Cabo Wabo

avenger71

On 1/14/2022 at 4:40 PM, CruiserBruce said:

Taxi. But it's less than a 15 minute walk. Is mobility an issue? Or will it be after your visit?🤣

HAHAHA!  Mobility is not an issue, but you have a valid point about after the visit!  🤣  Thank you for the information.  Is the walk a safe walk?

Just my opinion and maybe you are a huge Sammy fan and have your heart set on Cabo Wabo...but IMO its super overrated...it's a tourist trap really...over crowded, overpriced and nothing special...been there a few times, even once when Sammy was there for his bday...but I still would rather spend my time and money at Mango Deck or Sand Bar (also tourist traps but)...for me those places are just more fun....and less cheesy....also more conveniently located off ship.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, famof4togo said:

also more conveniently located off ship.  

Depends what you mean.  Mango Deck and Sand Bar are further from the tender pier.  Cabo Wabo is  an easy walk.  To go to the others requires a land or water taxi or a substantially longer walk.

I also don't like to sit on the beach at Mango Deck as the view is distracted by the continuous flow of vendors all selling largely the same.  I have never been to the Sand Bar, but I assume it is the same.

• 5 weeks later...

Walk it or have a bike taxi take you. Honestly, Cabo Wabo is a tourist trap. Just went there in Oct., bought some drumsticks and souvenirs then went and hung out somewhere else. We wanted to have some drinks there, they told us no, you have to buy food! We bailed!

3 hours ago, klfhngr said:

Walk it or have a bike taxi take you. Honestly, Cabo Wabo is a tourist trap. Just went there in Oct., bought some drumsticks and souvenirs then went and hung out somewhere else. We wanted to have some drinks there, they told us no, you have to buy food! We bailed!

We had great drinks only at the Giggling Marlin last month...not crowded at all...this is a favorite place of ours as we avoid Cabo Wabo.

• Like 2