Carnival Mardi Gras - 1/22 Sailing live

IntrepidFromDC

7 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Finally tried MDR on last seaday brunch so we could get our free Platinum cappuccinos.

20220128_011621.jpg

16433928377349113781305522227059.jpg

I may need a new monitor.  I was trying to figure out why they were serving you breakfast in front of the Fun shop.

• Haha 4

I do not want to offend anyone who likes Guy's Pig and Anchor. It was terrible.  The live band was bad. Possibly the worst beans I've had in 50 years. Chicken so dry it crumbled. Brisket so salty it was inedible... and I LOVE BRISKET.  My daughter agrees 100%.  So in our judgment,  the three YTD restaurants that are free for dinner are 2 hits and 1 miss. We would gladly eat at Chibang again and Cucina many times! 

20220128_203112.jpg

20220128_203350.jpg

20220128_202707.jpg

• Like 5

Guest BasicSailor
4 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

I do not want to offend anyone who likes Guy's Pig and Anchor. It was terrible.  The live band was bad. Possibly the worst beans I've had in 50 years. Chicken so dry it crumbled. Brisket so salty it was inedible... and I LOVE BRISKET.  My daughter agrees 100%.  So in our judgment,  the three YTD restaurants that are free for dinner are 2 hits and 1 miss. We would gladly eat at Chibang again and Cucina many times! 

20220128_203112.jpg

20220128_203350.jpg

That comment would not offend me, Guy's Pig and Anchor has fallen down for my taste a few years now.

7 hours ago, kwbrad said:

That stinks. 

What gifts have you gotten as part of the premier cruise?  My June cruise on the Mardi Gras is a premier cruise as well.  

We had a bunch of Premier and Ultra and Platinum stuff delivered but impossible to tell one from the others.

5 hours ago, cruisemom2 said:

That's what I was wondering.  I don't think it would be weather related - except it's going to drop into the low 40s here overnight and I'm not happy about that.

Care to switch... we're getting up to a foot of snow tonight. 😱

1. Made it through, seems like a good cruise.  Pretty cold in and out of FL though.  I also heard (i think on Jimbo's thread) that it was really windy in i think Cozumel, he even had a picture of a water spout!   Regardless, wish we could have saled with you this week but now looking forward to 3/19 on the Horizon!   Safe travels getting back north!
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

20220128_203112.jpg

20220128_203350.jpg

20220128_202707.jpg

I must have asked at least 20 people on the cruise "Are you jimbo on cruisecritic?" but all said no. We docked about six hours early, to avoid the storm in the Atlantic per the captain.  Early self-assist debarkation was also a little early,  we got down to the theater on deck 6 about 10 minutes early and the line was already moving.  Efficient debarkation people and process. We arrived at the airport at 835am.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

I must have asked at least 20 people on the cruise "Are you jimbo on cruisecritic?" but all said no. We docked about six hours early, to avoid the storm in the Atlantic per the captain.  Early self-assist debarkation was also a little early,  we got down to the theater on deck 6 about 10 minutes early and the line was already moving.  Efficient debarkation people and process. We arrived at the airport at 835am.

Pilots (pilot boats) were saying last night they were expecting 30 knot winds early this morning so all the cruise ships were coming back early.  Independence of the Seas came in around 6:30 pm (it had been at anchor because their last couple cruises were cancelled). We saw Disney Fantasy come in around 8:45 last night and I tried to stay up for Mardi Gras but didn't make it.  Carnival Magic was supposed to be in around 1:00 am.

Sounds like you had a great cruise - I had fun following along!  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

But did you ask the people in Loft 19?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Is you flight to DC still on?

5 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Wish you had posted this earlier,we could have planned a meet.   Sorry it did not happen

• Like 1