BIBAX AG CARD

RoePost

Hope someone can help with this. I have emailed Emed twice and they do not respond 
My binax test kits show an expiration date of  2021 -11 - 05.  I assume this to be Nov 5 2021
With the 3 month extension that would make them February 5 2022. But I have heard rumors that they have been extended an additional 3 months which would make the expiration date May 5 2022.  Can someone please clear this up for me.  We have 6 kits and cruises booked in April.  Will these kits qualify ??  Thank you in advance. 

1 minute ago, RoePost said:

Hope someone can help with this. I have emailed Emed twice and they do not respond 
My binax test kits show an expiration date of  2021 -11 - 05.  I assume this to be Nov 5 2021
With the 3 month extension that would make them February 5 2022. But I have heard rumors that they have been extended an additional 3 months which would make the expiration date May 5 2022.  Can someone please clear this up for me.  We have 6 kits and cruises booked in April.  Will these kits qualify ??  Thank you in advance. 

46FFDE62-DD0C-441F-A050-CAC837FFDF01.jpeg

Thank you Jaden13 but I am asking if an additional 3 months has been approved. 
I know about the initial 3 month extension but have heard an additional extension has been granted.  Help anyone??

I had only heard that the FDA had extended another 3 mos for 1 million tests that were discovered in a warehouse in Florida.  Haven’t heard

any other ones were extended further than the initial 3 mos.

Have you tried calling Optum?  You would need to go onto their website to check hours.  They would know.

18 minutes ago, RoePost said:

For Optum Store customer support contact:
Hours of operation:
7am - 9pm CST Monday - Friday | 9am - 6pm CST Saturday - Sunday 
9am - 6pm CST Memorial Day (May 31) & Independence Day (July 4)

Optum is the store that sells these kits.
They should definitely be able to answer your question.  Let us know what they ssy.

2 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Not sure, but there's an extreme shortage of tests.  Can you sell the ones you have (for whatever you paid), and just order ones with a new expiration date?

Yes things can change quickly, but that would have to come from the FDA.

Thank you.  I believe my tests are sufficient until May.  I will call optum  and ask. 

Please let us know.  Does that apply to the new tests being mailed out now?

The expiration on the box says Nov 2022.

Just be aware. We got a batch of these at work. Original expiration was 9/21. When employees tried using them last month, Emed would not let them test. Once they looked at the sticker they said to throw them away and refused to monitor the testing.

5 minutes ago, sanger727 said:

Just be aware. We got a batch of these at work. Original expiration was 9/21. When employees tried using them last month, Emed would not let them test. Once they looked at the sticker they said to throw them away and refused to monitor the testing.

Could that have been after Dec 21, after the 3 mo extension?  And before the decision to extend them for 6 mos?

Now that they were opened, they are no good for sure.  I’d apply for a refund, for the opened ones.

I remember the ones we got last year had a sticker that said they were good 3 mos past the box expiration date.

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

Could that have been after Dec 21, after the 3 mo extension?  And before the decision to extend them for 6 mos?

Now that they were opened, they are no good for sure.  I’d apply for a refund, for the opened ones.

I remember the ones we got last year had a sticker that said they were good 3 mos past the box expiration date.

yes, it’s possible. We got a large case at work. We aren’t worried about the handful that have been opened. Just wondering if we can use the rest. This happened as recently as 2 or 3weeks ago. Not sure when the 6 month extension was decided.

6 minutes ago, sanger727 said:

yes, it’s possible. We got a large case at work. We aren’t worried about the handful that have been opened. Just wondering if we can use the rest. This happened as recently as 2 or 3weeks ago. Not sure when the 6 month extension was decided.

Did you check the emed website?  Someone pasted it from their website 

above showing the 6 month extension.
Surely the proctors are aware?