Shows on Wonder of the seas

tigerwilf

On 1/24/2022 at 9:43 AM, ticketsunlimited said:

Tell them to drop some bucks and bring in Hamilton 

I would LOVE Hamilton! I hope it’s at the very least something new and not recycled, especially Cats. I could never get through that one, sorry to all the fans…..

21 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Have you seen the newer version. A lot of slow stuff is gone

No I haven’t. I even forget which ship has it…… I guess that’s what happens when we can’t cruise for 18 months. Our new favorite ship is odyssey, but going on Wonder later this year and looking forward to that!

Edited by lovesthebeach2
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Have you seen the newer version. A lot of slow stuff is gone

the new version is still terrible. Saw it on Oasis in September. I’ve never even thought of walking out of a show before but I wanted to during this. Unfortunately my mother was sitting blocking the aisle and wouldn’t let me out because “it would be rude”.  Glad I didn’t make my teens go.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

No I haven’t. I even forget which ship has it…… I guess that’s what happens when we can’t cruise for 18 months. Our new favorite ship is odyssey, but going on Wonder later this year and looking forward to that!

Oasis 

• Like 1

Just got home from Odyssey. The only reservations needed were for The Book. The only complaint I have is that they didn't give enough time for applause for the contortionist, as she was absolutely incredible!

Also, saw Showgirls with stunning costumes and great singing and dancing by all! We enjoyed the Effectors with fantastic techy stuff including numerous drones (one of which fell and was quickly wiped off the stage by one of the dancers).

We had a great cruise with fantastic entertainment, great service (spoiled now), and delicious food! However, we didn't really like the whole layout of the ship. Playmakers bar (above the sea plex) can only be accessed by stairs (no elevator) and there are no restrooms up there! Really, a sports bar with no bathroom! The esplanade is too choppy and not fun for people watching or sales. We still prefer the Oasis class and ships with the Promenade.

We went to Next Cruise and booked the Wonder of the Seas for December 11th and look forward to seeing her all decked out for the Christmas season!! Cheers all!!

• Like 1

Billy Elliot would be great, but unlikely, due to the many kids in the cast. And probably because of the swearing. 🙂

Loved Grease on Harmony, would be fine with Mamma Mia, but really hope to get something new. 

With cruises starting soon, shouldn't they start giving out some informations? Have they even shared photos from aboard yet? Different neighbourhoods, specialty dining and new venues?

4 minutes ago, Brandis said:

Billy Elliot would be great, but unlikely, due to the many kids in the cast. And probably because of the swearing. 🙂

Loved Grease on Harmony, would be fine with Mamma Mia, but really hope to get something new. 

With cruises starting soon, shouldn't they start giving out some informations? Have they even shared photos from aboard yet? Different neighbourhoods, specialty dining and new venues?

Haven’t seen much on the possible shows but there’s been lots of information on dining options different venues and plenty pictures showing the new neighbourhoods especially the new suite deck area.

10 minutes ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

Haven’t seen much on the possible shows but there’s been lots of information on dining options different venues and plenty pictures showing the new neighbourhoods especially the new suite deck area.

I just thoght back in the days when Oasis was about to come out, they put dedicated videos on Youtube months in advance showing off the different neigbourhoods, dining venues etc. Haven't found much in that regard for Wonder. What they sent out in Newsletters was either recycled images from older ships or just artist impressions.

Is there perhaps a website that has all the info on Wonder in one place?

I hope it is not Chicago.  Ugh.  Not really a feel good vacation-y show.  And it I really wish they would not repeat the BIG show on more than one ship.  But I figure it probably will be.  sigh.

Of the Broadway/ West End shows on the ships now or past, I like Hairspray best.

I always feel like Legally Blonde the Musical would be a great choice (not that I think it will ever happen): it is fun, reasonably light, there is a lot of flexibility in casting, sets should work well on a ship, etc.  And there is a movie that most people are familiar with so non english speaking audiences have some idea what it is all about.