Eurodam spa Tholassotherapy pool questions

TwinMommyByGrace

My sisters and I will be on the Eurodam in August. We are considering purchasing the thermal pass for the week but had a few questions. First, on videos and pictures  I've seen of the therapy pool it looks as if its surrounded by a couple of walls of windows that overlooks the lido pool area. Are this windows reflective from the outside, or can everyone walking by peer in as you're trying to take a relaxing soak? Also, those that have used the spa pool, on any ship, is it heated and bubbling (without turning on that jetted water fountain in the center)? Thank you for any insight you can provide!

7 hours ago, TwinMommyByGrace said:

Thank you all for your responses. We will definitely be getting the pass now! Can't wait!

I love this amenity on the ships that have them!  I dislike the short time frame of when the bubble-bubble feature works.  Someone has to get out of the pool to "push the buttons" to turn the two features on.  On the Nieuw Statendam, someone in Corporate must have gotten the gist of complaints that were received.  The buttons are able to be reached/activated by someone still in the pool.  

• Thanks 2

On 1/14/2022 at 4:11 AM, ksmaxey said:

It is private - After the tours on Embarkation, no one can see in.  

For bubbles, one has to press the button every so often.

I would say it is "mostly" private.  We were on the Eurodam in Dec and walked by the therapy pool windows daily coming and going from the forward elevator bank to Lido pool area.  The spa staff pulls down privacy blinds on the therapy pool windows but the blinds don't have a fully tight seal.  They do have some gaps, not large gaps, but not totally sealed either.  That said, it's a beautiful therapy pool room so go ahead and enjoy it, blind gaps or not!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, AFNavigator said:

That said, it's a beautiful therapy pool room so go ahead and enjoy it,

The loungers around the side of the pool are very comfortable places to spend some time if the heated ceramic loungers in the Thermal Suite are all in use.  I enjoy using those loungers to read.  Trying to read while lying on the ceramic loungers does not work for me while it does for others as I have seen.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TwinMommyByGrace said:

Just thought of a couple additional questions... Is the depth of the pool about the  same as a hot tub. Also, are there ledges around the edge to sit on or are you standing the time?

We toured but didn't buy the the Eurodam's therapy pool package so can't say from experience the pool layout.  However, here's a vid of the Nieuw Amsterdam''s version....nearly identical.  You definitely will have a place to sit although the water jets are quite vigorious.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AFNavigator said:

We toured but didn't buy the the Eurodam's therapy pool package so can't say from experience the pool layout.  However, here's a vid of the Nieuw Amsterdam''s version....nearly identical.  You definitely will have a place to sit although the water jets are quite vigorious.

Thanks for the video! It actually gives me exactly the information I was looking for. 

On the Pinnacle Class ships, there is a nice ledge on which to sit near the stairs entering the pool.  The others do not have this.  There is a stainless steel rack at one end of the pool on all of the ships that one can slip into fully or just sit on the edge of the rack.  

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2022 at 4:05 PM, TwinMommyByGrace said:

Just thought of a couple additional questions... Is the depth of the pool about the  same as a hot tub. Also, are there ledges around the edge to sit on or are you standing the time?

I would call it almost a paddle pool - you can use it for all sorts of deep stretching exercises and move around by lightly dog paddling.

So it is like the deep end of a hot tub, except a lot more space.  Can't remember the edges because who wanted to ever get out of it?  It is not super hot, just very relaxing and nicely warm, esp on the underwater grid loungers.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, OlsSalt said:

Can't remember the edges because who wanted to ever get out of it?  It is not super hot, just very relaxing and nicely warm, esp on the underwater grid loungers.

The temperature of the water is supposed to be close to body temperature.  On the Nieuw Statendam, and I suppose the other two ships of that Class, two major improvements were made to this pool.  There is a ledge under water near the steps entering the pool for a guest to sit without using the underwater grid loungers (that might be difficult for some to access).  The buttons to turn on the timer for the "bubbly-bubbly" has been located closer to the edge of the pool so that someone does not have to leave the pool to push those darn buttons to reactivate the "bubbly-bubbly".  

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Cyberhwk said:

...and are masks required in this area?  Or is it like the exercise area where they don't really enforce things that strictly?

A few people wear masks in the tile lounger area, but no masks in pools, steam rooms, sauna.

On 1/16/2022 at 12:56 AM, AFNavigator said:

This looks pretty amazing.

Which HAL ships have a facility like this?

Thanks!

GC

• 3 weeks later...