Question About Filing Insurance Claim with Princess Insurance

BabySarge

How long does one have before they need to file a claim with Princess Insurance?  Is it something that needs to be done immediately or will the request still be honored say two months after the event?

We cancelled a cruise that we had the Princess insurance on that I believe is covered under the Princess Book with Confidence cancellation policy, yet the PVP said I would have to file a claim under the insurance to recoup the cancellation fees.  They also said that all cancellations were reviewed in-house and that might take up to six to eight weeks.  I just don't want to file the claim and then have Princess turn around and also try to give me FCC for the cancellation fees.  Some of the fees from our cancelled cruises (there were four in total) have started to show up on the MC account, so I sort of want to wait a bit and see if Princess sorts this out on their own, but I also don't want to miss any sort of deadline for having to file a claim with the insurance.

Thanks for any input.

Per AON FAQ there is no time limit for filing a claim but they encourage you to file as soon as possible.  https://www.aontravelclaim.com/#/FAQ_p

Your PVP may have suggested you file a claim if the reason you cancelled is one that would be covered under insurance and allow for cash to be refunded, rather than a FCC.  Here is the link to Book with Confidence FAQ which talks about how to handle cancellation if you have Princess Vacation Protection. https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cancellation-final-payment-policy/

Edited by Shelly97060

• 1 year later...

We had to cancel a cruise day before departure because husband tested positive for Covid.  Had Princess Vacation Protection.  6 months later and still waiting for the claim settlement.  Princess and insurance company each blaming the other for delay.

On 1/22/2022 at 7:57 AM, BabySarge said:

How long does one have before they need to file a claim with Princess Insurance?  Is it something that needs to be done immediately or will the request still be honored say two months after the event?

We cancelled a cruise that we had the Princess insurance on that I believe is covered under the Princess Book with Confidence cancellation policy, yet the PVP said I would have to file a claim under the insurance to recoup the cancellation fees.  They also said that all cancellations were reviewed in-house and that might take up to six to eight weeks.  I just don't want to file the claim and then have Princess turn around and also try to give me FCC for the cancellation fees.  Some of the fees from our cancelled cruises (there were four in total) have started to show up on the MC account, so I sort of want to wait a bit and see if Princess sorts this out on their own, but I also don't want to miss any sort of deadline for having to file a claim with the insurance.

Thanks for any input.

We did this and we got the 50% back in cash to our credit card (automatically), and then went to the AON site, entered our booking #, names and that was basically it.  AON paid the remaining 50% less the insurance cost (of course) in FCC.  Don' lose out on what is owed you. 

go to www.aontravelclaim.com it is so very, very easy.   

• Like 3

We cancelled a cruise on November 27/22.  We were at the 50% cancellation fee point.  

Within 48 hours, Princess had refunded the 50% to my credit card. 

We submitted the claim online to AON on November 29/22.  We had Princess Platinum insurance, and we asking for the "Medical" which entitled us to a refund, not FCC. 

We sent in the medical form on their website, filled in by our doctor.  AON never contacted us for any additional information.   

February 13/23  we received emails from AON stating the claim was approved and the cheques would be mailed out shortly for the remaining 50%.   

So, 10 weeks or so for processing.