Trouble purchasing internet with the app

ratherbecruzin

I would like to know this too. I tried to purchase today in the app for our cruise this Saturday. It keeps saying my credit card is declined, yet the card is fine and I used it to purchase specialty dining in the app last week. I tried to get it resolved thru chat, but it was a waste of time. I have a call in to my PVP to buy it through her. 
If it’s the same price in board I’ll just wait, but I thought I remembered reading that it is cheaper ahead of time.

I have seen quite a few posts about this issue recently.  Go back in try and purchase it and take a screen shot when it doesn't go through so that  when you get on board you can show them you did attempt to buy it in advance.  I love Siri she's like a personal assistant on my phone .

FYI…You can purchase on the ship but I understand it will cost more. I had the same problem but for me I knew I would be on hold for a while but I wanted the lower price. It’s 50% discount for Elite which will appear as a credit on your account once on the ship. 

I paid $63.93 for 7 days which will cost me $31.96 for one device. 

Tom😀

Edited by trbarton

3 hours ago, ratherbecruzin said:

I’m trying to purchase the internet on the app but no luck. I’ve tried calling Princess but after holding an hour, I gave up. Can I get the same internet prices when I get onboard? I’m a platinum member. Thank you

Did you click on the line that says 1 device or multi device first?

that lights up the buy button.

You can purchase OB going to the Internet cafe, on Day 1, tell them the app didn’t work.  Call Princess first thing in morning, they can do it too.

The charge you see on the App is the price 9.99 a day for 1 device, etc. Then OB your folio will show 50% off due to Platinum and they issue an OBC for that amount.

Try it again on the app. Some issues were resolved today on the app. Don’t know if it affected you.

5 minutes ago, trbarton said:

FYI…You can purchase on the ship but I understand it will cost more. I had the same problem but for me I knew I would be on hold for a while but I wanted the lower price. It’s 50% discount for Elite which will appear as a credit on your account once on the ship. 

I paid $63.93 for 7 days which will cost me $31.96 for one device. 

Tom😀

It has to be addressed on day 1, onboard due to the App. I did not want to waste time OB with it. So, I got a few booked online with Princess. 

45 minutes ago, sunviking90 said:

I would like to know this too. I tried to purchase today in the app for our cruise this Saturday. It keeps saying my credit card is declined, yet the card is fine and I used it to purchase specialty dining in the app last week. I tried to get it resolved thru chat, but it was a waste of time. I have a call in to my PVP to buy it through her. 
If it’s the same price in board I’ll just wait, but I thought I remembered reading that it is cheaper ahead of time.

Your PVP can do it for you, then you won’t have to go to the Internet cafe or guest services the first day. They know the app has been an issue.

I’d try to do this tmrw since your leaving Sat.  
In the app is your home address correct

or did it disappear?  Under travel checklist, personal information…address?

Check that and if you have to efit and enter your address again, look at the phone number right above it and make sure the +1 is showing before your phone numbers, assuming you are in the US.

Then try the internet purchase again.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

It has to be addressed on day 1, onboard due to the App. I did not want to waste time OB with it. So, I got a few booked online with Princess. 

After Day 1, it is a higher price. It id supposed to be a prepurchase price.