Oceania vs Viking

KKB

OK Oceania is a good deal for an interior (but at 160 sq. ft it is smaller than E class on Celebrity). Quite a few more days at sea than Viking.

But a smaller ship...(currently on wait list for the end of 2022...so would keep eye on end of 2023)

Viking is a bit bigger. Veranda is your only choice (hey I don't hate it when they force my hand)

Both seem to be very AI.

Any thoughts on the 2 lines? Pros/cons (or just differences) of each?

17 hours ago, KKB said:

OK Oceania is a good deal for an interior (but at 160 sq. ft it is smaller than E class on Celebrity). Quite a few more days at sea than Viking.

But a smaller ship...(currently on wait list for the end of 2022...so would keep eye on end of 2023)

Viking is a bit bigger. Veranda is your only choice (hey I don't hate it when they force my hand)

Both seem to be very AI.

Any thoughts on the 2 lines? Pros/cons (or just differences) of each?

When we were looking for a cruise line for our next World Cruise, we short-listed to Viking & Oceania, with Viking the best option for us.

For the Viking onboard experience, please check out our posts from the 2020 Viking Sun World Cruise - https://andyandjudi.com/

Please note, our blog is not moneterised, so we gain no benefit from additional visits.

You can also check out the Viking Board, where some pax have commented on the differences between both.

56 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

When we were looking for a cruise line for our next World Cruise, we short-listed to Viking & Oceania, with Viking the best option for us.

For the Viking onboard experience, please check out our posts from the 2020 Viking Sun World Cruise - https://andyandjudi.com/

Please note, our blog is not moneterised, so we gain no benefit from additional visits.

You can also check out the Viking Board, where some pax have commented on the differences between both.

Thanks--I had already bookmarked your blog as part of our research!

• Like 1

While we hope to try Viking Ocean someday (enjoy their river cruises), we didn’t want the all-inclusive experience it offers and liked the itinerary on Oceania for 2023 better.  We also prefer small ships, so that was a better fit too.  Oceania’s smaller cabin size isn’t an issue for us … as we learned to live small in our motorhome when we lived and traveled in it full time for 7 years.