Covid-19 cancellation

esper10

Hi

I need to cancel a cruise coming up in 3 weeks due to Covid. I started to call at 8:00 AM pacific time,  I can’t seems to be able to talk to anyone. After holding for a long time I’m told I need to talk to support I get transferred and after few minutes they hang up the phone tie and again. Any idea??? Please help, please. I was going to cruise with my mom she is 89 years of age and I gave her Covid. She is trying go get over it but still have symptoms I have a doctors letter and cancel for any time on my booking. Thank you so much for any help

Have you tried live chat on the Princess website?  I’ve read that people have been able to cancel cruises using this feature.  Not sure if you can cancel close to a sailing.  It can’t hurt to try.

I hope your mother recovers soon.  Good luck!

Edited by californiagirl

47 minutes ago, esper10 said:

Hi

I need to cancel a cruise coming up in 3 weeks due to Covid. I started to call at 8:00 AM pacific time,  I can’t seems to be able to talk to anyone. After holding for a long time I’m told I need to talk to support I get transferred and after few minutes they hang up the phone tie and again. Any idea??? Please help, please. I was going to cruise with my mom she is 89 years of age and I gave her Covid. She is trying go get over it but still have symptoms I have a doctors letter and cancel for any time on my booking. Thank you so much for any help

Immediate family member with covid should be a covered medical reason.

If you booked directly with Princess then you can cancel with them.

As suggested, I would try the chat line also. 

If you booked through a TA then you would have to go through them.

Good luck and take care.

It's another reason to have a TA who will do the waiting and negotiating for you, especially a local who you can get ahold of. Ordering the Princess PVP is also very worthwhile now, since it covers not only cancellation but any medical expenses if someone gets sick on board, which I would think essential coverage if you're traveling with anyone at-risk. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Good luck and take care.

I booked with Princess vacation planner can he help me??? He is off today but other vacation planner said I need customer service.

5 minutes ago, esper10 said:

I booked with Princess vacation planner can he help me??? He is off today but other vacation planner said I need customer service.

Yes, absolutely!  Is he in tomorrow?

I can’t believe someone else can’t help?

But, I don’t use the PCL planners.

Anyone else out there know?

6 minutes ago, esper10 said:

Wait for your vacation planner to come back. Since your cruise isn't for three weeks, you have time. I booked with a travel agent and had to cancel a day before my cruise  this week because I have covid. I opted for FCC instead of a refund. Was told it can take up to 30 days for it to appear in my account.

• Like 1

Good luck and take care.

Good luck and take care.

1 hour ago, esper10 said:

Yes. Call as soon as they open I think hours maybe earlier now. 
also email your Planner 

52 minutes ago, esper10 said:

I’m not sure if the planner will help me or transfer me also and The phone will be disconnected after 30 minutes hold

I get through by calling first thing and tell them to keep you on the line because they have to talk with different departments.