BLU - not to miss selections

sunnydaysmile

Another vote for the braised short ribs and lamb chops; also the seared duck breast, and there's a miso glazed salmon that I love. In fact, I don't think there has ever been anything I haven't loved in Blu. We've been in a suite our last 2 cruises and, while I liked Luminae just fine, I'm very much looking forward to returning to Blu for our upcoming cruise on the Reflection. 

5 minutes ago, 5:00_Somewhere said:

Another vote for the braised short ribs and lamb chops; also the seared duck breast, and there's a miso glazed salmon that I love. In fact, I don't think there has ever been anything I haven't loved in Blu. We've been in a suite our last 2 cruises and, while I liked Luminae just fine, I'm very much looking forward to returning to Blu for our upcoming cruise on the Reflection. 

When was the last time you were in Blu. We always travel Aqua and partially because of Blu, but we've been on two cruises since they restarted. There is a definite downward turn in terms of sourcing, preparation, and portioning. However, it is all subjective and I realize that. Different tastes for different people. Overall we just love the ships and cruising in general, and will continue to do so, but the food specifically has always been much better than now.

We even found Tuscan (which was always my mother's favorite) to be very disappointing.  This time around though Qsine was fabulous, so much so, that we went a second time when the menu changed.

16 hours ago, Guppy99 said:

When was the last time you were in Blu. We always travel Aqua and partially because of Blu, but we've been on two cruises since they restarted. There is a definite downward turn in terms of sourcing, preparation, and portioning. However, it is all subjective and I realize that. Different tastes for different people. Overall we just love the ships and cruising in general, and will continue to do so, but the food specifically has always been much better than now.

We even found Tuscan (which was always my mother's favorite) to be very disappointing.  This time around though Qsine was fabulous, so much so, that we went a second time when the menu changed.

We have not been in Blu since the restart, but we have done 3 cruises and know there are supply chain issues affecting the food. We experienced its impact in Luminae and specialty restaurants as well, and understand there will be changes across the board. I personally appreciate the smaller portions we've been seeing. Like you, we're just happy to be cruising again, and are willing to roll with the changes.