New Year's Eve onboard.....

Mike&Nancy

6 minutes ago, Mike&Nancy said:

Can anyone tell me what it's like to celebrate NYE on board in the middle of the ocean??  We're debating booking a cruise that we will be onboard that nite.  

Thanks

Mike

In the times past when we are on Princess New Year cruises they were very festive everyone wearing party favors, balloon drops, music everywhere and a lot of fun.

On this past cruise it was pretty subdued because I think they were trying not to encourage large groups of people gathering in common areas?  So pre-covid it was a blast.....with covid it was so...so.

Still a cruise is a great way to welcome in the New Year for sure...cheers.

• Like 2

We just did our first NYE cruise and we really enjoyed it. I believe the Sky had celebrations in 3 locations, the piazza, Take 5 and the Lido decks. The Lido deck was definitely where it was at. I am hoping to be able to do it again.

• Like 2

Ruby had a formal night, with one of the nicest formal night MDR menus I’ve seen in ages.  We had live music in the various venues and on deck, and there were top hats and tiaras.  At midnight, every venue got loud - even those without anything special going on.  The party continued in Skywalkers for some time.  

I especially enjoyed many of the crew having quick celebratory FaceTime calls with friends and loved ones where they showed passengers having a good time and being grateful the crew is back on board.  

10/10, would do again. No driving, no overcrowded bars, no annoying marked-up “special menus” that aren’t that special.  Skilled professionals to bring me a Bloody Mary in bed the next morning. 

• Like 6

Thanks guys for all the responses.  I would really like to go but it's so close to after Christmas and my better half likes to get all the Christmas stuff cleared up and out and she's not sure we can get it all done so we don't have to worry about it coming home.  So we're gonna work on it and see what happens.  Again, thanks for all the help.

Mike

Well, I was able to talk her into it.  We booked a NYE cruise for this year ending.  We just decided not to put so much Christmas up and maybe not decorate the tree quite as heavily as we normally do.  Thanks for all the replys and the urging us to go.  It worked.

Mike

• Like 2