Independence Cancelled

orville99

1 hour ago, billslowsky said:

Are you going to Labadee soon?  You can go if you book this cruise according to RCI!

Trust them! 

Rah rah!

I'll have to look that up. To many to keep track of.

Original bookings coming up

Symphony - March 7

Harmony - April 8

Mariner - May 13

Now I need to check app and see if that's a go

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I'll have to look that up. To many to keep track of.

Original bookings coming up

Symphony - March 7

Harmony - April 8

Mariner - May 13

Now I need to check app and see if that's a go

Symphony and Harmony are a go. Mariner dropped Haiti and DR then added Bonaire to make it a real ABC trip. Not losing sleep over that.

24 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Apologies, you avoided a direct question. How does one interpret that

And there's alway this😉

20220120_094427.thumb.jpg.cd380ffb911a69b31f2f73c5173bc85b.jpg

I only post completed cruises.  When I will be home or on vacation in the future is no one's business but mine.

Now go ahead and demonstrate that you know for a fact that "he doesn't cruise with anyone anymore".  Show us how reliable your posts are.  You made a statement; back it up.

• Haha 1

Many charter sailings recently are being canceled because passengers are concerned about the risks involving Covid. I just recently returned from a ten day Caribbean sailing on Holland America’s Nieuw Statendam from January 2nd to January 12th from Port Everglades. The ship was scheduled to have sixteen hundred plus passengers. When we arrived at Terminal 21 it was a ghost town at 1:00PM. We entered the terminal and were told that the sailing was all ready down to nearly only six hundred passengers on a ship that holds normally twenty seven hundred at double occupancy. It was sad but we had the ship to ourselves. As for charters we were told by crew that the Nieuw Amsterdam canceled three seven day charters in a row because three organizations canceled at the last minute. One of the charters wasn’t a full charter and Holland America decided it wasn’t  reasonable to continue a sailing with less than three hundred passengers.When we returned on January 12th we saw the Nieuw Amsterdam tied up at a terminal across from us.

Seems like folks here don’t really know why charters are being canceled. Maybe cruise line, maybe the chartering entity. If it isn’t because of the chartered, why would the cruise line not want the revenue that a short cruise would generate and just cancel.

It seems like there is no way around the whole thing being Covid related . . .