Iona missing Funchal?

Wonky

23 minutes ago, Wonky said:

Hello all, anyone on board Iona currently? MIL on board and no contact so had a look on AIS and it appears to be heading for Tenerife after donutting in Funchal harbour! Nothing bad going on I hope?

It may be weather related.One of the Saga ships had 2 attempts of docking at Funchal a couple of days ago before aborting the attempt and heading on

Hello! On Iona now- captain aborted trying to dock as the wind on the beam was pushing the ship despite thrusters. So they aborted and now we are docked in a sunny (but windy) Tenerife. The captain has been keeping us well informed about the stormy conditions; hopefully we have seen the worst now. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

14 hours ago, GremlinOfTheSea said:

Hello! On Iona now- captain aborted trying to dock as the wind on the beam was pushing the ship despite thrusters. So they aborted and now we are docked in a sunny (but windy) Tenerife. The captain has been keeping us well informed about the stormy conditions; hopefully we have seen the worst now. 

I have question as you are onboard now 

how much does a bottle of gin and some tonics , to drink in the cabin, cost?    
i found this in the t’s and c’s 

should guests wish to enjoy a drink in their cabin, they will be able to refer to the in-cabin directory which has a selection of spirits and wines which can be purchased by the bottle, 

Edited by Lindypops