Booked Category wrong in RoyalUp

sford75

So we recently upgraded our stateroom from an OV to a Balcony GTY when the rates dropped. Saved us $500.

however, the RoyalUp bidding page does not reflect our current category, it still says Oceanview. I called Royal and the person was clueless and then told me that it doesn’t matter because my category is correct on their end. I also confirmed with others on my sailing who are booked in the same category, what their minimum bids are (literally half of mine) and they also have more options for higher categories. 
Has this happened to anyone else? Does it eventually get updated? I sent an email to the RoyalUp email address yesterday but not sure how long it takes them to respond.

15 minutes ago, sford75 said:

Does it eventually get updated?

As mentioned above, you may need to wait a bit for Plusgrade (the company that runs Royal Up) and RCI IT systems to sync before the new Royal Up offers are available.

• Like 1

Have you canceled your old bids?  If not do so.  Not the same situation as your, but here is a recent experience when I needed to cancel a bid to move on.  I originally only bid on one category.  Later I heard there was a “sale” the lower minimums on various other categories.  With my bid in place, I could not even see those categories.  Once I canceled the old bid, I could see the whole list of offerings with new lower minimums.

If canceling the old bids and signing back in to RoyalUp does not repopulate with appropriate options, check back each day.  Sometimes it takes a few days for offers to come through.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

Have you canceled your old bids?  If not do so.  Not the same situation as your, but here is a recent experience when I needed to cancel a bid to move on.  I originally only bid on one category.  Later I heard there was a “sale” the lower minimums on various other categories.  With my bid in place, I could not even see those categories.  Once I canceled the old bid, I could see the whole list of offerings with new lower minimums.

If canceling the old bids and signing back in to RoyalUp does not repopulate with appropriate options, check back each day.  Sometimes it takes a few days for offers to come through.

I did have one placed. I just went ahead and cancelled it. Thank you. Let's hope this works.

Spoke to 3 people at Royal and not one made this suggestion.

So unfortunately it still hasn't updated. I sent an email to the RoyalUp email address last week and haven't received a response and I've called twice and been told 2 different things. 1. that it doesn't matter and 2. that it's something my TA needs to correct.

Thank goodness the service received from their call center is not reflective of the service you receive on board. Because customer service on the phone is non-existent

6 minutes ago, Robo1098 said:

From my understanding of it your travel agent does not get invlved in Royal-Up. 

Oh I know. Just goes to show you how clueless their customer service reps are. And as for the first, it does make a difference because I'm being offered to bid on categories that would be a downgrade. and my minimums are much higher than others in my same booked category.

30 minutes ago, sford75 said:

So unfortunately it still hasn't updated. I sent an email to the RoyalUp email address last week and haven't received a response and I've called twice and been told 2 different things. 1. that it doesn't matter and 2. that it's something my TA needs to correct.

Thank goodness the service received from their call center is not reflective of the service you receive on board. Because customer service on the phone is non-existent

I’m sorry to hear that canceling the old bid and waiting did not help.

Are you referring to calls to the Royal Caribbean customer service agents?  If so, I am not surprised they cannot help, as RoyalUp is run by a third party, so the Royal Caribbean agents probably know little about it.  Same with your travel agent.

I have not seen a phone number for plusgrade, that third party company.  If you found one that works (even sub-optimally), do share.

Have you cleared your cache?  Have you tried with a different browser and/or with a different device?  If none of those help, I might ask TA to have cruise documents reissued by Royal Caribbean (I doubt that will help, but I’d probably try it as I have no other ideas at the moment.

40 minutes ago, sford75 said:

As above royal up is a different company and has to sync with rcl. Expecting it over night .. patience my friend. No one said it would happen immediately and being mad at rcl for what royal up does is  a waste of energy. They have no control whomever you spoke with at rcl. There is no phone number to talk to royal up. 

1 hour ago, Starry Eyes said:

I’m sorry to hear that canceling the old bid and waiting did not help.

Are you referring to calls to the Royal Caribbean customer service agents?  If so, I am not surprised they cannot help, as RoyalUp is run by a third party, so the Royal Caribbean agents probably know little about it.  Same with your travel agent.

I have not seen a phone number for plusgrade, that third party company.  If you found one that works (even sub-optimally), do share.

Have you cleared your cache?  Have you tried with a different browser and/or with a different device?  If none of those help, I might ask TA to have cruise documents reissued by Royal Caribbean (I doubt that will help, but I’d probably try it as I have no other ideas at the moment.

Honestly, it’s the lack of knowledge on their part. And then to give out wrong information is just bad. 
I tried today from my work computer and it’s the same. Hopefully tomorrow may be different. 🤷🏼‍♀️

19 minutes ago, sford75 said:

Honestly, it’s the lack of knowledge on their part. And then to give out wrong information is just bad. 
I tried today from my work computer and it’s the same. Hopefully tomorrow may be different. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I hope a day or two hells.

There are plenty of details Royal Caribbean’s customer service agents need to get just right to do their jobs well, and if ever they manage to consistently get all those details right, I will totally give them a pass for lack of know about the details of RoyalUp IT issues, as those really are not their job.  They were probably doing their best to help you.  If they refer you to your travel agent, it is likely because your travel agent “owns” your reservation and therefore should be your point of contact; if you want to use Royal Caribbean Customer Service as your point of contact, you need to book direct.  Not that I think your TA has any more expertise than the Royal Caribbean CSA’s, though as I mentioned you could ask the TA to reissue documents in hopes it will somehow jolt the system.  The answer to RoyalUp IT questions would come from Plusgrade, and Plusgrade has not yet answered your email.

We had the same issue because we went from an ocean view balcony to a guarantee. My bids kept getting cancelled.  I called RCCL and they said to try clearing cookies etc and also gave me an email for the Royal up Dept. royalup@rccl.com.

I tried imputing my info in a private tab using the Royal up link on their website and I was finally able to get the corrected available bid categories. So I didn’t need to use the email. 

9 hours ago, hardinggrad said:

We had the same issue because we went from an ocean view balcony to a guarantee. My bids kept getting cancelled.  I called RCCL and they said to try clearing cookies etc and also gave me an email for the Royal up Dept. royalup@rccl.com.

I tried imputing my info in a private tab using the Royal up link on their website and I was finally able to get the corrected available bid categories. So I didn’t need to use the email. 

Thanks! I’ve tried this too with no luck. I did finally get a rep who was fantastic. She was knowledgeable and she was the one who gave me the RoyalUp email address. Still waiting to hear back from them though. 

• Like 1

I just wanted to update this thread in case anyone ever has a similar issue. 

We upgraded our booked reservation on a Friday with our TA. The new correct category for RoyalUp was not reflective on the bidding page until the following Thursday. I did cancel out all previous bids while I waited for the system to be updated.

• Like 2