especially long haul (us included). Not one suite room left on our Canary Island October cruise…

The flight prices out to Miami are extremely high. We moved a 2022 Caribbean booking to a 2023 Europe one. The flight prices were not that different to our cruise cost which was a veranda booking.