Negative test question

Our next cruise is May 11, roundtrip from Vancouver to Alaska. I do know things can change by then. At this time is Princess requiring a negative test within 24 hrs of departure? Thanks for any info & input.

10 minutes ago, 1965 said:

Our next cruise is May 11, roundtrip from Vancouver to Alaska. I do know things can change by then. At this time is Princess requiring a negative test within 24 hrs of departure? Thanks for any info & input.

At present, you need a PCR (or similar) test no earlier than 72 hours to fly into Vancouver.  You need at least a supervised rapid antigen test within 2 days of cruise departure for Princess.  If you do the PCR two days ahead of cruise date, it will cover you both for flying and the ship.  Question is, can you get a PCR test done and the result in 24+ hrs? 

Ship sails SAT.

Fly in FRI.

PCR on THU.  Result needed before flight departs.

Canada and Princess have details on websites.  You can hope Canada eases this draconian requirement before May - and they might if Omicron dies down and nothing comes behind it as there was pressure on Canadian government to drop the PCR for fully-vaccinated prior to the Omicron wave. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

At present, you need a PCR (or similar) test no earlier than 72 hours to fly into Vancouver.  You need at least a supervised rapid antigen test within 2 days of cruise departure for Princess.  If you do the PCR two days ahead of cruise date, it will cover you both for flying and the ship.  Question is, can you get a PCR test done and the result in 24+ hrs? 

Ship sails SAT.

Fly in FRI.

PCR on THU.  Result needed before flight departs.

Canada and Princess have details on websites.  You can hope Canada eases this draconian requirement before May - and they might if Omicron dies down and nothing comes behind it as there was pressure on Canadian government to drop the PCR for fully-vaccinated prior to the Omicron wave. 

Yes, I didn’t book YVR cruise because of the current rules.  Last I checked, It says on PCL website, they are currently working with Canada on testing rules.

Now, if they just change the entry rules

for flying in…..

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Yes, I didn’t book YVR cruise because of the current rules.  Last I checked, It says on PCL website, they are currently working with Canada on testing rules.

Now, if they just change the entry rules

for flying in…..

Princess can say whatever they like, but I don't see our federal government relaxing rules for incoming cruisers versus Canadians returning home.  Nope - no way.  Until they are ready to relax rules for citizens, it will never fly politically to treat foreigners differently.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Princess can say whatever they like, but I don't see our federal government relaxing rules for incoming cruisers versus Canadians returning home.  Nope - no way.  Until they are ready to relax rules for citizens, it will never fly politically to treat foreigners differently.  (BTW, Canadians flying domestically need the same test).

Has something changed?  Last I checked, vaccinations were required to fly domestically in Canada, but no testing. 

1 hour ago, waiting2retire said:

Has something changed?  Last I checked, vaccinations were required to fly domestically in Canada, but no testing. 

i flew domestically YYZ to Bc and they checked VAX. No tests for that 

agree with Steelers- government will decide on testing whenever 

• Like 1