QUARANTINE CABINS BEING USED PER SHIP - SELF REPORT

Cruisegoer

Since Celebrity is very tight lipped disclosing which cabins are being utilized as Quarantine/Isolation cabins pre-cruise, why don't we have current and past passengers identify what they've seen on the ship and which cabin sections were being blocked off to passengers.  Per BennyBun's review of the Apex last week Deck 6 of the Apex and even # cabins on Deck 3 appear to have been barred from guest access.  Strangely I haven't seen any reports of displaced passengers on the Apex.

25 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

There’s a current thread about this issue already on Apex with a suite passenger trying to decide what might happen to his stateroom assignment.

Thread???

I will be in A suite on Apex.Would like to know more.

Edited by verizon

Just ran into a lady we have met on the cruise. Her husband is one of the 5 positive cases on board Equinox. She said he is in a large balcony cabin on deck 6 (don’t know that there are any large cabins but I think she meant a larger than normal 😎). She had to quarantine in their cabin for 24 hours but she’s out and about now after testing negative 3 times in 24 hours. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

There’s a current thread about this issue already on Apex with a suite passenger trying to decide what might happen to his stateroom assignment.

No there isn't a current thread like this, my post expands the entire Celebrity fleet, not only the Apex and is for future cruisers.  The post you reference seems to be about one persons "forced move". 

1 hour ago, Cruisegoer said:

No there isn't a current thread like this, my post expands the entire Celebrity fleet, not only the Apex and is for future cruisers.  The post you reference seems to be about one persons "forced move". 

your original post never stated fleet wide, though you did mention Apex 3 times.  Be more specific

1 minute ago, LGW59 said:

your original post never stated fleet wide, though you did mention Apex 3 times.  Be more specific

Did you look at the subject line? Must I be more specific than that?

I've mentioned Apex because that's the ship I'm scheduled to be on in a few weeks......I think other future cruise passengers would also like to hear about their ships hence I suggested a fleet wide reporting here.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, kathynorth said:

If anyone who has been displaced is following this thread, it would be great if they would post when they were notified and where they were moved to.

good lord there are tons of posts about this already, just what we need is another redundant ask

IMO it's not very nice of fellow CC members to criticize someone else's inquiry. If you don't want to follow this thread then don't. There are mentions here and there in other threads, but as the OP points out, no place to find this specific info without hunting through numerous threads. In addition to finding out which areas of the ship are being used for isolation, it will also be helpful to know when the ships stop using these areas.

18 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

good lord there are tons of posts about this already, just what we need is another redundant ask

Edited by kathynorth
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I think this is a great topic. I'm booked on the Edge next week and would love to know what floors they are using to quarantine. Celebrity says they think it's deck 3. I'm claustrophobic and really concerned I could be put in an indoor room.

• Like 2

Wow people really look for anything to argue about!  OP clearly stated she was looking for fleet-wide displacements and where they were being quarantined on that particular ship. if you don’t like it or can’t understand it, then move on grumpy! Hope your attitude improves before you board a ship!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, cwaj45 said:

I think this is a great topic. I'm booked on the Edge next week and would love to know what floors they are using to quarantine. Celebrity says they think it's deck 3. I'm claustrophobic and really concerned I could be put in an indoor room.

My understanding is that some Celebrity ships use 3rd deck ocean view (M class) and others - deck 6 balcony cabins but not 💯 so  I also would love to hear a breakdown! 

9 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

That was me and I was told that the passengers in the Retreat cabins on deck 6 (4 of them) will still be allowed to access the cabins....Kinda weird but OK!

8 hours ago, verizon said:

Thread???

I will be in A suite on Apex.Would like to know more.

If you have an S3 on deck 6, you will keep your cabin and the rest of deck 6 will be crew. The doors will be closed and say crew only but the passengers in those 4 cabins will have access.

• Thanks 2