Positive test result

rjrobbin

This is a what if question.  So, we are traveling to Tamp on Saturday before our Monday departure of the Constellation.  We will be testing at our hotel.  If either of us would test positive, we would be denied boarding.  I understand that.  I was trying to figure out if there would be any reimbursement of our cruise fare,  or would that be covered under our travel insurance.  If this has been answered before or an inappropriate topic here, please forgive me.

If you (or anyone in your traveling party/family) test positive within 14 days of your departure - you can receive a full refund.  Not even FCC....At least that is what Celebrity just told me.   

From their website:  

Book a Celebrity cruise that’s sailing on or before April 30, 2022 and you’ll have the following reassurance at no extra charge:

• 100% cruise fare refund for you, and your Traveling Party, if any of you tests positive for COVID-19 within 14 days prior to the cruise or at the boarding terminal.**. 

**To qualify for a refund, if your COVID-19 test was administered by a provider other than one retained by Celebrity, you must present your verified positive test result in a form acceptable to Celebrity.

18 minutes ago, rjrobbin said:

This is a what if question

A tip for the future: the answer to questions like yours regarding Celebrity's policies are typically found on Celebrity's web site, as you can see from the comment above.  So that's a great place to start.  As for what your insurance would do, policies vary and you need to look at your own policy. 

Hopefully, you will both test negative and your question will be moot. 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lily'sMum said:

If you (or anyone in your traveling party/family) test positive within 14 days of your departure - you can receive a full refund.  Not even FCC....At least that is what Celebrity just told me.   

From their website:  

Book a Celebrity cruise that’s sailing on or before April 30, 2022 and you’ll have the following reassurance at no extra charge:

• 100% cruise fare refund for you, and your Traveling Party, if any of you tests positive for COVID-19 within 14 days prior to the cruise or at the boarding terminal.**. 

**To qualify for a refund, if your COVID-19 test was administered by a provider other than one retained by Celebrity, you must present your verified positive test result in a form acceptable to Celebrity.

1 hour ago, Turtles06 said:

A tip for the future: the answer to questions like yours regarding Celebrity's policies are typically found on Celebrity's web site, as you can see from the comment above.  So that's a great place to start.  As for what your insurance would do, policies vary and you need to look at your own policy. 

Hopefully, you will both test negative and your question will be moot. 🙂

Thank you for the pointer.   I kind of figured it would have to be covered someplace.....Happy cruising.

Can anyone attest that this is what is happening, any personal experiences?  The refund comment doesn't seem very specific, like  could it be a refund via a future cruise credit?   I have a galapagos cruise in two weeks that I am a nervous wreck about one of us testing positive prior to boarding our flight to Ecuador (seems like everyone here in NJ has it!).  I was thinking we'd get a FCC if this were to occur and have to use this huge credit by December 31.  I would much prefer an actual refund to my credit card.  

12 minutes ago, lurkernj said:

Can anyone attest that this is what is happening, any personal experiences?  The refund comment doesn't seem very specific, like  could it be a refund via a future cruise credit?   I have a galapagos cruise in two weeks that I am a nervous wreck about one of us testing positive prior to boarding our flight to Ecuador (seems like everyone here in NJ has it!).  I was thinking we'd get a FCC if this were to occur and have to use this huge credit by December 31.  I would much prefer an actual refund to my credit card.  

I totally agree.  I would call the Galapagos Desk and see if they know, or would find out while you are on hold.  Of course, you need to have that in writing just in case.  I know they are saying that if you have a package they will take care of you, but what exactly does that mean?

Edited by Lastdance

22 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

I totally agree.  I would call the Galapagos Desk and see if they know, or would find out while you are on hold.  Of course, you need to have that in writing just in case.  I know they are saying that if you have a package they will take care of you, but what exactly does that mean?

We do have the 10 day package, but we are on our own getting to Ecuador and preflight testing (require a RT-PCR to get into Ecuador, which isn't as common as a PCR), which is my main concern,.  Once there, Celebrity will test us for the flights to Baltra and the return flight back to the US, as part of our package. 

I was just wondering if someone has actually had to cancel their cruise due to a positive result, and if they actually got a full refund, or a FCC.  For us to re-book this cruise with a FCC, we wouldn't be able to get it for the rate we paid, so it would cost quite a bit more 😞

14 minutes ago, lurkernj said:

We do have the 10 day package, but we are on our own getting to Ecuador and preflight testing (require a RT-PCR to get into Ecuador, which isn't as common as a PCR), which is my main concern,.  Once there, Celebrity will test us for the flights to Baltra and the return flight back to the US, as part of our package. 

I was just wondering if someone has actually had to cancel their cruise due to a positive result, and if they actually got a full refund, or a FCC.  For us to re-book this cruise with a FCC, we wouldn't be able to get it for the rate we paid, so it would cost quite a bit more 😞

My DH and I have been talking about this for weeks now.  I did find out that only a very, very few have been denied entrance to get on the Flora.  The cruises now are getting a refund for the Quito City Tour of $500, per my TA.  We are also flying in early because Celebrity said they would pick us up at the hotel, but now that is not accurate according to them at this time.  We have free air, but upgraded to bus/first.  Our cruise is not until the end of May, but we are still up in the air.  I do not want a FCC, even though I have quite a few cruises booked.  Remember that Quito/Equador has a higher vaccination rate than us.  A friend just returned from Equador and enjoyed it immensely, but always wore a mask throughout her journey.  Again, call the Galapagos Desk.  Information changes all the time, but maybe they can reassure you.  

Edited by Lastdance

3 minutes ago, CruiseRQA said:

Given that Celebrity will refund your cruise fare your travel insurance will not cover that.   Whether they will reimburse your air fare and hotel that were taken and used is a good question.

Most airlines are now offering a cancellation or reschedule of flights for free.   They will give you a credit toward a future flight on their airline.