Rapid Diagnostic Test (ID NOW)

blurrededge

Just now, echoshipmate said:

Don't need one. Whatever you are typing on now will work. It's easy, just need an internet connection and a computer or tablet with a camera. 

That's true for the test, but you have to download the Navica app to create an account. I asked on the emed.com Website to be sure I was understaning it correctly.

1 minute ago, jlnprt said:

This is the one we used. The link in on the HAL website.

Optum: https://store.optum.com *

The Website says After you receive your test, visit eMed.com/app/start-testing to begin your virtual visit. That takes you to a login which requires a Navica account.

Were you able to do the test without using a Navica login??? If so, how???

56 minutes ago, Cruise Suzy said:

The Website says After you receive your test, visit eMed.com/app/start-testing to begin your virtual visit. That takes you to a login which requires a Navica account.

Were you able to do the test without using a Navica login??? If so, how???

We had to log in and set up an account. I ordered two tests and there were prompts to set up separate accounts for me and for dh. I am not the most tech savvy person around (my kids would say that is the understatement of the decade) and the instructions were easy to follow. 

• Like 1

On 1/13/2022 at 10:32 PM, dawei said:

Using my very rusty Danish, I read that Flodhest is asking how to get the required travel testing in Hawaii before flying back home to Denmark.

They will be sailing on HAL from Canada to Hawaii and then flying home from there.

My guess is that Flodhest (Hippopotamus in English) may understand a reply in English from CC members in Hawaii.

David

Hi David. Sorry about the Danish. A little mistake about my question. We are sailing to and from Canada and are flying home from Canada. We have two problems. 1. How to get a 2 days fresh test in Vancouver before sailing (we arrive friday and sail sunday). 2. How to get a test before flying home from Vancouver. We are flying the same day as the ship arrives in Vancouver. Regards Vibeke

On 1/14/2022 at 5:42 PM, blurrededge said:

Using my very rusty Danish, I read that Flodhest is asking how to get the required travel testing in Hawaii before flying back home to Denmark.

They will be sailing on HAL from Canada to Hawaii and then flying home from there.

My guess is that Flodhest (Hippopotamus in English) may understand a reply in English from CC members in Hawaii.

There is a covid testing facility in the Honolulu airport.

https://www.oneoahu.org/covid19-testing

Thanks, but we are flying to and from Vancouver. Is there one here as well? Anyone has a link? Regards Vibeke

Hi @Flodhest  here is a link for the testing at YVR, you will be arriving to that airport if coming into Vancouver, B.C.

https://www.yvr.ca/en/passengers/travel-planning/takecare/covid-19-testing

also the current rules and things can change are that in order to avoid quaratine in Hawaii you need to upload your vaccination record to the Hawaii Safe Travels site, once you do that you will receive a QR code that maybe print and take with you on the cruise ship.

https://travel.hawaii.gov/#/

You will need to set up an account, select the sailing and then upload vaccination record.  You will have to do this for each person travelling.  Also Hawaii (Maui) is thinking about having boosters as part of being fully vaccinated. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/18/2022 at 7:08 PM, Lido deck main said:

Hi @Flodhest  here is a link for the testing at YVR, you will be arriving to that airport if coming into Vancouver, B.C.

https://www.yvr.ca/en/passengers/travel-planning/takecare/covid-19-testing

also the current rules and things can change are that in order to avoid quaratine in Hawaii you need to upload your vaccination record to the Hawaii Safe Travels site, once you do that you will receive a QR code that maybe print and take with you on the cruise ship.

https://travel.hawaii.gov/#/

You will need to set up an account, select the sailing and then upload vaccination record.  You will have to do this for each person travelling.  Also Hawaii (Maui) is thinking about having boosters as part of being fully vaccinated. 

Hi

Thanks. But strange that the cruise line does not inform us do do so?

On 1/13/2022 at 7:09 PM, echoshipmate said:

hard for me to understand relying on a drug store or equivalent, when you can safely and hassle free effectively test in your home at your convenience at any time within the 2 day window and get your results instantly.

Can you provide some additional detail on this apparently stress free testing option? Seems almost too good to be  true. At  this point, we're planning to utilize CVS's free tesingt option, which has worked very well for us in the 2-3 times we have used them in the past 2 years... no issues at all.

4 hours ago, KroozNut said:

Can you provide some additional detail on this apparently stress free testing option? Seems almost too good to be  true. At  this point, we're planning to utilize CVS's free tesingt option, which has worked very well for us in the 2-3 times we have used them in the past 2 years... no issues at all.

Our CVS now charges if the test is for travel.  I believe it was around $140?  That is why I decided to go the Binax at home route, and it is more convenient for timing.  Testing tomorrow so wish me luck!!!

• Like 1

On 1/13/2022 at 9:21 PM, Mooregre said:

I just had a Covid Test cancelled with CVS.  Leaving tomorrow morning for Fort Lauderdale.  I’m wondering what options are available?  
I am very frustrated because I booked this ten days ago.  
I would appreciate any thoughts or recommendations you might have for me.  

Walgreens in FT Lauderdale if you arrive the day before and before 4:30 pm

7 hours ago, KroozNut said:

I agree. That’s where we’ve gone and will continue to go. At home is nice but Not for the price it costs for the tests. No thank you. I’ll stick with CVS. 

3 hours ago, glorialagos said:

Our CVS now charges if the test is for travel.  I believe it was around $140?  That is why I decided to go the Binax at home route, and it is more convenient for timing.  Testing tomorrow so wish me luck!!!

That’s ridiculous! I’d get Binax too for that price. Ours is still free or at least a few days ago it was. 

• Like 1

We are sailing in April and cruise got shortened from 11 days to 9 days. We are coming on the original date and just staying at the beach for a few days. We are going to use beeperMD.com. They will come to your hotel and results are right away and they provide documentation. Cost is free for some reason.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

Any recommendatons for San Diego near the pier?

We tested at home in Florida on the day we flew to San Diego last October.  As a backup, we had appointments at the airport in San Diego.  Not cheap $150pp.

I'm going to try Curative.com for our cruise in April.  It's no charge.  Check the website for locations.

40 minutes ago, Skipper's Mom said:

We tested at home in Florida on the day we flew to San Diego last October.  As a backup, we had appointments at the airport in San Diego.  Not cheap $150pp.

I'm going to try Curative.com for our cruise in April.  It's no charge.  Check the website for locations.

Did you use the SD airport appointment?  Where is it located and/or name of the place.

5 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

Did you use the SD airport appointment?  Where is it located and/or name of the place.

Dave, it was Carbon Health.  They are on the airport grounds.  We didn't use them because we were successful with the Abbott Binax home testing.  In April, I'm going to use Curative which is free!  I am going to test them out prior to our cruise just to be on the safe side.

19 minutes ago, Skipper's Mom said:

Dave, it was Carbon Health.  They are on the airport grounds.  We didn't use them because we were successful with the Abbott Binax home testing.  In April, I'm going to use Curative which is free!  I am going to test them out prior to our cruise just to be on the safe side.

Thanks!  I looked Carbon up and it seems that they are really set up to cover those Hawaii cruise requirements, thus they use a different type of test than the Rapid Antigen we are used to.  Maybe thats why the cost is so high.

16 hours ago, KroozNut said:

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. From other posts on this thread, I hope you have seen the other answers, Emed.com, called binax now, by Abbott, order your tests from them, not from any drugstore, they will ship directly to you by fed ex. These tests are approved by cruise lines as an approved antigen test. We have used their tests, with a proctor on line, through the Navica app, downloadable through Google Playstore for android and apple store for those users for 7 cruises since the restart. It really is simple and hassel free, just follow directions on the packet, do not open till you are online with the proctor. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Doug 

On 2/17/2022 at 3:14 PM, echoshipmate said:

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. From other posts on this thread, I hope you have seen the other answers, Emed.com, called binax now, by Abbott, order your tests from them, not from any drugstore, they will ship directly to you by fed ex. These tests are approved by cruise lines as an approved antigen test. We have used their tests, with a proctor on line, through the Navica app, downloadable through Google Playstore for android and apple store for those users for 7 cruises since the restart. It really is simple and hassel free, just follow directions on the packet, do not open till you are online with the proctor. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Doug 

Disregard all this unnecessary gobbidlygoook information, CVS two weeks out, that's all you need to know.