New Year Baby’s Panorama Birthday Cruise

bdever

I wanted to add that while on the sailing Israel got a scratchy throat on day 5 and subsequently tested positive. He was quarantined for the rest of the sailing with Zoran brought in from Pig & Anchor to cover for him in Havana Bar.

When we docked in Long Beach on 1/8/22 he was off the ship and quarantined to a Princess ship they are using for positive crew until the next sailing on 1/15/22. 

On my sailing Alejandro & Bryan from Midnight Project Band in Havana were also quarantined on the Princess ship that went to San Diego for the week. Alejandro went live on fb from the ship 1/2/22 and Israel and I saw his balcony cabin and got to participate in his live!!!!! 

Bryan and Alejandro were subsequently back on board for the 1/8/22 sailing and Alejandro said they did not have symptoms and had received the booster.

1 hour ago, garbar said:

Islah was my stateroom attendant in Nov.. I didn’t meet him until day 3 or 4.. he was a stealthy magician those first few days.

Stealthy 🥷 is a great word for Islah. He did point something out to me that only a stealthy person would notice. A great asset to have. Appreciate that about him, because I need a stealthy 🥷 person to have my back. 

I'm really happy to see that you knew to book a Havana cabana.  So many people that book a cruise on Carnival Panorama don't even know about the Havana area...  and then they get onboard and see it, with a pool and two hot tubs, completely un-crowded, and are so disappointed to find out that they can't get in to it because they didn't book a cabin in the Havana area.  Booking a Havana Cabana like you did is definitely the way to go.

Also, I'm equally happy to see that you took the excursion to Las Caletas beach.  That's another thing that if people only knew about it, they would definitely go.  It's one of my favorite shore excursions anywhere in the world...  and I've been on over 50 cruises.

We are so fortunate to have Carnival Panorama based in California so that those of us that live on the west coast can experience one of the best cruise ships in the world without having to fly to Florida.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spaniel Lover said:

I'm really happy to see that you knew to book a Havana cabana.  So many people that book a cruise on Carnival Panorama don't even know about the Havana area...  and then they get onboard and see it, with a pool and two hot tubs, completely un-crowded, and are so disappointed to find out that they can't get in to it because they didn't book a cabin in the Havana area.  Booking a Havana Cabana like you did is definitely the way to go.

Also, I'm equally happy to see that you took the excursion to Las Caletas beach.  That's another thing that if people only knew about it, they would definitely go.  It's one of my favorite shore excursions anywhere in the world...  and I've been on over 50 cruises.

We are so fortunate to have Carnival Panorama based in California so that those of us that live on the west coast can experience one of the best cruise ships in the world without having to fly to Florida.

OMG 😳 Jim Zim read my review and commented!!!!!!!!!! Jim!!!!!!!! Your YouTube Videos on Panorama and the Havana Experience I watch over and over and over again!!!! It’s you voice!!!! And the cinematography and the editing!!!!!

Seriously Jim, I have to keep going back to Las Caletas because it’s too big and there’s more things to do!! I keep booking the Panorama Havana because it’s parked in my backyard and it never gets old!

I even made my mom watch your YouTube videos and she hasn’t even been on Panorama! I am so humbled you read and responded. Thank you 🙏🏻 for being a positive influence on my travel decisions! 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mrak said:

Can you share what exactly this Pump and Glory is? A cocktail with fresh ground pepper certainly sounds interesting! 

Vodka, muddled cucumber 🥒 and mint, St. Germain, lime juice, lemon 🍋 simple, garnished with a cucumber 🥒 wheel and fresh ground pepper. 

This is a STRONG drink! My personal limit that I’ve reached is 3. My mom had 4 I think 🤔 at Pump and she doesn’t remember the Uber ride back to my condo. At 3 I’m super feeling good 👍. Eschalon had 4 on the 12/31/21 sailing and she was lit 🔥 

attached are pics of the original as made by bartenders at Pump in WeHo and the Alchemy Bar version on Panorama. I told Tijana now that she knows how to make Lisa Vanderpump’s signature cocktail 🍸 she can apply for an open bar position at one of her restaurants 😉

CFE16B2D-F274-499F-93B0-94C6DFBBC6DA.jpeg

22B4D702-CB41-4D62-89B0-B2197B38D7CF.jpeg

973479D6-4DBE-41EB-9211-D9607DF68E1C.jpeg

15AEB612-67E5-4BAA-85B7-42289089AFC8.jpeg

Edited by bdever
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, bdever said:

Vodka, muddled cucumber 🥒 and mint, St. Germain, lime juice, lemon 🍋 simple, garnished with a cucumber 🥒 wheel and fresh ground pepper. 

This is a STRONG drink! My personal limit that I’ve reached is 3. My mom had 4 I think 🤔 at Pump and she doesn’t remember the Uber ride back to my condo. At 3 I’m super feeling good 👍. Eschalon had 4 on the 12/31/21 sailing and she was lit 🔥 

attached are pics of the original as made by bartenders at Pump in WeHo and the Alchemy Bar version on Panorama. I told Tijana now that she knows how to make Lisa Vanderpump’s signature cocktail 🍸 she can apply for an open bar position at one of her restaurants 😉

Thank you! We will be on the Panorama in March...who do I ask to make this that knows the recipe? haha

2 minutes ago, mrak said:

Thank you! We will be on the Panorama in March...who do I ask to make this that knows the recipe? haha

Ask Aladdin, Adi, or Tijana. Aladdin & Adi are in Alchemy and Tijana is in Pig & Anchor right now. I think Zoran who is also in Pig & Anchor knows how. You can also show them a screen shot of the post with pics and they can make it verbatim. If they do not have the fresh ground pepper you can get some from the steak house or pig & Anchor. 

Even though I’m lit right now, I just want to say there were many specific times due this cruise where I had the distinct feeling of “because this is not a dress rehearsal 🥰” & that feeling to me is my everything. 

On 1/14/2022 at 11:06 AM, Spaniel Lover said:

Can you tell me if there is any difference in the beds in the cabana suite? It the description it says pillow top mattress where as the other cabana cabins do not. I’m wondering if there really is a topper or if it’s no different than all the cabin mattresses. I usually have to bring a mattress topper since I have a spine disease and the beds are so hard. Any help would be appreciated!

14 hours ago, smellywax said:

Can you tell me if there is any difference in the beds in the cabana suite? It the description it says pillow top mattress where as the other cabana cabins do not. I’m wondering if there really is a topper or if it’s no different than all the cabin mattresses. I usually have to bring a mattress topper since I have a spine disease and the beds are so hard. Any help would be appreciated!

No mattress topper whatsoever. You are sleeping on a flat surface mattress that feels extremely flat and firm. Bring whatever you can to improve upon that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bdever said:

No mattress topper whatsoever. You are sleeping on a flat surface mattress that feels extremely flat and firm. Bring whatever you can to improve upon that.

I am doing a do over with just my husband and myself for my 50th in the cabin next to the one you had. This time no Carnival photos (we had our masks off a lot when taking photos with all the family). Questions: 1. What is that grapefruit drink you had? Is it alcohol or just carbonated? 2. Was your cabin noises from the cabana bar on nights you didn’t go? 3. What was the name of the glass store you buy your glass wear in Cabo? 4. Did you do the daytime all inclusive Las Caletas trip through the ship or on your own? 5. Was that little radio thing you had, a Bluetooth speaker to play music? Thanks for all your help!

1 hour ago, smellywax said:

I am doing a do over with just my husband and myself for my 50th in the cabin next to the one you had. This time no Carnival photos (we had our masks off a lot when taking photos with all the family). Questions: 1. What is that grapefruit drink you had? Is it alcohol or just carbonated? 2. Was your cabin noises from the cabana bar on nights you didn’t go? 3. What was the name of the glass store you buy your glass wear in Cabo? 4. Did you do the daytime all inclusive Las Caletas trip through the ship or on your own? 5. Was that little radio thing you had, a Bluetooth speaker to play music? Thanks for all your help!

1. Grapefruit Bubly - carbonated flavored water.

2. Cabin noises from the creaking of the ship when it moves. The creaking reverberates through the framing of the cabana sliders. 
3. Blown Glass Factory @ Col. El Arenal, mza. 14 lote 15. Taxi ride needed.

4. Must book Las Caletas through Carnival as ship arrives at 9 AM and booking through Vallarta Adventures direct would mean a 8 AM excursion departure. 
5. Muzen FM radio and Bluetooth metal speaker. $129 but worth it! 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, bdever said:

1. Grapefruit Bubly - carbonated flavored water.

2. Cabin noises from the creaking of the ship when it moves. The creaking reverberates through the framing of the cabana sliders. 
3. Blown Glass Factory @ Col. El Arenal, mza. 14 lote 15. Taxi ride needed.

4. Must book Las Caletas through Carnival as ship arrives at 9 AM and booking through Vallarta Adventures direct would mean a 8 AM excursion departure. 
5. Muzen FM radio and Bluetooth metal speaker. $129 but worth it! 

Blown Glass Factory San Miguel 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bdever said:

Blown Glass Factory San Miguel 

Thank you so much for the tips! How is your new job going? What do you do? By the way, I asked about getting a 4th booster, but they said I couldn’t get it until the end of February 🤷‍♀️.

42 minutes ago, smellywax said:

Thank you so much for the tips! How is your new job going? What do you do? By the way, I asked about getting a 4th booster, but they said I couldn’t get it until the end of February 🤷‍♀️.

I love ❤️ my new job as a collections supervisor at a luxury travel agency that books travel for entertainment clients, corporate events. 
4 th booster needs to be done 6 months from last vaccination date. Although I have also heard 5 months out so maybe the guidelines have been changed from 6 to 5. Also note that a 4th dose is recommended for immunocompromised children between ages 5-11 as well now. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bdever said:

Have you tried sleeping on top of the duvet and snuggling under two top sheets? It feels wonderful and I always get a good rest. Welcome back and many thanks for the fun review. In several photos your eyes conjure shades of Elizabeth Taylor 😉 

Edited by sanmarcosman
  • Thanks 1