Updated Cancellations - 1/11/2022 - From NCL website

KurtMo

From NCL website:

Please note: If your ship is not listed below, we are still sailing as planned. However, as the global public health environment continues to rapidly evolve and destinations around the world modify their travel requirements or implement new travel restrictions, it is possible that itineraries may need to be modified. We will do our best to continue to communicate any changes and always strive to deliver an amazing vacation experience.

Updated on January 11, 2022
The health and safety of our guests, crew and communities we visit is our number one priority. Due to ongoing travel restrictions, a select number of sailings across the fleet have been affected, including:

• Norwegian Pearl cruises with embarkation dates through and including January 17, 2022
  • Norwegian Dawn cruises with embarkation dates through and including January 18, 2022
  • Norwegian Getaway cruises with embarkation dates through and including January 19, 2022
  • Norwegian Escape cruises with embarkation dates through and including January 22, 2022
  • Norwegian Joy cruises with embarkation dates through and including January 22, 2022
  • Norwegian Sky cruises with embarkation dates through and including February 25, 2022
  • Pride of America cruises with embarkation dates through and including February 26, 2022
  • Norwegian Jade cruises with embarkation dates through and including March 3, 2022
  • Norwegian Star cruises with embarkation dates through and including March 19, 2022
  • Norwegian Sun cruises with embarkation dates through and including April 19, 2022
  • Norwegian Spirit cruises with embarkation dates through and including April 23, 2022

If you have an active reservation one of the affected cruises above, you will automatically receive a refund of your cruise fare in the original form of payment for the amount paid. Additionally, a Future Cruise Credit will be automatically added to the guest's account as of January 7, 2022. This discount can be used to make a booking from January 7, 2022 through January 7, 2023 and can be applied towards any sailings through May 31, 2023.

*Should the guest already have a 10% off discount FCC from a previous suspension and have not yet applied that discount FCC to a new reservation, an additional FCC discount will not be issued.

**If this suspended reservation used a previously issued 10% off discount FCC, the 10% off FCC will be returned to your client profile. An additional FCC discount will not be issued.

For affected reservations paid via a previously issued Future Cruise Credit, please know the full value of the FCC used will be re-applied to your Latitudes account within 7 days. This is done automatically, so no further action is required on your or your travel advisor’s part. Learn more about booking a cruise with your FCCs here.

5 minutes ago, Av8torcrj said:

Through and including jan 22 so the 15th departure is canceled?

Don't know which ship you're referring to, but YES - the typical wording is "embarkation dates through and including January 22" so that includes both the 1/15 and 1/22 departures/embarkations.

13 minutes ago, Av8torcrj said:

I’m elated. I waited for this versus FCC.

I'm on the 1/29 sailing of the Escape, so the 1st week back (at this point in time).  Who knows what next week may bring?  I guess I'll play the waiting game...  (Refund preferred over FCC)

1 minute ago, KurtMo said:

I'm on the 1/29 sailing of the Escape, so the 1st week back (at this point in time).  Who knows what next week may bring?  I guess I'll play the waiting game...  (Refund preferred over FCC)

I was considering pulling the trigger on the FCC tomorrow or the next day. I’ve gotten some lip service from them before about not being able to access the reservation inside 72 hours. They probably would have honored the FCC at the last minute but I can never get the same answer from different people at customer service over there. 

Sun is basically doing Asia, between Singapore, Bangkok and Hong Kong until March (can't possibly see those being for overseas visitors arrival for cruises, airlines cutting more flights, mandatory quarantine no-matter-what rules, etc.) and then up to Japan, before its T/P across to the West Coast.  Spirit down under for the Aussies, long odds for that to happen before Omni ...

Pride of Americas for February is the other big ouch but locals aren't exactly putting out the big welcome mat at the moment, tourists be - - - -  

This get NCL extra time to get all onboard the extra boosters ... and for the devil to run its course.  But, I see crew rotation possibly being an issue soon as some of them might be hitting the end of their contract soon, depending on when (where & how too) reported for assignment (many floating around from Asia & EU ports and shuttled between ships).  

19 minutes ago, KurtMo said:

I’m on the 1/29 of the Joy and feel the same. I don’t want an FCC I can’t use by the end of the year and if I could they’ve doubled prices. I’d rather not fly to Miami at this point. Things were different in a November at final payment. Give me a refund and let me drive to the beach for a week instead. At least then I don’t have to worry about testing and quarantines and can get myself home afterward. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, vacruizer said:

I’m on the 1/29 of the Joy and feel the same. I don’t want an FCC I can’t use by the end of the year and if I could they’ve doubled prices. I’d rather not fly to Miami at this point. Things were different in a November at final payment. Give me a refund and let me drive to the beach for a week instead. At least then I don’t have to worry about testing and quarantines and can get myself home afterward. 

Wow, I'm on the following week.  Ready to divert to Vegas if need be as backup plan.

Yep.  I just received the cancellation for my cruise on the Escape this weekend.  I will get a full refund. Yay.  Now I can wait it out until all of this craziness is over!

I am impressed that the refund will come so quickly.  Awesome!

As such, you will receive a full refund that will automatically be returned to the original form of payment provided at the time of your current reservation. No further action is required on your part; your refund will be automatically processed within five business days and will be returned within seven to ten business days from the processed date. 

We were supposed to be on Dawn and suspected it would be cancelled. We'd already booked a land vacation but played chicken with the cruise. My sincere condolences to those who were looking forward to their cruises - if my situation was different I'd be right there with you. 

Glad NCL did the right thing-I was to be on 1/19/22 Getaway sailing-Planned over a year ago-Never been to ABC's-Really wanted to see all three. But with whats going on-good chance if sailing went off that we would not be able to port in any of the three. I don't want a 9 day cruise to nowhere with the chance of spending part or all 9 days in covid-19 solitaire confinement-I am VERY CLAUSTROPHOBIC-I would probably commit suicide if in a windowless/balcony less cabin by myself for who knows how many days till back in Miami.   This made me want to cancel-but didn't want FCC-was hoping they would cancel making my decision easier-because part of me really really wanted to go-as price previously booked was super great with 2x latitudes points. Still super disappointed, but relieved that NCL made the decision for me. Looking forward to Prima cruise booked for 12/3/22.  Best to everyone-we all will cruise well again soon!!!!😷

8 minutes ago, aubreyc1988 said:

So the breakaway out of New Orleans is still a go? 

This is what we are thinking about too. I just did the Bliss the week of Thanksgiving but would consider that also as a 2nd choice.  But the February 5th Escape is still there...just not sure if I want to gamble on it staying.