newly platinum

herbanrenewal

3 minutes ago, herbanrenewal said:

cruise booked today for end of February will be first since getting to platinum.

My travel buddy is not yet platinum. Can she accompany me to cocktail party? 

is it a single cocktail party or is there a cocktail hour every day like on Celebrity and Royal?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong- As far as I know , NCL has temporarily , due to covid, discontinued meet and greets, dinners with officers, and latitude get- togethers. Social distancing protocols.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, herbanrenewal said:

cruise booked today for end of February will be first since getting to platinum.

My travel buddy is not yet platinum. Can she accompany me to cocktail party? 

is it a single cocktail party or is there a cocktail hour every day like on Celebrity and Royal?

There is one (1) Latitudes party for anyone on their second cruise or greater. Usually in the afternoon of the first sea day. No "diamond lounge"-like place. If your buddy is "not yet platinum", I assume that buddy has been on at least one cruise so can go to the Latitudes party. No platinum cocktails. 

Edited by BirdTravels

I have sailed twice since the pandemic (Encore Aug & Escape Xmas) had there was a latitudes party on both. 

Strictly speaking it is solely for latitudes members however there is nothing to stop you bringing a friend. 

15 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Aren't those latitudes parties just the sales pitch for cruise next?

If you don't have a drink package, they are a good way to get some free drinks and fun snacks! Back in the days before the drink package options, I know I always hit the party, if even for one drink. Now, not so much.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Aren't those latitudes parties just the sales pitch for cruise next?

There usually is a sales pitch, but that isn't the only reason for the party.  It gives passengers a chance to get to know some of the officers, try some different or unusual cocktails, chat with other Latitudes members, and occasionally learn new ways to get more fun from your cruise.  Back in the good old days, the parties even included a door prize drawing.  Sometimes the prizes were so-so, like a bottle of bubbly or a couple of bingo cards, but occasionally they offered a free upgrade to a suite.  We once won a bundle of prizes that included raffle tickets, bingo cards, a nice bottle of Chardonnay, and a coupon good for free laundry service.  Not an earth shaking award, but an appreciated prize.  I wish they would go back to offering door prizes.  I suppose the fun factor or benefit you perceive in attending a Latitudes party depends upon your outlook.  Approach it with a positive attitude and it can be a fun and rewarding experience.

• Like 2

I won an excursion in one cruise and a map with the itinerary for that cruise marked in another one. I missed those drawings too. I was on the Epic on b2b cruises for Christmas and I went to both parties plus my last cruises before the pandemic on the Jewel, the  Sky, the Breakway and the Joy in 2019. In all of those cruises, except for the Sky, the appetizers were cheese only. I remember the days when they were better. The Sky which is the smallest of those ships and has the shortest itinerary, had the best party, a variety of appetizers, and best interaction with officers and staff that I have had in all my cruises. They took a picture of us and each of us received one in the cabin the next day. The other ships: Cruise Next, Cruise Next, etc. 😂

On 1/26/2022 at 8:53 PM, cruiserbear55 said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong- As far as I know , NCL has temporarily , due to covid, discontinued meet and greets, dinners with officers, and latitude get- togethers. Social distancing protocols.

When we were on Encore this month, the cocktail party and other perks were cancelled due to COVID.  The best perks are the free laundry and the specialty dining which worked as normal.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, joyy7403 said:

We just got off he Gem & there were no gatherings, such as Captain’s Cocktail hour nor a Latitudes gathering. 

Hi Joy! Did they do the behind the scenes tour or the world of wine tasting? We will be on in a few weeks and just curious, although I do know a lot can change according to the day! 🙂

22 minutes ago, Arcalle said:

Hi Joy! Did they do the behind the scenes tour or the world of wine tasting? We will be on in a few weeks and just curious, although I do know a lot can change according to the day! 🙂

from what i read in various groups on FB, those events is also canceled due to covid