Cruise experience

xyankee

I am scheduled to sail on the Caribbean Princess on 5/14/22. Final payment is due in 3 weeks. Just curious to hear of your cruising experience with current mask requirements for anyone who has recently sailed on CB.

We sailed on the C.P twice in late Nov and again for the Christmas criuise. Everything was fine and as far as I know there were no Covid outbreaks. Ship was about at about 45% capacity for both cruises. Food was very good in the MDR and World Marketplace, good entertainment and the service was excellent. Everyone wore masks but some cheated in the main showroom. Most of the time we took the elevators we were the only ones on them. We eat dinner at 5PM and on the Christmas Cruise we were in a section where we were the only diners, we had the same waiters the whole week and obviously the service was outstanding. 

Both cruises were before Omicron so I'm sure things have changed quite a bit based on what I've read here on CC. Probably wouldn't cruise right now because we are in our mid 70s and scared of Covid and don't wanted to be in quarantine for who knows how long.

Since you are not sailing until mid May, I'm pretty sure things will be better as Omicron has already peaked in some states and by May should be not be a problem. We have a cruise booked in June with Celebrity and plan on sailing.

Edited by MISTER 67

1 hour ago, 1025cruise said:

Requirements today and requirements in May will possibly be different. I wouldn't fixate on what's going on right now to determine what will be in May.

I agree but you still have to wonder, this virus has a mind of it's own.

Cruised on the Enchanted the first week of December. Had a great time and did not have any problems. Masks were worn by the majority of people and as usual there are some who feel they do not have to be safe.  Our entire group of 5 were all over 70 and did not feel concerned at all about the virus on the ship. Agree that the rules now may not be the rules in May.  We are taking an Alaska cruise out of Vancouver in May and will keep an eye out for any changes which I and many others are sure will happen.

You must decide whether a cruise is right for you but for us it is time to travel and believe at our age we will take what comes along. That is why we always reserve a balcony just in case.

Enjoy your cruise as we will be on the Caribbean Princess nin November for Panama Canal.