Wondering about Suites on Wonder OTS

hmmm I have heard they have less suites. Also being a new ship, folks are grabbing what they can.

But I also have heard that TA grab some rooms as well.

Keep checking it could also be a fluke with the website.

I will now go and see for myself.   good luck if you really want one

Since RCI has been offering me to bid up on suites that are more expensive than the ones we've already booked, it's obvious that they are having trouble selling the most expensive ones for cruises coming up in the next couple of months . . . . .  yet they've sold every one, on every sailing, more than a year from now.  Nope.  Not buying it.  Bet they'll open eventually (perhaps as early as the next few days, per party who replied earlier).

32 minutes ago, RC Twosome said:

it's obvious that they are having trouble selling the most expensive ones

Because they doubled the prices! It's ridiculous. We only book Star Class suites and they are literally double the price of pre-pandemic levels. We haven't booked any and refuse to pay these prices.

3 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

hmmm I have heard they have less suites. Also being a new ship, folks are grabbing what they can.

But I also have heard that TA grab some rooms as well.

Keep checking it could also be a fluke with the website.

I will now go and see for myself.   good luck if you really want one

Travel agents are not allowed to hold any suites in group inventory.  They must be deposited and named bookings to vbe held.

There are only a handful of categories that TA's are allowed to hold in groups and we only hold space not actual cabins until they are named and deposited. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, RC Twosome said:

I have been checking out cruises for winter of 2023, and EVERY sailing of Wonder of the Seas shows that ALL suites are SOLD OUT !   That is so totally unlikely ..... anyone have an answer for this?

Suites on Wonder from November 2023 onwards were blocked by Royal while they accommodated all the movement from Harmony over to Wonder when they announced the change in ships.   Any remaining suites will be released once all the moves are completed. 

3 hours ago, RC Twosome said:

Man, that would be an awful lot of people coming off Harmony. I'm telling you, EVERY suite - in EVERY price range - shows SOLD OUT - for EVERY sailing date.  Somethings up.

This is totally normal while they accommodate the suite guests from Harmony to Wonder.  It is all done manually as cabins do not match up from one ship to another.  They block off all suites so no one can book cabins before the guests from Harmony are accommodated. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Travel agents are not allowed to hold any suites in group inventory.  They must be deposited and named bookings to vbe held.

There are only a handful of categories that TA's are allowed to hold in groups and we only hold space not actual cabins until they are named and deposited. 

oh, good to know and I guess that makes if fair to us on-line people who like to book our own, 

Thanks for reply.

BTW, which beach is your USUAL beach.  For me I love any in Bermuda or Antigua or Hawaii.

4 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

oh, good to know and I guess that makes if fair to us on-line people who like to book our own, 

Thanks for reply.

BTW, which beach is your USUAL beach.  For me I love any in Bermuda or Antigua or Hawaii.

ST Kitts, which ironically we have not been back to since our first cruise in 2011 where my then 10 year old daughter said "Daddy, we should make this our usual beach".  been cruising twice a year since then.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

ST Kitts, which ironically we have not been back to since our first cruise in 2011 where my then 10 year old daughter said "Daddy, we should make this our usual beach".  been cruising twice a year since then.

aw cute story that your daughter helped you come up with a cc name.  

I thought of anchors awat and did a variation.

toodles

• Like 1