Hawaii covid update

carbon

1 hour ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I can confirm that you are wrong. Just so there is no question, here is an email directly from the office manager of Lahaina Grill. I’m sure they will appreciate accurate information being shared.

So first off, it only went into effect yesterday. What I said several days ago was speculation based on what I have seen in other places where the vaccine mandate was lifted, but that some restaurants chose to keep it for whatever reason they have. But hey, keeping score is fun right?

1 hour ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I can confirm that you are wrong. Just so there is no question, here is an email directly from the office manager of Lahaina Grill. I’m sure they will appreciate accurate information being shared.820967D2-78C8-489A-B087-7FCBF935B7CC.thumb.jpeg.f9948d940f65ae1fc1814524f669f3f1.jpeg

So far there have been zero reports of any restaurant keeping the vax card requirement in place since the mandate expired. Tommy Bahamas is are waiting for corporatist approval before making the change, which should come today or tomorrow.

@carbon all of these recommendations are great but they are Lahaina. Last I read I thought you were going to stay on the Kahului side of the island and not cross over the Pali? If that’s the case, let us know and you will get lots of recommendations :). 

I would add one recommendation to the list and luckily there is a location in both kaanapali or Wailea. You can get the amazing Monkey Pod Mai Tai topped with lilikoi foam. If there is a better Mai Tai on the island I haven’t found it. Only $10 during happy hour which also offers 1/2 off apps. It’s a tourist spot for sure, but I dream of those mai Tais. Yummm

We are taking the ships tour Lahina on your own.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, princeton123211 said:

So first off, it only went into effect yesterday. What I said several days ago was speculation based on what I have seen in other places where the vaccine mandate was lifted, but that some restaurants chose to keep it for whatever reason they have. But hey, keeping score is fun right?

Now now… don’t get it twisted. What you said in your second post on this subject (see below circled in red) was that Lahaina Grill and Fleetwoods were going to keep the vaccine requirement “even after” the mandate was lifted.

Being wrong isn’t a bad thing, but CONFIRMING Incorrect information hurts both Lahaina grill and CC forum members.

I wasn’t trying to keep score, i was going behind you providing accurate information to clean up the thread. Two Very different things.  

But hey, why not…

BermudaBound- 3

Princeton- 0.

80782C1F-8EBC-45D3-AFA2-A6965757C34C.png

1 hour ago, carbon said:

We are taking the ships tour Lahina on your own.

Didn't check, but seem to remember you are docking at Kahului.  If so, we personally feel the Lahaina On Your Own tour is a wise choice.  In case you hadn't thought about it, sit on the driver's side of the bus going to Lahaina and the passenger side returning for the best ocean views during those drives.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Silver Sweethearts said:

Didn't check, but seem to remember you are docking at Kahului.  If so, we personally feel the Lahaina On Your Own tour is a wise choice.  In case you hadn't thought about it, sit on the driver's side of the bus going to Lahaina and the passenger side returning for the best ocean views during those drives.

Thanks for the tip!

• 2 weeks later...

I started a new thread but for anyone following here, as of March 25th, the safe travels program will end. Yesterday govenor ige announced he would also remove the indoor mask mandate on the same date. On March 26th, Hawaii will have virtually zero covid protocols remaining. 🙂