Weather Concerns

3 hours ago, adolfo2 said:

We're supposed to get our COVID tests today for a Monday sailing & our testing locations (due to NE storm) are dropping like flies! 

Had four locations scheduled for today/Saturday and now down to one!

All four of our COVID test times/venues were cancelled today due to snow. Will be trying again tomorrow (Sunday) for AotS embarkation on Monday.

5 minutes ago, adolfo2 said:

All four of our COVID test times/venues were cancelled today due to snow. Will be trying again tomorrow (Sunday) for AotS embarkation on Monday.

Same here. All four cancelled. We have two left at an Urgent Care place but I think they are closed. We have two places scheduled for tomorrow and as a last resort, we have appointments at the port in Bayonne. Good luck.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PC2 said:

Same here. All four cancelled. We have two left at an Urgent Care place but I think they are closed. We have two places scheduled for tomorrow and as a last resort, we have appointments at the port in Bayonne. Good luck.

You testing children hence "at the port" or do you have a source for testing at Bayonne?

1 hour ago, adolfo2 said:

You testing children hence "at the port" or do you have a source for testing at Bayonne?

I was able to get two appointments at what I think is a mobile unit set up at the port for people who were not able to be tested anywhere else. The website that reallyitsmema listed is what I used. I thought I saw that the cost was $150 per person, but whatever, I hope to be able to be tested locally tomorrow. If not, we will have this.

On 1/25/2022 at 2:31 PM, cruisetorelax44 said:

the storm is late friday night into saturday. i don't get off work until 11pm on friday.. so friday isn't possible. we're trying to come up with alternative plans, but this would be crushing. we're in a 2-bedroom grand suite for the first time, and this cruise has been planned since feb. 2019.

Wow, I hope you made it out;

Pretty expensive suite to miss out.

6 minutes ago, adolfo2 said:

I have been all over that website and NEVER seen this before... Thank You!

The FAQ section of the Healthy Sail Section of the website does a pretty decent job of answering a lot of the what if questions.  Hope you were able to schedule a test.  🙂 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq

20 minutes ago, adolfo2 said:

I have been all over that website and NEVER seen this before... Thank You!

It's not cheap.   I thought the mobile lab at bayonne charges $150/pp    the prices varies per port but is a great last minute option.   I saw several people in line while I was waiting to enter the terminal on Jan 9th. 

1 hour ago, PC2 said:

I was able to get two appointments at what I think is a mobile unit set up at the port for people who were not able to be tested anywhere else. The website that reallyitsmema listed is what I used. I thought I saw that the cost was $150 per person, but whatever, I hope to be able to be tested locally tomorrow. If not, we will have this.

+ Same here. Had one cancel today. Have one scheduled for late afternoon Sunday. If that cancels I scheduled one for the port. 

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

It's not cheap.   I thought the mobile lab at bayonne charges $150/pp    the prices varies per port but is a great last minute option.   I saw several people in line while I was waiting to enter the terminal on Jan 9th. 

Is the mobile unit near the entrance or nearby? I have never seen it

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

There are lots of urgent health care places in Jersey City that does Antigen test for much less than $150.00.  You might want to use google and I think they are located in Westside Ave Jersey City.

Because of the snow storm, both Urgent Care places near us were closed but I have early morning appointments at one, and if that doesn’t work out, there is another one nearby that is walk in only for the rapid test and then I have Walgreen’s again as a back up. I really don’t want to have to spend the money at the port but it is there if we need it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PC2 said:

Is the mobile unit near the entrance or nearby? I have never seen it

When you pull up to drop off luggage on the right and on the left is an island where sometimes you see buses park to pick up/drop off people is where the mobile lab was parked when I was there the other week. 

At first glance I thought it was a food truck then saw the sign for testing. 

Just now, Sunshine3601 said:

When you pull up to drop off luggage on the right and on the left is an island where sometimes you see buses park to pick up/drop off people is where the mobile lab was parked when I was there the other week. 

At first glance I thought it was a food truck then saw the sign for testing. 

Thanks. That’s where they had us pull in and drop off our luggage last month. 

• Like 1

We were suppose to board Jewel today until Royal cancelled it for whatever reason. So glad they did! The hassle with finding Covid testing and the extreme cold weather right now.  I was also concerned about being in a possible quarantine situation. Glad it worked out that our cruise was cancelled.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, coaster said:

We were suppose to board Jewel today until Royal cancelled it for whatever reason. So glad they did! The hassle with finding Covid testing and the extreme cold weather right now.  I was also concerned about being in a possible quarantine situation. Glad it worked out that our cruise was cancelled.

The Jewel has been cancelled since January 14 when they cancelled other sailings.  They cancelled it because of the rise in covid cases from the holiday sailings and omicron.

Just now, micruiser2002 said:

The Jewel has been cancelled since January 14 when they cancelled other sailings.  They cancelled it because of the rise in covid cases from the holiday sailings and omicron.

Jewel became another ship for positive to quarantine.  2 weeks ago we dropped 72 positive crew members to Jewel in St Maarten.  I guess the other 2 ghost ships got full since they quarantine crew members for 10 to 14 days.

Seems like everything is calming down on all ships🤩