Roughly what % of capacity has Carnival been running at the last few weeks?

Tom-n-Cheryl

I'm asking because we're going on the Reflection next month, and they've had several sailings with guest counts of 900-1200, so appx 35-40%, which seems quite low. I was not sure if Carnival has been in the same range or not. I know on our three (since restart) Carnival sailings they were a good 60-75%+, but that was pre-Omicron.

Tom

• Like 1

Guest BasicSailor

Dang, Tom your post almost went to page two 😆. No man's land. I think right before omicron I noticed there was an increase in passengers. along 60 to 70 percent. The next few weeks Carnival was adding passengers and jumped to 75 to 85 percent. Omicron dropped it back, I'm guessing around 60 to 70 percent or even less. But that's just my take on it.

Just got off Radiance on Friday. Only 872 passengers, capacity 2984, so less than 50%. Approx. 1400 people canceled in the previous 2 weeks before the cruise departed. But home port is in California so that could be why, CA is very cautious about everything. 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

One thing I heard is that ships with lower passenger counts have also had around the same number cancel.  Omicron and continued need for testing are partially driving these cancellations.  They tend to increase for various ships when there are reports of COVID on board a current or recent cruise. But I'm not seeing cruise lines pushing to fill up space with last minute sale prices.

We have been on 4 carnival cruises (timeframe July - Nov) and not one was over 50%.  We sail on the Breeze again on Thursday so I'm curious to see how it compares to last time (July).

Between the people who test positive at the last minutes and have to cancel, and the people who are voluntarily cancelling due to the extended protocols and Omicron concerns, I'm guessing we'll be at 50% or less still.

1 hour ago, wardwhitty said:

We were on the Freedom on 1/9-1/15 and it sailed at 40%.  Although it was nice to have the ship at such low numbers I have to say it seemed a little eerie at times that the ship was so empty and quiet.

That's how Magic felt for us last September.  The hall through the staterooms felt like the scene out of "The Shining" with the twin girls.  Just a little too quiet.😳

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

7 hours ago, 2Shoes2Go said:

On Valor now. Guest count is 1502; down from 1,780 last cruise.

I was on that cruise ... if there were 1780 TOTAL people on board (including crew), I'll be a monkey's uncle. It was a ghost ship except for where they were showing football and even then, you could still count the number of people.

2 hours ago, cocomango said:

That's even fewer than what we had!

We were on Legend from Jan 2-9. Had 1400. It was great! 

We had 1,800 on Legend December 5-12. Not crowded, but definitely not a ghost ship. Short wait for YTD at peak times. Comedy shows hit capacity 20+ minutes prior to showtime. Trivia sessions would sometimes overflow out of the seating area across from Red Frog Pub. Plenty of empty seats for all of the Playlist Productions shows, and I never saw a lounge at capacity.