Odyssey of the Seas Jan. 15, 2022 - Not Live Recap

twangster

If you have never been on a Quantum class ship there is an event in Two70 called "The Two70 Experience".  The event hosted by the CD showcases and talks about all the technology in the Two70 venue.  

665462805_Two70Exp.thumb.jpg.2d9fdf1c12939b20f93e3d43ffc65372.jpg

On this cruise The Two70 Experience was on night 5 in between the early and late performances of The Effectors.  Pre-pandemic Anthem used to do this event on night one and it was easy to miss it with all that's going on night one.

After watching Lume's costume mishap it seems the robots decided it was their turn.  One of them misbehaved and the safety mechanisms kicked in.  They all froze mid-performance of "Dance In a Box".  The backstage crew had to come out and very carefully guide each robot back to its home position one by one.  During this they unexpected turn of events they created a Q & A session.  

IMG_4205.thumb.jpg.c19a01ffa1c1b3135154ea843a4d3856.jpg

IMG_4207.thumb.jpg.67f99ff69b512bdb68fd8212f7294210.jpg

After the robo screens had been reset they carried on and played "Oceanides".  This robo screen show can only be seen on Odyssey of the Seas.

oy-2109-59.jpg

oy-2109-60.jpg

oy-2109-61.jpg

oy-2109-62.jpg

I've never seen this robo screen failure occur on any Q class ship so it was actually pretty neat seeing it happen and watching the process to reset them for a tech nerd like me.  

• Like 7

53 minutes ago, twangster said:

After watching Lume's costume mishap it seems the robots decided it was their turn.  One of them misbehaved and the safety mechanisms kicked in.  They all froze mid-performance of "Dance In a Box".  The backstage crew had to come out and very carefully guide each robot back to its home position one by one.  During this they unexpected turn of events they created a Q & A session.  

After the robo screens had been reset they carried on and played "Oceanides".  This robo screen show can only be seen on Odyssey of the Seas.

I've never seen this robo screen failure occur on any Q class ship so it was actually pretty neat seeing it happen and watching the process to reset them for a tech nerd like me.  

Are these guys former bartenders from robo bar?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, island lady said:

Thanks for the really talented and great review!!  🤗

Now...time to bring her back to us...I am packing now to board tomorrow.  😉 

Where’s a hurricane to cause a diversion when you need one?   I could stay on for a few days more.  🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Twangster, I think this is my last question: Can we use our diamond+ drink coupons on the first day and is the Diamond lounge open on the first day? oops...I think that was actually two questions:)

(Celebrity wouldn't let us last month)

Happy Cruising?

13 minutes ago, ptf2009 said:

Twangster, I think this is my last question: Can we use our diamond+ drink coupons on the first day and is the Diamond lounge open on the first day? oops...I think that was actually two questions:)

(Celebrity wouldn't let us last month)

Happy Cruising?

Yes to both but you’ll need a SeaPass card to open the DL and you won’t get your SeaPass cards until cabins open at 2pm.    There may be a B2B guest who is in there that can open the door. 

Diamond drink vouchers work as soon as you step on the ship.  They can use your cabin number until you get your SeaPass card.  

Celebrity Elite drinks are happy hour only as most guests will be “Always Included” guests.  

Edited by twangster
  • Like 1

Captain Per was telling us about his career history.  He worked on Sun Viking early on.   Next year he said, we call all buy a piece of Sun Viking - go to Home Depot and buy some nails.  🤣

7EA88BA9-4D4B-47F2-B141-B6A4DFC9EF5B.thumb.jpeg.48207c2a4526fc4b952e5f110e9501ce.jpeg

Edited by twangster
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, twangster said:

If you have never been on a Quantum class ship there is an event in Two70 called "The Two70 Experience".  The event hosted by the CD showcases and talks about all the technology in the Two70 venue.  

665462805_Two70Exp.thumb.jpg.2d9fdf1c12939b20f93e3d43ffc65372.jpg

On this cruise The Two70 Experience was on night 5 in between the early and late performances of The Effectors.  Pre-pandemic Anthem used to do this event on night one and it was easy to miss it with all that's going on night one.

IMG_4205.thumb.jpg.c19a01ffa1c1b3135154ea843a4d3856.jpg

oy-2109-59.jpg

oy-2109-60.jpg

oy-2109-61.jpg

oy-2109-62.jpg

This all looks AMAZING. Right up my alley. Thanks for all this info @twangster!