Mardi Gras 1/22…upgrade fairy just called

sbestmann

Definitely cancellations.

In the last week, I got an upgrade on my upcoming Mardi Gras (Balcony to Ocean Suite), and I have a Guaranteed Balcony Cabin for an April Panama Canal cruise that just got assigned a balcony cabin (which is great because I now don’t have stress about ending up with an obstructed balcony for a long cruise!).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, pinklucky61 said:

Got offered an upgrade too, but we have balcony cabin next to family. Darn family!😆

Glad you could take advantage of it.

19 hours ago, sbestmann said:

Offered me an Ocean Suite for $278…we took it. Woot.

How does one get upgraded? Do they call or send a email or do you have to request? Also can you ask for a upgrade while on the ship? We have a terrible interior cabin in the front of the ship currently. 

Upgrades are seemingly plentiful right now. I just got back from a sailing last week that claimed 2k cancellations. I don't know if I fully believe that number. However, there were about that many people less than full capacity. It's a way for the cruise line to get more money for simply shifting you to a new room. Everyone wins. Enjoy!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tx121 said:

How does one get upgraded? Do they call or send a email or do you have to request? Also can you ask for a upgrade while on the ship? We have a terrible interior cabin in the front of the ship currently. 

They will call, send an email or it will appear in the To Do list of your cruise manager.  The 2 times that I've been offered an upgrade were through an email offer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/18/2022 at 6:30 AM, tx121 said:

Saw ours on cruise manager page, upgrade was for a fee.

On 1/17/2022 at 3:29 PM, pinklucky61 said:

Got offered an upgrade too, but we have balcony cabin next to family. Darn family!😆

Glad you could take advantage of it.

Family can walk off the extra pizza if they were really desperate to visit my upgraded suite! I would move and be like sorry folks🤣

Edited by travelplus
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

I got a call two days before our cruise and saw the 305 area code.  It was Carnival offering a Spa Suite for $350.  We had a Spa balcony booked and thought "why not".  Loved it!

At that price there is no deliberation.

• Like 1